IGNORED

What you gonna do?

ENOUGH

33 minutes ago, tin said:

I’m out of likes but that is an excellent post and I couldn’t agree more. Plenty of people talk about it “getting toxic” but it rarely does and that needs to change IMO.

Thought the reaction at the end today was a small sign tbh, at the Dolman/South End. It could get toxic.

Been going since 1967 & season ticket holder for more than 30 years & the current performances are some of the most dull, boring & turgid I’ve ever seen. It’s about excitement & goals & we deliver neither. I’m done until there’s change at the top

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, fisherrich said:

You’ve been conned by the Lansdowns.

How so? I don't go to support the Lansdowns, i supported before they arrived and will support after they have gone. But at the moment I don't enjoy going to AG to watch that drivel so I'm not going to go for a while

15 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Thought the reaction at the end today was a small sign tbh, at the Dolman/South End. It could get toxic.

Not aimed at you but I’m bored of people saying “it could get toxic” 

It won’t.  Some pockets might be mildly vocal then flounce off to the concourse for a mediocre pint in a plastic pot. 

Im not sure the matchday crowd has it in them to be toxic.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Robbored said:

No point if you’re a SC holders - the club have your money already.

That's not entirely true, empty seats make a visible impact. I'm a season ticket holder and haven't been going for a while. Not a protest, haven't even got better things to do necessarily. Just can't be bothered . 

2 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Not aimed at you but I’m bored of people saying “it could get toxic” 

It won’t.  Some pockets might be mildly vocal then flounce off to the concourse for a mediocre pint in a plastic pot. 

Im not sure the matchday crowd has it in them to be toxic.  

Depends if the reaction at the end today was a one off, last straw or something still to be determined.

It felt a bit different.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, reddoc said:

That's not entirely true, empty seats make a visible impact. I'm a season ticket holder and haven't been going for a while. Not a protest, haven't even got better things to do necessarily. Just can't be bothered . 

Going to AG is an important part of my lifestyle that’s been in place for several decades and I plan to carry on in the same fashion.

For as long as I’m able I’d never stop attending regardless of what level City are playing at.

• Like 4

What happened at the end? I saw the Dolman/South stand corners telling Joe Williams what they thought as he approached, and he put his hands up apologetically. I disappeared down the stairs after that but could hear more booing. Did it continue as more players came over?

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Going to AG is an important part of my lifestyle that’s been in place for several decades and I plan to carry on in the same fashion.

For as long as I’m able I’d never stop attending regardless of what level City are playing at.

Same here. Think the boys need our support more than ever. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I know that, You say it a lot. And that's great assuming you enjoy it. Guessing for you it's not really about the football.

1 minute ago, reddoc said:

I know that, You say it a lot. And that's great assuming you enjoy it. Guessing for you it's not really about the football.

I enjoy the matchday experience. Walking into AG, mingling with other like minded fans, chewing the cud and today that experience brought more enjoyment than the actual game.

9 minutes ago, reddoc said:

I think you’ll find that for many people it’s not just about the football. It’s everything connected to it. Being part of a crowd supporting the same thing. 
 If there’s more than the football that takes people to AG, it doesn’t make the football less important. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Dredd said:

What happened at the end? I saw the Dolman/South stand corners telling Joe Williams what they thought as he approached, and he put his hands up apologetically. I disappeared down the stairs after that but could hear more booing. Did it continue as more players came over?

No the others turned and left as the booing continued.

As for the toxic point I guess it depends on where you are in the ground and your perception of what that means. Where I was there was loads of booing, anti Lansdown chanting, fans arguing with each other and that leading to scuffles and punches thrown. 

Edited by One Team

3 hours ago, mason said:

Lots of talk and moans about our current situation, but what are you going to do?

Being fans, most will continue to attend/support/buy ST`s because thats what they feel they must do.

Moaning and groaning on here will be noticed by the press maybe and some BS employees but will be dismissed by them that matter as simply just that.

There has been other threads in the past re sheets/protests/walk outs ,obvious one would be to not buy ST`s and just go when you wanted to not easy choice for thousands with them and would effect clubs income.

