IGNORED

Sound of the city

Bowlegchicken

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Sorry, went to edit, and deleted wrong bit.

This is what I’d put:

Well if anyone heard a few rumours doing the rounds, Ian Gay has heard the same and just broadcast it on BBCRB.  Him and his source have no filter and no shame.  Wow!

How the hell can Steve allow Ian Gay's source to peddle this stuff into the open? Not to mention undisclosed transfer fees and the like. Are they hoping that Manning gets wind of it and pisses off?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

How the hell can Steve allow Ian Gay's source to peddle this stuff into the open? Not to mention undisclosed transfer fees and the like. Are they hoping that Manning gets wind of it and pisses off?

FWIW, I have no comprehension as to why. It baffles me!

2 minutes ago, The Coach said:

Yes, knew someone at the time who was involved with City. Had the full details of what happened in the dressing room and what happened after…

I'm certainly not going to ask for details and especially on an Open Forum, but from what you were told would you say..

A) The sacking fair?

B) Without the alleged ruck or whatever it was, would GJ have been sacked certainly at that point. 

Just now, bearded_red said:

Didn’t necessarily agree with everything he said, and he’s certainly more charitable towards Manning than I am, but I thought Piercey was an excellent addition, hope they use him more often.

His level of knowledge and insight is so much higher than anybody that has previously covered us for the post.

Much as I love the fans getting an opportunity (and being on there myself), tonight’s show pisses all over previous weeks becayse you’ve got the right people on it.

• Like 13

3 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

Didn’t necessarily agree with everything he said, and he’s certainly more charitable towards Manning than I am, but I thought Piercey was an excellent addition, hope they use him more often.

His level of knowledge and insight is so much higher than anybody that has previously covered us for the post.

He wrote a very decent article in the post earlier. He gets it but clearly has to be a bit careful in how far he goes in print.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

Yeah, he's bound to have more of a neutral view. In fairness, he did call out the clubs porkies on why Nige was sacked, which could land him in some hot water. So fair play to him. 

• Like 8

41 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I don’t think Owers quite understands what ‘emotions’ in Manning speak actually is.

What Owers understands is how to conduct himself on a professional football pitch. Something Liam Manning has never had the opportunity to accomplish. He also watches pretty much every game we play and if he's seeing players playing without a bit of fire in their belly in the name of "controlling their emotions" he will spot it a lot earlier than you or I do.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Much as I love the fans getting an opportunity (and being on there myself), tonight’s show pisses all over previous weeks becayse you’ve got the right people on it.

Best one since Geoff left.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

He wrote a very decent article in the post earlier. He gets it but clearly has to be a bit careful in how far he goes in print.

Yeah I’ve read it, I thought describing watching City at the moment as ‘a strange spectacle’ was excellent. Really hit the nail on the head.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Think it's quite telling Gary and the presenter have opined they're very sure that Manning will be here next season, whereas James hasn't made any such commitment, and instead has talked about things "spiralling" and the situation being "overwhelming".

I think if we don't get anything  from Leicester and Plymouth then Manning is gone. 

I’m with you on this @Kid in the Riot - losing the next two could well be the end for Manning……

4 minutes ago, RollsRoyce said:

I managed to tune into the last half hour. Some interesting points, and a few red herrings as well in my view.

But they did touch on the area where I believe, others will disagree, that the club is lacking. Leadership. When they removed Nige they left the club with the following 4 key people. Marshall, Tinnion, Jon Lansdown and Manning. In isolation you would question each of those people to perform their roles, but in combination it is in my view a recipe for disaster. There is no strength or depth of ability in that set up, so when you do have say a Manning type come in, who is learning on the job, the rest of the structure is not sufficiently able to support and carry them. This would be true of any young inexperienced coach coming in. I personally detest how Manning wants to play football, but that is about preferences, others love that type of game plan. But you cannot move Manning out, and for me he must go he is so out of his depth, but you have to also look a all 4 of those key positions. I do not believe those 4 people would not be on any other Championship clubs blue print for success. It is also worth mentioning that in recent years it has been shown that some of our better periods have been with experienced managers, GJ/SC and to an extent in terms of stopping a L1 return NP. Strong personalities all 3 of them. As there is no other leadership at the club, those people have had to fill a void. Removing NP, and at the same time all of his key team members was reckless and demonstrated a complete lack of understanding of what elements are required to create success. That did not happen at Brentford, Luton or Brighton. They all evolved along a similar path.

