IGNORED

Forget the dressing room, he's lost the fans

harvey54

1 hour ago, WeAreThePigs said:

He has made changes today that have worked - I am far from convinced but a win is a win and stops the downward momentum.

The problem is he is completely dependent on player performance in those changes. He's luckily Sykes and Roberts have come on and been better than the players replaced. And i only say this because I don't remember a tactical in game change he's made bar QPR where we ending up with 6 forwards on and nobody creating. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, harvey54 said:

I haven't seen a manager getting pelters like this after so short a time since S'Od and his brief tenure here. Surely the owner/chairman can't let this go on much longer? People are starting to stay away and that must say more than anything. 

Even if we scraped a win today I don't think Manning will win anyone over. 

Dead man walking 

SOD really only got stick in League One after our relegation, which most thought was fairly inevitable with the situation he inherited, so later on in his time.

Large numbers can see Manning is making us worse & the football is turgid to have to endure.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Dredd said:

I don't remember a tactical in game change he's made bar QPR where we ending up with 6 forwards on and nobody creating. 

Ah, 6 forwards. The antic (as the esteemed Ian Gay might say) of the damned.

25 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

SOD really only got stick in League One after our relegation, which most thought was fairly inevitable with the situation he inherited, so later on in his time.

Large numbers can see Manning is making us worse & the football is turgid to have to endure.

That's one of the things that really frustrates.

We were told we were going to get front foot, aggressive football.

We haven't seen it. 

We have also seen a less than full bench on occasions. Why not invite promising prospects for the U18s who did so well against Swindon to experience a 1st team preparation? 

Any results are papering over some massive gaps.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

Completely agree, the football today was once again awful, and I am sorry Liam, it’s down to you, he keeps on about “always improving” but put simply, we aren’t, a boring nil nil draw would have been a fair result today..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

That's one of the things that really frustrates.

We were told we were going to get front foot, aggressive football.

We haven't seen it. 

We have also seen a less than full bench on occasions. Why not invite promising prospects for the U18s who did so well against Swindon to experience a 1st team preparation? 

Any results are papering over some massive gaps.

But it’s not about the results, it’s the”behaviours” that matter! 

• Haha 1

I’m pretty sure the attendance today was in no small part down to it being Sunday, early kick-off and Mother’s Day. Form doesn’t help but I bet we see a significantly busier Gate in our next homer.

• Like 4
  • Hmmm 2

Just now, BCFCGav said:

I’m pretty sure the attendance today was in no small part down to it being Sunday, early kick-off and Mother’s Day. Form doesn’t help but I bet we see a significantly busier Gate in our next homer.

We will. It’s the Blackburn, Huddersfield and Rotherham games that will tell us more.

• Like 2

Had two indirect pops at fans on Radio Bristol and the City interview… definitely losing a lot of the fan base. 

Attendance (albeit Mother’s Day) speaks for itself.

Win has well and truly papered over the cracks. Adamant Lansdown was at the game because he would have sent Manning packing if we’d lost.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, westred1 said:

Had two indirect pops at fans on Radio Bristol and the City interview… definitely losing a lot of the fan base. 

Win has well and truly papered over the cracks. Adamant Lansdown was at the game because he would have sent Manning packing if we’d lost.

Steve Lansdown was definitely there because I saw him at the beginning of the second half going to his seat.

Cracks definitely papered over with a win because the performance was mostly awful. And the atmosphere is getting more toxic because the fans watching know that it’s very poor and far worse than it was under Pearson. At least the players looked motivated then!

Edited by Dr Balls
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, DirtySanchez said:

Who’s next in charge then?

Big summer ahead - a big clear out - some players already signed. Think Conway will go north.

Won't be surprised to see Conway go, Pring to be sold and possibly one other (based purely on a rumour) to be sold.

He's just so bloody boring to listen to. Like a talking text book. I would honestly fall asleep at his meetings. He got no va va voom. Like watching gravy solidify 

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Won't be surprised to see Conway go, Pring to be sold and possibly one other (based purely on a rumour) to be sold.

I've heard he's off to Celtic

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, westred1 said:

Could you please elaborate what Manning said? Especially having a pop at fanbase. Thats very daring of him if so. 

17 minutes ago, The Coach said:

Could you please elaborate what Manning said? Especially having a pop at fanbase. Thats very daring of him if so. 

Referenced the negativity as if he couldn’t understand it and “despite all the… all the… all people’s energy” they didn’t have a shot in the first half… stopped himself being direct. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Who’s next in charge then?

Big summer ahead - a big clear out - some players already signed. Think Conway will go north.

Who could blame any player from wanting to get away from an imbecile like Manning. I cannot see many wanting to stay or indeed many wanting to come. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1