IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewal!

REDOXO

51 minutes ago, Superjack said:

As far as I am concerned, if you buy a season ticket, then you are facilitating the way that the club is being run. 

Crying outrage and then lining the pockets of the perpetrators just doesn't correlate for me. 

People who think that they have a greater right to complain because they are a season ticket holder, in this situation is in my opinion, bonkers.

They are basically turkeys voting for Christmas.

It's their perogative, though.

Edit: Not necessarily referring to you, as I don't know your opinion of the situation.

👌👍

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, JP Hampton said:

I did say that renewing has lots of other elements around it, who you’re sitting with for one, which you can’t guarantee when you POTD. 

Completely understand this point.

But just occasionally, thus being one such time, I think there's things bigger and more important than that.

Each to their own. I genuinely admire your ability to sit through such dross.

• Flames 2

6 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

But just occasionally, thus being one such time, I think there's things bigger and more important than that.

Look. You don’t know my reasons for going to football and for renewing, just as I don’t know yours for deciding not to.
 Calling people out for a decision that is completely an individual’s own, isn’t on. I’m not criticising you for your decision, I respect that’s the decision you’ve come to and I’m not going to use sarcastic comments to challenge that decision. 
 I’m not sure why it would bother you enough as to what I’m doing, to comment. 
 Neither you nor I know what we’re going to get next season. 

Edited by JP Hampton
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, JP Hampton said:

Look. You don’t know my reasons for going to football and for renewing, just as I don’t know yours for deciding not to.
 Calling people out for a decision that is completely an individual’s own, isn’t on. I’m not criticising you for your decision, I respect that’s the decision you’ve come to and I’m not going to use sarcastic comments to challenge that decision. 
 I’m not sure why it would bother you enough as to what I’m doing, to comment. 
 Neither you nor I know what we’re going to get next season. 

I'm not "calling you out". I haven't said you're wrong to renew. Why so touchy?

I've pointed out it's entirely possible to watch us in person, even for every home game, without needing to buy a season ticket and that, very occasionally, this being one such time, it's a good idea to hurt the Suits in the only way they understand - in the pocket. If you're unhappy with the current state of affairs, of course. That is all.

Nothing personal intended. Why on earth would there be?

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Flames 2

14 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

I'm not "calling you out". I haven't said you're wrong to renew. Why so touchy?

I've pointed out it's entirely possible to watch us in person, even for every home game, without needing to buy a season ticket and that  very occasionally, this being one such time, it's a good idea to hurt the Suits in the only way they understand - in the pocket. If you're unhappy with the current state of affairs, of course. That is all.

Nothing personal intended. Why on earth would there be?

Not touchy, but I’m not paying POTD for every game. 
  Yes, I am unhappy with the current state of affairs but for myself, actually I think it’s the players that will feel the effects of fans responses well before the club do. 

Just now, JP Hampton said:

Yes, I am unhappy with the current state of affairs but for myself, actually I think it’s the players that will feel the effects of fans responses well before the club do. 

If the players feel it then the club will to by results,Fair play to you if you renew and that's entirely your decision but we should all remember it's our club as well not just Mr Lansdowns. I'm not renewing because both me and my son feel it's the best way our own little way of saying we are not happy in fact angry, I'm not investing my money to those making bad decisions.

• Like 2

Just now, JP Hampton said:

So cost is the issue.

Fair enough.

46 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Can't tell you the amount of times sat there this season where I've daydreamt about sitting in the City bar for the second half.

Edited by Yozzarian
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

"As we embark on our journey towards the Premier League, the unwavering support of our fans is paramount. Renewing season tickets not only fuels our ambitions but unites us as a club, forging a collective spirit essential for success on and off the pitch." - Liam Manning, Bristol City Head Coach

Please tell me that is GPTChat or some other AI, because that's an 11 on the clueless scale.

14 minutes ago, mason said:

No sorry dont think so, they will get paid whatever and will leave in a milli second if given a chance; the players and the others are just passing through, most werent even born when I first strolled into the Eastend

They’re not robots. You think booing doesn’t affect them then? 
of course it’s transitory they’re passing through, but I can’t believe their experiences in life just like ours, don’t affect them. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

So cost is the issue.

Fair enough.

No, not specifically. But it’s stupid to pay more than necessary. I’m buying an ST for many reasons. 

18 minutes ago, Street red said:

If the players feel it then the club will to by results,Fair play to you if you renew and that's entirely your decision but we should all remember it's our club as well not just Mr Lansdowns. I'm not renewing because both me and my son feel it's the best way our own little way of saying we are not happy in fact angry, I'm not investing my money to those making bad decisions.

Good on you. 

1 minute ago, JP Hampton said:

They’re not robots. You think booing doesn’t affect them then? 
of course it’s transitory they’re passing through, but I can’t believe their experiences in life just like ours, don’t affect them. 

Being forced to play in such a negative and passive way might hurt more.

I reckon Joe Williams was so peed off HT Swans game because he felt like he was being blamed for someone else's decisions on his gameplay.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Being forced to play in such a negative and passive way might hurt more.

I reckon Joe Williams was so peed off HT Swans game because he felt like he was being blamed for someone else's decisions on his gameplay.

Couldn’t agree more. 

Having Tinnion front and centre of the marketing is so cringeworthy bad a decision. 

Of all the ex City players thinking he should be on all the media sums up our comms strategy/team and his own arrogance. 

On a par with the pre season meet and greet the players at the ground.

Opening it up to all ST holders asking them to arrive at the same time through the same turnstile without having the common sense to ask people to ‘book’ so they could measure demand/stagger arrival times.

Whatever the ECB are paying Richard Gould we should beg him to come back and triple his wages!

The marketing, commercial, media and fan engagement has fallen apart since he left. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 3

Just now, mason said:

they are pro`s ......alledgedly, they play for money...the end.

The only thing that affects them is their salary. no doubt, not that players gone elsewhere are affected by their exp here but they get over it and get back to playing football and money very quickly.

Oh come on that’s so naive. You have no more idea than I do how they’re affected, or how easily they get over things. Each person/player will react differently. There are plenty of articles telling of the effects of abuse on players. 

In my working life I was a well paid professional but that didn’t mean I wasn’t affected by things. 

3 hours ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

"As we embark on our journey towards the Premier League, the unwavering support of our fans is paramount. Renewing season tickets not only fuels our ambitions but unites us as a club, forging a collective spirit essential for success on and off the pitch." - Liam Manning, Bristol City Head Coach

Sounds like Winston Churchill ffs.

We sold over 14k seasons tickets for this season.  I myself am not renewing and will pick a few games to pay on the day instead.  I’m not sure even if ticket sales plummeted that the board would be that concerned.  The increased Tv money will just about cover it and there confidence that we will be top six will give them the belief that they will fill the stadium with pay on the day and hence generate more match day revenue anyway.  Get a cup game like we did against Man Utd and everyone will be snapping up the half season tickets. Five points adrift at the bottom of the league in January and it’s a different story obviously. 🤣

12 hours ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

"As we embark on our journey towards the Premier League, VIA LEAGUE ONE the unwavering support of our fans is paramount. Renewing season tickets not only fuels our ambitions but unites us as a club, forging a collective spirit essential for success on and off the pitch." - Liam Manning, Bristol City Head Coach

Sorry, he forgot a bit....

• Haha 1