IGNORED

Sound of the city

Bowlegchicken

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

Dean Holden 

DH wasn’t SLs appointment- that was down to Ashton and Junior. Holden was a ridiculously stupid appointment who was sacked because City were flirting with the drop zone. It was a worrying time.

SL then appointed Nige who saved us despite inheriting an unfit and leaderless squad. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Malago said:

The crux of the problem is Jon Lansdown.  Nepotism never works.  Lansdown senior needs to get his son out of there, appoint a top of the range CEO and let him run the club unfettered, including the appointment of an experienced Head of Football and possibly a new Head Coach, although I’d give Manning the benefit of the doubt with professional people around to support him.

Least to blame - most to blame

Manning, Tinnion, JL, SL.

Buck stops right at the top.

Has become less and less interested, doesn't even believe in his own Premier League "dream" any longer, becoming more and more pissed off by the fans

Really needs to go or this club is only gonna go one way.

Careful what you wish for?

Well who was it said this great bit of truth

"Ships in harbour are safe, but it's not what they were built for"

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I find that hard to believe Dave. SL gives managers time as his support for LJ tells us. 

Rubbish. If he doesn't win a game in those 8 and we miss relegation by a point or 3, he's gone. All this shit about 'process' and 'emotions'.......study the opposition, then go out and beat them. End of.

• Like 4
  • Hmmm 1

6 minutes ago, Malago said:

The crux of the problem is Jon Lansdown.  Nepotism never works.  Lansdown senior needs to get his son out of there, appoint a top of the range CEO and let him run the club unfettered, including the appointment of an experienced Head of Football and possibly a new Head Coach, although I’d give Manning the benefit of the doubt with professional people around to support him.

20 years + and still waiting....

Sell up and **** off.

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

I did not hear the earlier comment on the show where someone, the chap Gay it seems, said that Manning has 8 games to save the show. What does that mean? Does he have to win some games? Play well, so performances? Get a certain number of points?

Also, based on what I read here, that person is being fed information directly, allegedly, from Tinnion. If that is the case, then Tinnion needs cautioning,  as that sort of information is far too sensitive and important to be divulging outside of the club management circles. That undermines Manning further (and I am someone who wants him gone) and is unprofessional. What if the players get to hear that? 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, RollsRoyce said:

I did not hear the earlier comment on the show where someone, the chap Gay it seems, said that Manning has 8 games to save the show. What does that mean? Does he have to win some games? Play well, so performances? Get a certain number of points?

Also, based on what I read here, that person is being fed information directly, allegedly, from Tinnion. If that is the case, then Tinnion needs cautioning,  as that sort of information is far too sensitive and important to be divulging outside of the club management circles. That undermines Manning further (and I am someone who wants him gone) and is unprofessional. What if the players get to hear that? 

Nothing new from tinnion to have the run of the mouth is it. 

Just listened to it, what a fantastic episode this evening. 

Piercy and Owers were brilliant and the presenter did well too TBF. Owers and Piercy just oozed credibility throughout and created superb, insightful, honest debate. 

The best SOTC since GT. 

Based on what I heard Manning really hasn’t got long left if things stay as they are. 

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, One Team said:

Just listened to it, what a fantastic episode this evening. 

Piercy and Owers were brilliant and the presenter did well too TBF. Owers and Piercy just oozed credibility throughout and created superb, insightful, honest debate. 

The best SOTC since GT. 

Based on what I heard Manning really hasn’t got long left if things stay as they are. 

It was and that's what's needed none of this tippy tappy everything is Rosey at Bristol city in fact it brings out the truth of what's gone on. About time proper discussion started last week with tinnion and his interview.

Edited by Street red
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

According to the hierarchy at AG it was soon realised that there wasn’t actually anything for Alexander to do - Junior had taken on the role.

That sums up the issue though - no value put on leadership and communication. Hence the car crash communication re Pearson’s dismissal which in turn makes Manning’s job more difficult. 

14 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

Yeah, and it's getting in the way of the players playing, and the coach coaching. And the coach referred to "negativity" himself. Implication seems clear.

Reading it the wrong way. They’re not saying it’s our fault . The atmosphere is like it because it’s been created by the clubs decisions 

• Like 6
  • Flames 3

53 minutes ago, RollsRoyce said:

I wouldn't read too much into Ian Gay being ITK. The Tinnion link is what Ian would want you to believe.😂

He contributes to the FBC podcast and his most recent views are simply voiced to be controversial and let's not talk about his tweets on X🙄

It's quite comical that any respect he held from the fanbase continues to fade. Even BBC Radio Bristol are selecting others for post match supporters feedback, which tells you that 'Ian's Views' are becoming fastly outdated in 2024, with little factual content. Ask Fevs 😂

However, I still enjoy listening to Mr Gay though as all fans should be allowed to put forward their opinion.

Tonight's SOTC was brilliant. I sit in the same press area as GO and JP for 1st team fixtures and I always sit next to Piercey at U21 games and we pick the bones out of the talent coming through (not always in agreement though😂). James is a top journalist and incredibly invested in what he does. Naturally he has become emotionally attached to our club which comes with the job. I won't divulge who he supports from his childhood but don't worry it's not the Gas.

A great listen. Keep up the good work BBC Radio Bristol.

Edited by Tomo
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Utter nonsense. Holden was an SL appointment all day long. 

Next you'll be telling us Ashton wanted to appoint LJ too.

