IGNORED

Forget the dressing room, he's lost the fans

harvey54

1 hour ago, Capman said:

To be honest it’s the board who have lost me. If they sack Manning we will get another knee jerk appointment with no thought and vision. 
There is a lack of sensible ambition at the club and until that changes I struggle to care much one way or the other. I continue to think that with our current structure the next time we leave the championship is much more likely to be down than up. 
I have lost all faith in the decision making capabilities at the club to make the right decisions for the future. Decisions are made based on the need to massage the egos of a few, not in the interests of the thousands who spend their hard earned cash on match day. 

Tend to agree. No faith a different appointment would be any better

3 hours ago, WeAreThePigs said:

He has made changes today that have worked - I am far from convinced but a win is a win and stops the downward momentum.

What did he really change though? 3 of the subs were obvious and could have probably been called before the game kicked off.

Pring for Roberts, yep we know Pring struggled Tuesday and still isn't fully 90 mins fit

Sykes for Cornick, straight forward - right winger replaces player playing on the right wing

Wells for Conway - striker replaces striker

None of it is genius is it? Half the fan base could have made those changes. Many would argue that at least one of them should have been starting.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

What did he really change though? 3 of the subs were obvious and could have probably been called before the game kicked off.

Pring for Roberts, yep we know Pring struggled Tuesday and still isn't fully 90 mins fit

Sykes for Cornick, straight forward - right winger replaces player playing on the right wing

Wells for Conway - striker replaces striker

None of it is genius is it? Half the fan base could have made those changes. Many would argue that at least one of them should have been starting.

Yep. Totally predictable substitutions. It’s football management by numbers. 

And I wonder why the atmosphere was so negative? Could it be that the football is awful and the results have been bad? After 4 straight defeats and that first half, I challenge anyone to have been positive, even the happiest and clappiest of happy clappers!

• Like 3

• Admin
1 hour ago, Waffleflap said:

He's just so bloody boring to listen to. Like a talking text book. I would honestly fall asleep at his meetings. He got no va va voom. Like watching gravy solidify 

I've heard he's off to Celtic

... rumoured interest from Turf Moor too

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

How did Twine play today ? 

On his phone games?

No idea.

Just now, Loosey Boy said:

Get him fit and he’s decent at this level…..

We sacked the medical bloke that could have.

25 minutes ago, phantom said:

... rumoured interest from Turf Moor too

Conway? Clearly hasn’t been right since his mate left. The big signing on fee and increase in wages for Scott has probally got him thinking “I want a piece of that”

Difference is Conway is no where near as ready as Scott was 

Can see him moving to a top end Championship club in the summer 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

Conway? Clearly hasn’t been right since his mate left. The big signing on fee and increase in wages for Scott has probally got him thinking “I want a piece of that”

Difference is Conway is no where near as ready as Scott was 

Can see him moving to a top end Championship club in the summer 

For me Conway has fallen off a cliff.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, harvey54 said:

I haven't seen a manager getting pelters like this after so short a time since S'Od and his brief tenure here. Surely the owner/chairman can't let this go on much longer? People are starting to stay away and that must say more than anything. 

Even if we scraped a win today I don't think Manning will win anyone over. 

Dead man walking 

To be fair, no manager in Bristol City's history has been handed such a poisoned chalice (i.e. being brought in following an unpopular sacking). That's amplified his shortcomings massively.

And to be fair, many people would've stayed away today due to it being a lunchtime kickoff on Mother's Day.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

To be fair, no manager in Bristol City's history has been handed such a poisoned chalice (i.e. being brought in following an unpopular sacking). That's amplified his shortcomings massively.

And to be fair, many people would've stayed away today due to it being a lunchtime kickoff on Mother's Day.

100% (what I would say is if we were in say 7th going into the game many of the stay-aways would have found a way). If they stay away from Huddersfield, Blackburn and Rotherham it will be because they can't be arsed to attend......

• Like 6

I think it said it all when I actually forgot that we were winning. Yes better second half, but the problem is better, is still really poor. 

I think we saw JW suddenly wake up in the second half and that passion of his came to the fore, but really all felt like they were going through the motions. It actually makes me feel quite sorry for the players, it’s like they’re wearing lead boots. 

Dickie the best of them today and Joe in the second half and thank goodness they couldn’t make anything of their chances.  Where are the boys who ran through walls?

Perhaps an overreaction but at times he speaks about fans as though a ‘them and us’ culture.

We don’t turn up for free and today’s attendance speaks for itself. It was embarrassing 

Albeit since Richard Gould left the club have got fan engagement badly wrong from the farcical meet the players pre season to missed opportunities to involve us whether simple things like pre match music/entertainment to the club shop and more

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ashton Fete said:

Perhaps an overreaction but at times he speaks about fans as though a ‘them and us’ culture.

