IGNORED

What you gonna do?

ENOUGH

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

And I think that bolded bit is the big deal. We know this lot will run through brick walls. We know we rooted out the bad apples. That’s one of the reasons we know when Liam deflects onto the players it’s totally wrong. Yes, they may think he’s a charlatan - and they’re not alone - but they are fundamentally an “honest” bunch. We know that - we’ve seen that. So the tactic of “it’s not me it’s them” and whining like a (quote) roosy-poo punk ass bitch won’t work.

I think it was their quality he shot a few bullets at Silv 

Basically suggesting flaws in learning or producing from his plan.

I thought it was a post match with Alarm Bells Sounding

Class 4g have wholly averaged grade B results in exams for the last 2 years

Since the new teacher arrived they’ve been trending B- to C 

The new teacher has explained this is because the students in 4g aren't clever enough to understand his teaching 

• Flames 3

Just now, DaveF said:

I've not renewed my RobinsTV subscription, can't justify £180 odd quid a year for dreadful football. Does that count as doing something? Probably not.

Fans have got to do what they have got to do....something or nothing thats it.

We each have our own probs/lives all different.

Just now, Sheltons Army said:

The new teacher has explained this is because the students in 4g aren't clever enough to understand his teaching 

Yeah, probably true. But to expand the analogy, it appears class 4G are now being asked to utilise an abacus (basic, but works at lower levels) as opposed to a calculator to complete those exams.

In essence, the tools given to students whose ability hasn’t changed has made them less likely to succeed.

• Haha 1

I just wish we were pro active in showing our disapproval at the ground like they often are abroad. 

Moaning on here, down the pub, with mates really doesn't make any difference. 

It may get picked up by the media, but any questions asked to those in charge or at Manning will be diluted. 

Empty seats won't make any difference. They just look at the present day ST takings...thinking this will blow over. 

Manning, JL, BT out banners,  disapproving voices, chants at ground needed imo. 

Supporting right now, is probably misguided...however much it goes against the grain. It needs hostility towards those for long term gain. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, Fuber said:

Someone hire a plane with a banner. That'll get BBC attention.

On a serious note - I'd love it if Section 82 all wore NP masks.

A family member works for a certain private jet company based in Bristol. That would certainly capture attention if one of SLs own planes flew over the Gate towing a sign. 

21 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I was a kid but loved those days in the fourth division with TC in charge . The club actually felt all in it together.  That’s a million miles away from the way I feel now . Can’t stand the lansdowns anymore 

Sparkle Yes GIF by hannahgraphix no likes left

15 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Yep, we might not be been a top 6 “class”, but we weren’t “bottom half” either.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

When the club went for our disabled fans 5 years ago, I handed my ST back and have not been to AG since. The club have treated fans very poorly for a long time. Sadly its taken bad football to make people angry. Don't renew, don't go.

As I have said before I had been going for over 40 years, every home game and about 15 aways a season, when SL said his "it's my club speech".

Haven't been since and won't until SL and his hangers on have gone. 

By then it will be difficult to return as I love the non league scene now where I know that my presence is appreciated.

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, IAmNick said:

I'll still be there. I've seen crap down there before and no doubt will again.

It'll take more than this to put me off, I'll just sit there in a grump instead.

In the past there are usually a decent group of players I'm pretty sick of when we're playing awfully. I actually like most of this group a lot.

Couldn’t agree more. There are really only 1 or 2 that I don’t rate. I do believe there are some really good players.  We’ve been through a lot with most of this group. 
 So not renewing or not attending doesn’t sit well with me and it’s up to everyone to do what feels right for them. 

I will be going to support the boys, not the manager or the owners. 

Well maybe that’s a bit hard on the manager. 

Edited by JP Hampton
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Mason - I’ve attended AG since I was 12. I actually saw John Atyeo play although I didn’t know who he was in those days. I was there when City were struggling in the fourth division with crowds as low as 5k. In fact I vaguely remember a gate of 3.5K at one game - so I’m not likely that I’ll throw my toys out my pram because of a few poor performances and results.

Missed Atyeo but watched most of A Dick`s boys games to reach the top div home and away, so I to have quite a lot of t shirts as well; this is not about winning/losing a few games and throwing toys out, I`ll be back when our current leaders are gone whatever div we are in..........if I am still alive then

• Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

And the signs of ‘damage’ are looking more widespread and far reaching than the current run if results

I’m particularly thinking of things like Players contentment , likely overhaul , and overall feel at the Club generally 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fuber said:

Someone hire a plane with a banner. That'll get BBC attention.