If you remember after LJ was sacked it took Junior and Ashton literally weeks and weeks so-say doing interviews before appointing Dean Holden from in-house. SL obviously trusted them and had very little involvement.

As soon as DH was sacked SL got involved and appointed Nige on a short contract within 48 hrs.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Malago said:

Totally agree. He is the problem behind every single thing wrong at the moment with City. 

I've heard things about how dictatorial he is about the smallest things the club does. Steve has allowed him to have too much power.

He's like a child, to me.

7 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Totally agree. He is the problem behind every single thing wrong at the moment with City. 

I've heard things about how dictatorial he is about the smallest things the club does. Steve has allowed him to have too much power.

He's like a child, to me.

Disagree. The recent events have had a similar theme pretty much throughout SL's tenure. Daddy is pulling the strings. JL is just his puppet

2 hours ago, glynriley said:

Owers comes across just like a city fan. Pretty sure he’s got Manning pegged as a bluffer as well. 

Yep. If you work in and around football for a long time like Owers has then you learn how to spot bullshit and bluff a mile off.

Twentyman was brilliant at it (see his interviews with Ashton).

44 minutes ago, Robbored said:

If you remember after LJ was sacked it took Junior and Ashton literally weeks and weeks so-say doing interviews before appointing Dean Holden from in-house. SL obviously trusted them and had very little involvement.

As soon as DH was sacked SL got involved and appointed Nige on a short contract within 48 hrs.

SL trusts no one. You only survive if you do what you're told

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Superjack said:

And yet he trusts his son and Brian ****ing Tinnion. 

Moron. 

Sell up and **** off.

I don't even think he trusts them Super. At the end of the day he wouldn't sign anything off if he didn't agree. BT will just protect his position and JL won't upset Daddy as he'd have to get a real job! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAWS said:

I don't even think he trusts them Super. At the end of the day he wouldn't sign anything off if he didn't agree. BT will just protect his position and JL won't upset Daddy as he'd have to get a real job! 

Well. He signed off sacking Pearson. 

So, I repeat...

...moron. 

Sell up and **** off.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

What concerns me greatly is that we are setting up to not get beat and Manning admiting we're doing that because the players are massively lacking in confidence. 

Putting aside the fact I think he's the reason for them lacking confidence, he's setting us up to not get beat in order to protect his job. Something about that does not sit comfortably with me. Despite what he thinks, we are not Liam Manning FC, we are Bristol City FC and he's not acting in the best interests of Bristol City.

He's acting in his own best interests and I don't like that. He's trying to do just enough to keep him in a job where he'll then get the summer. Basically trying to buy himself time. 

Trying to blame it on the atmosphere around the club is pathetic. Just another example of him being teflon. 

Yes people are still pretty pissed off about what happened in October but he needs to take responsible for what has happened since he came in. 

As he is a guy that focuses on behaviours i'm gonna call his own behaviours out. He came in with a sledge hammer. His attitude was astounding. He basically came in here and said "I'm here now, forget everything that has happened before I came in, it's now my way" 

Had he came in here am evolved us and therefore delivered results then people wouldn't be pissed off like they now are. 

He made very little effort to connect with the fanbase. He had zero insight and understanding into how the fanbase was feeling and quite frankly it comes across as he doesn't give a crap about the fans, it's all about Liam Manning and his behaviours and plans. 

Trying to blame the fans and our emotions on the players not performing is an incredible accusation. Yes the atmosphere is not healthy but he needs to realise he's contributed to that massively by setting us up to play a style that doesn't suit us. 

He's blamed the players, blamed the fans but refuses to take any blame. The players and the fans are not responsible for him refusing to make in game changes. That's all on him and the two guys he brought in with him. 

How I've not used 100s of swear words in this post I don't know. Manning would be proud that I've controlled my emotions. 

Him trying to say we are doing better this season with a lesser squad under him is pathetic. 

Last season we finished 10 points off the play offs. This season with 8 games to go we are 14 points off the play offs. That's not bloody doing better! 

His time is up here. He's never going to be able to turn this around and get the fans on board. He's done here. Time for him to go back to academy coaching. 

• Like 10
  • Flames 4

JP summed it up perfectly "there seems to be this pain threshold that is just being stretched and stretched and stretched and stretched and it's just an awful experience for the fans, for the team, for the staff, for us, for everyone at the club. It's just a horrible environment to exist in at the moment and at one point it has to end"

For him to say that, with his access to the club, is incredibly damning. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

I wouldn't read too much into Ian Gay being ITK. The Tinnion link is what Ian would want you to believe.

Tomo, for once I disagree.  Back at the end of the transfer window I was on the pod, and we were all chatting before going on air.  He said things then that you’d only know if you were getting fed from the inside.

This wasn’t a tit-bit from the guy on the gate, this was too detailed.  It was nothing like the stuff he’d spouted in the past.  It wasn’t repeating stuff from the Post or from one of those Transfer Centre Twitter accounts and claiming as his own.

• Flames 1

• Admin
2 hours ago, RollsRoyce said:

Last week we had Tins directly on the show. This week we had his Pro Procurationem. Both revealing commercially sensitive information. This club 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Like 2

I enjoyed it but I think there was stuff that was plain wrong!

We all must know we were sold a pup on the basis of Pearson’s sacking. But the inference that his leg issue was an overwhelming reason is just plain propaganda wrapped up in excuses for this idiocy. 

• Like 4