So whats left, ride it out until SL gets an offer he cant refuse....hard choice again....its difficult but what are YOU going to do? something or nothing?

Not attend and I'd hope those who do moan follow suit next season. 

Haven't given the Lansdowns a penny of my money since NP was sacked, and won't ever again. 

No games, no merchandise, no Robins TV. Nothing. 

It's either that or old school protests. And that will never happen with our fanbase.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Superjack said:

Haven't given the Lansdowns a penny of my money since NP was sacked, and won't ever again. 

No games, no merchandise, no Robins TV. Nothing. 

It's either that or old school protests. And that will never happen with our fanbase.

Same

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

No point if you’re a SC holders - the club have your money already.

Not for next season they don’t and they’ll be asking us to renew soon and they can **** off as far as I’m concerned!!!

• Flames 1

My biggest concern is BT has stated previously they want a playing style throughout the club. Well if this is the style of football they want it is absolutely MILES away from what I consider watchable and entertaining. Seriously very worrying.

• Like 1

Just now, 2015 said:

My biggest concern is BT has stated previously they want a playing style throughout the club. Well if this is the style of football they want it is absolutely MILES away from what I consider watchable and entertaining. Seriously very worrying.

I wouldn’t pay it too much concern - we’ve heard this dream in various guises over the years.  It’s a unicorn. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, mason said:

Lots of talk and moans about our current situation, but what are you going to do?

Being fans, most will continue to attend/support/buy ST`s because thats what they feel they must do.

Moaning and groaning on here will be noticed by the press maybe and some BS employees but will be dismissed by them that matter as simply just that.

There has been other threads in the past re sheets/protests/walk outs ,obvious one would be to not buy ST`s and just go when you wanted to not easy choice for thousands with them and would effect clubs income.

So whats left, ride it out until SL gets an offer he cant refuse....hard choice again....its difficult but what are YOU going to do? something or nothing?

Don’t turn up or buy a season ticket, they won’t listen to anything you say if you are still paying the money.  Empty stadium will soon make them change their stubborn opinions on what’s best for our club. 

Edited by LoyalRed
  • Like 1
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, IAmNick said:

I'll still be there. I've seen crap down there before and no doubt will again.

It'll take more than this to put me off, I'll just sit there in a grump instead.

In the past there are usually a decent group of players I'm pretty sick of when we're playing awfully. I actually like most of this group a lot.

Stick with the manager then 

2 hours ago, spudski said:

Empty seats won't make any difference. They just look at the present day ST takings...thinking this will blow over

Disagree with this, the Lansdown do not want empty seats, buying season tickets means you are accepting this crap.  Better to stay away, that’s the only way change will happen.  Loss of revenue is the main push for change with these idiots. 

• Flames 1

Tell you what I'm doing. 

Going to away games.

Being a member of and working with the SC&T to try and get the Club to be more transparent about it's operations, finances, and governance. A futile battle sometimes, but it's a little bit of something.

Giving managers and players a fair chance.

3 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

Disagree with this, the Lansdown do not want empty seats, buying season tickets means you are accepting this crap.  Better to stay away, that’s the only way change will happen.  Loss of revenue is the main push for change with these idiots. 

That's the point I'm making. Lots of ST holders don't attend. Hence empty seats. But they are still paid for. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, spudski said:

That's the point I'm making. Lots of ST holders don't attend. Hence empty seats. But they are still paid for. 

I agree with your comment, supporting the team by attending right now is completely misguided. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

I agree with your comment, supporting the team by attending right now is completely misguided. 

Catch 22...I'd rather people attended and vocally showed their disapproval at the owners. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spudski said:

Catch 22...I'd rather people attended and vocally showed their disapproval at the owners. 

Difficult as JL is so thick that by attending he will think you are backing him.  Let’s face it, SL has pretty much retired now and JL isn’t going anywhere.  The Lansdowns don’t like to admit defeat so have always stuck longer than they should with managers, nothing will change by filling the stadium.