On a serious note - I'd love it if Section 82 all wore NP masks.

Wait for the Leicester game. If we are still this bad then, well you can guess, in a very rare sign of unity with the away fans, we will all be singing "There's only one Nigel Pearson" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, mason said:

Lots of talk and moans about our current situation, but what are you going to do?

Being fans, most will continue to attend/support/buy ST`s because thats what they feel they must do.

Moaning and groaning on here will be noticed by the press maybe and some BS employees but will be dismissed by them that matter as simply just that.

There has been other threads in the past re sheets/protests/walk outs ,obvious one would be to not buy ST`s and just go when you wanted to not easy choice for thousands with them and would effect clubs income.

So whats left, ride it out until SL gets an offer he cant refuse....hard choice again....its difficult but what are YOU going to do? something or nothing?

I wont go down for the remaining games nor renew my SC.

I will be in the minority which is why the Lansdowns continue to take the piss.

• Thanks 1
  • Flames 2

59 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Not for me it isn’t.

I’ve never stopped attending AG - although I was very tempted when GJ gave me brown trousers and the match against QPR and today unfortunately reminded me of those dreary days.

However I’m not going to stop attending just because City are having a run of poor results - been there, seen that and got the T shirt.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, spudski said:

I just wish we were pro active in showing our disapproval at the ground like they often are abroad. 

It may get picked up by the media, but any questions asked to those in charge or at Manning will be diluted. 

Empty seats won't make any difference. They just look at the present day ST takings...thinking this will blow over. 

Supporting right now, is probably misguided...however much it goes against the grain. It needs hostility towards those for long term gain. 

I’m out of likes but that is an excellent post and I couldn’t agree more. Plenty of people talk about it “getting toxic” but it rarely does and that needs to change IMO.

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Not for me it isn’t.

I’ve never stopped attending AG - although I was very tempted when GJ was serving up dull and turgid football every home game and the match against QPR and today unfortunately reminded me of those dreary days.

However I’m not going to stop attending just because City are having a run of poor results - been there, seen that and got the T shirt.

Was that the GJ that got this club to its highest league finishing position since the 1970's ? 

Not for me it isn’t.

I’ve never stopped attending AG - although I was very tempted when GJ was serving up dull and turgid football every home game and the match against QPR and today unfortunately reminded me of those dreary days.

Was that the GJ that got this club to its highest league finishing position since the 1970's ? 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, tin said:

I’m out of likes but that is an excellent post and I couldn’t agree more. Plenty of people talk about it “getting toxic” but it rarely does and that needs to change IMO.

Surely,  BT in particular is who ‘around’ , and out and about locally is almost certainly going to feel some heat or the current mood 

Going by their stuttering , blustering and BTs visible blood pressure , to the post NP sacking period I’m not sure they are going to feel very comfortable right at the present time.

Unforunately that resolves zilch

• Like 1

Maybe you do, but make sure you get the latest T shirt.

It has a picture of the Lansdowns, Tinnion and Manning with the words “Principles and behaviours were not their saviours - goodbye and good riddance!”

Not returning for the rest of the season and contemplating not renewing ST for 2024/25.

The football is among the worst i've seen at AG recently. It's become a chore. Better things to do with my Saturday

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

We are now.

I still can't believe we were talking about going to WBA after the game , shows it's not easy to just stop going.
I love my Saturday at football , and it's not just football it's City that I've followed for 50 + years , that's hard to give up , and that's what they rely on.  
Cardiff away, with 12 players out and an Academy CB at RB we were better than today. We may not have won those games against Boro and Southampton , but we would have lost the last 3 against very poor sides . 

Tinnion wont care , he's where he wanted to be , a powerful position. He failed the last time and it looks like he's failing this time. When will Lansdown learn , put the best qualified people in important positions , not sycophants and yes men.

39 minutes ago, spudski said:

I predicted recently that we’ll see “Manning out” banners if performances and results didn’t improve and they haven’t.

The banners would have to be visible from the Lansdown Stand to have an impact.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I predicted recently that we’ll see “Manning out” banners if performances and results didn’t improve and they haven’t.

The banners would have to be visible from the Lansdown Stand to have an impact.

In the ground and when they get off the coach. Also under the owners box.

Maybe we should throw crayons on the pitch and a dictionary. 

1 hour ago, mason said:

Its a tough choice, and I have been a long time over 50yrs with this my club and its hard as hell to walk away,

Yes another poor choice by our present leader has got us to where we are today.

We seem to be selling off our best players to cover their mistakes cant see that changing anytime soon either.

Same nearly 48 years of support I'm done