IGNORED

Forget the dressing room, he's lost the fans

harvey54

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Sacking Beale was arguably a correction of Error A.

See also Rowett to Harris (ironically Harris was replaced by Rowett in 2019) via Edwards and Eustace to Mowbray via Rooney.

Who knows maybe the board will give us a merry-go-round of coaches every 22 games if some posters get their way?

5 minutes ago, Travis said:

Why a hire em fire em is bad pity some fans want to get rid of Manning so fast.

Maybe the replacements were not very good so they admitted that and sacked the manager? Grass isn't always greener.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Travis said:

Who knows maybe the board will give us a merry-go-round of coaches every 22 games if some posters get their way?

Why not go and analyse their results, their regression and subsequent improvement and bounce.

I think Mowbray has now missed 3-4 games ie the last 3-4 owing to ill health..which needs factoring in.

What do you see that gives you hope that Manning will improve us  medium to long term?

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

In which case what was the point of making the change.

Why seek to fix a team that isn't broken?

Well yeah. What was the point in getting rid of Pearson?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Monkeh said:

Fans are fickle, they are easy to lose and win, win 10 on the trot a d most will be happy,

I wouldnt read too much into it at the moment 

adjective

changing frequently, especially as regards one's loyalties or affections

My loyalties and affections remain t'ward Bristol City, although yesterday most of my affection was showered on mummy, like half of us "mummy's boys" Bristol City fans (and unlike those motherless Scallies and Mancs, I note; plus all them Taffies at the egg chasing: no empty seats there) 

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

The guy who sits next to me and the guy behind me weren’t there yesterday.

I’d texted my mate 10mins before kick off that the attendance looked smaller than usual, making a guesstimate of 20k.

As others have said - the actual attendance was nowhere near the one announced.

It would be a good idea if ALL clubs stated the true attendance as well as the number of tickets sold for each match, I’m sure they know those figures, as well as knowing the STs that are never or rarely used.

Just to satisfy my curiosity.

9 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Football’s been crap for three months is the simple retort to that, what does the loon expect?

To be fair,the football has been(with the odd exception )crap for about 4-5 seasons.

11 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

To be fair,the football has been(with the odd exception )crap for about 4-5 seasons.

It has, can't argue, some justifiably and some not so justifiably. I would argue part of Manning's remit is to end that overly long cycle of poor quality football. You will always have poor games but it shouldn't be 4 poor games out of five. Forget Liam Manning, this is something that Bristol Sport have neglected and will pay the price for if they continue to neglect.

18 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

It would be a good idea if ALL clubs stated the true attendance as well as the number of tickets sold for each match, I’m sure they know those figures, as well as knowing the STs that are never or rarely used.

Just to satisfy my curiosity.

This SC and official attendance differences has come up before and many speculated that it’s probably something to do with tax - the larger the attendance the more club have to pay………..:dunno:

I have no idea why there is an obvious visual discrepancy in pretty much every game at AG but there obviously a reason.

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

This SC and official attendance differences has come up before and many speculated that it’s probably something to do with tax - the larger the attendance the more club have to pay………..:dunno:

I have no idea why there is an obvious visual discrepancy in pretty much every game at AG but there obviously a reason.

Before we worry about filling the ground, can we at least make an effort to fill the bench?

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

4 hours ago, Chairman Mao said:

If he has lost the fans than thats pretty pathetic. Christ we have an embarrassing support. The bloke has been here 3 minutes. Yes, he didn't arrive in ideal circumstances but he hasn't been given 20 games? We are Bristol City, not Barcelona. 

Maybe you should tell that to the owner.

8 hours ago, Monkeh said:

Fans are fickle, they are easy to lose and win, win 10 on the trot a d most will be happy,

I wouldnt read too much into it at the moment 

Disagree. Don't think the fan culture has been quite this bad since we've been back at this level, part of that is leadership, part of that is Manning.

We'll see with the ST renewals imo.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Robbored said:

The guy who sits next to me and the guy behind me weren’t there yesterday.

I’d texted my mate 10mins before kick off that the attendance looked smaller than usual, making a guesstimate of 20k.

As others have said - the actual attendance was nowhere near the one announced.

That's very kind.

Lansdown was about 40% if that, South Stand barely half full.

I'd say around 15k if that.

• Like 1

I can’t speak for anyone else - and we are all entitled to an opinion - but LM hasn’t lost me - yet. 
I can see signs of what he is trying to achieve - vs Watford, Southampton, West Ham, Forest and even Ipswich (though we lost). 
If we drop into the relegation zone then sure - gamble on another manager, but for now I’d stick with him.

I didn’t want Nige sacked - I was astonished when it was announced - but a Nigel Pearson team was very defensive and tried (often unsuccessfully)  to sit back in a 1 goal lead. 
One thing I find refreshing is that we still attack when a goal up. Ok, sometimes it doesn’t work, but I like the idea. 
I’m probably in the minority judging by some of the comments on here, but that’s how I feel. 
Also, you do know who would be in charge of appointing any successor, don’t you!!!

1 minute ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

but a Nigel Pearson team was very defensive and tried (often unsuccessfully)  to sit back in a 1 goal lead
One thing I find refreshing is that we still attack when a goal up. Ok, sometimes it doesn’t work, but I like the idea. 

Whereas LM likes to sit on a 0-0. 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I can’t speak for anyone else - and we are all entitled to an opinion - but LM hasn’t lost me - yet. 
I can see signs of what he is trying to achieve - vs Watford, Southampton, West Ham, Forest and even Ipswich (though we lost). 
If we drop into the relegation zone then sure - gamble on another manager, but for now I’d stick with him.

I didn’t want Nige sacked - I was astonished when it was announced - but a Nigel Pearson team was very defensive and tried (often unsuccessfully)  to sit back in a 1 goal lead. 
I’m probably in the minority judging by some of the comments on here, but that’s how I feel. 
Also, you do know who would be in charge of appointing any successor, don’t you!!!

That's pretty debatable.

I dunno if I recognise that description, we set out to be a pacy, counter attacking side and when it worked, when we had good availability thought it was enjoyable.

• Flames 2