We don’t turn up for free and today’s attendance speaks for itself. It was embarrassing 

Albeit since Richard Gould left the club have got fan engagement badly wrong from the farcical meet the players pre season to missed opportunities to involve us whether simple things like pre match music/entertainment to the club shop and more

Richard Goulds departure does seem to align with this fan engagement point you make actually… club felt much move connected back that but know there could be a bunch of other factors. 

personally I’m just baffled as I swear there was a spell when manning got us sprinting after everything… neat passing… exciting football. And now it seems that’s what we lack 😂

Would just love to see City in the top flight once in my lifetime… back on the merry go round for now tho!! 🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

For me Conway has fallen off a cliff.

Imagine hearing in the press conference after Manning’s first game that the new head-coach was gonna work on getting players in behind to feed crosses / pull-backs for you, then find out he’s more interested in working on you defensive / blocking game.

I feel for Tommy.

• Like 13

“We were never going to stop the rot with a free flowing 3/4-0 win” is a slightly odd one, considering that is quite literally how we were away at Boro (should’ve been 3 up at ht) after 6 without a win, followed up by the Saints game that’ll probably be brought up every week until the end of the year. 

Unless he is making out that we don’t support them enough at home, and he thinks we harm his ‘plans’? He basically says as much by his obvious temptation to say “support was crap in the first half” 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, petehinton said:

“We were never going to stop the rot with a free flowing 3/4-0 win” is a slightly odd one, considering that is quite literally how we were away at Boro (should’ve been 3 up at ht) after 6 without a win, followed up by the Saints game that’ll probably be brought up every week until the end of the year. 

Unless he is making out that we don’t support them enough at home, and he thinks we harm his ‘plans’? He basically says as much by his obvious temptation to say “support was crap in the first half” 

Football’s been crap for three months is the simple retort to that, what does the loon expect?

• Like 1

Let me just leave that there........

This is what Mannning said 4 months ago.

In the space of four months, he has far from delivered on this, he has done the polar opposite. 

I'm normally quite a patient person and think every manager should be given time, but I've seen enough of this rubbish! I've zero interest in watching us at present, it's so dull and I would get more enjoyment out of watching a leaf blowing around the garden. 

manning.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Imagine hearing in the press conference after Manning’s first game that the new head-coach was gonna work on getting players in behind to feed crosses / pull-backs for you, then find out he’s more interested in working on you defensive / blocking game.

I feel for Tommy.

Tommy will stick his middle finger up to Manning, get his move and his pay rise. That's what will happen. It just won't be as big a move as he would have wanted, Liam has stunted his career in the short term and he's a shadow of the player who was banging in goals for Nige. The problem is where are the next batch of Academy lads coming from because Sam Bell excepted, the current manager doesn't seem interested one iota. I think that will be his undoing in the end, Steve will be wondering wtf happened to the nest egg at some point, that is club stated policy to develop and make money from Youth............how our Tekkers Director squares that off with what he's allowing to happen is anyone's guess.

I do wonder why Steve suddenly turned up yesterday and whether the win gave Manning a stay of execution? Had that game ended up a 1-0 Jacks win, a 50/50 coin toss and one mistake away in such a poor quality game tbh, he might be out of a job this morning. Seems odd for Steve to randomly turn up like that.

• Like 7

12 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

Also kids football. Kick off time couldn't have been worse. Games tend to either be 10 30am or 2pm.

6 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Tommy will stick his middle finger up to Manning, get his move and his pay rise. That's what will happen. It just won't be as big a move as he would have wanted, Liam has stunted his career in the short term and he's a shadow of the player who was banging in goals for Nige. The problem is where are the next batch of Academy lads coming from because Sam Bell excepted, the current manager doesn't seem interested one iota. I think that will be his undoing in the end, Steve will be wondering wtf happened to the nest egg at some point, that is club stated policy to develop and make money from Youth............how our Tekkers Director squares that off with what he's allowing to happen is anyone's guess.

I do wonder why Steve suddenly turned up yesterday and whether the win gave Manning a stay of execution? Had that game ended up a 1-0 Jacks win, a 50/50 coin toss and one mistake away in such a poor quality game tbh, he might be out of a job this morning. Seems odd for Steve to randomly turn up like that.

Agree with pretty much all of this. One of the oddities about Liam from the start has been that although he has an academy background he hasn’t brought academy players through anywhere (noting doing so is dependent on ability) - and I think you’re spot on in your thinking that if he doesn’t change that it’s against the club ethos and makes the appointment - particularly with a turgid first team - curiouser and curiouser.

The one bit I do slightly disagree with is that his job was on the toss of a coin yesterday. I do agree SL turning up was a bit random, but he’ll have seen the empty ground and the reaction both during and post match (including here). It’s a case of a win not necessarily papering over cracks, but putting the coach under more pressure because the fanbase reaction is not just “great we won” but “great we won but by god that was awful”. Similarly to if Pep lost one game it wouldn’t be cause for the sack, Liam winning one game shouldn’t move the dial - particularly in the manner those who watched it say it was achieved in.

I think he’s under big, and possibly increased pressure with the things outside the result yesterday.

• Like 1