Manning has to go, the club is spiralling in one direction. But simply changing him for another young coach will risk the same outcome. 

Largely agree with you.

Though I'd wager Manning was on more Championship clubs potential shortlists for head coach than Tinnion was for DoF or Jon Lansdown as Chairman. 

• Like 19

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'm certainly not going to ask for details and especially on an Open Forum, but from what you were told would you say..

A) The sacking fair?

B) Without the alleged ruck or whatever it was, would GJ have been sacked certainly at that point. 

Check your messages

• Thanks 1

So the general consensus is if we lose the next two then Manning is gone. What I'm concerned about is this doesn't mean a restructure above, we can't have a hierarchy of those unqualified learning on the job. It's imperative to recruit experienced heads in the positions of DoF and CEO. If this does not happen then we will be no further. 

18 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Think it's quite telling Gary and the presenter have opined they're very sure that Manning will be here next season, whereas James hasn't made any such commitment, and instead has talked about things "spiralling" and the situation being "overwhelming".

I think if we don't get anything  from Leicester and Plymouth then Manning is gone. 

My feeling too. I don't think it's coincidence that SL has been back in town for last 2 games. I think he might have been gone if we had lost to Swansea and if we get a hammering v Leicester.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Largely agree with you.

Though I'd wager Manning was on more Championship clubs potential shortlists for head coach than Tinnion was for DoF or Jon Lansdown as Chairman. 

You are right, you would  think he would have interested Swansea. Though I think clubs are now having to re-evaluate the criteria for finding a young coach and be a lot more discerning about what experiences they have had, who they have worked with and if they have achieved any promotions in the past. Milwall quickly saw their error, Plymouth are paying for theirs and ours has not turned out so well. Being young is hardly a qualification. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I'm a fan of Piercy , his recent article was very good , Owers is always sensible and interesting . But I have to give credit to the presenter, that was the best show for some time, definitely since JT left. 

I'd love them to do this sort of thing once a month or so. 

• Like 7

On 17/03/2024 at 14:31, Davefevs said:

Nah, no invite in the in-tray this time.  I think they know my opinion, and the listener(s) do too.  I was only on 2 weeks ago.

Will be interesting what fans they do get on.

Ellie Jones is quite fiery, she’d be good to listen to tomorrow evening.

I hope Wilkins isn’t on though.

Get Wilkins, our undisputed most intelligent and insightful fan, on every single week! 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yeah, he's bound to have more of a neutral view. In fairness, he did call out the clubs porkies on why Nige was sacked, which could land him in some hot water. So fair play to him. 

They've brought it on themselves be more professional and they won't be called out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Absolutely. Sadly there is unlikely to be any improvement on that front in the near future though. 

This is my big concern. They will be thinking "get rid of Liam, the fans will get off our backs and it will all calm down a bit" as if that's the solution. Liam Manning is the symptom not the cause.

• Like 6
  • Flames 2

While I worry Manning is not up to the job, if we don’t have a full shake up ( Tinnion and JL **** off too) and SL employs the right people we will just be in the same position next year. 

I was a Pearson fan, but take no pleasure in seing someone struggle so much like Manning is. It is actually quite sad. 
I feel completely lost following this club. I have for quite some time. I was furious after the Johnson debacle and Holden appointment. I was just getting over that with Pearson here and now we are back to square one.

Just one big mess. 

Edited by Jose
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 3