IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewal!

REDOXO

2 minutes ago, Topper 123 said:

So the activists who are not renewing season tickets-is it because of increase in pricing , which by the way falls in line with most other increases in the football league  or

is it because team ( by the way is still NP team )is not performing above average  or 

the new manager ( young manager ) is trying to implement a different style but is failing , maybe needs funding for summer transfer window  or 

we’re continually blaming owners who have made a few mistakes ( that happens ) but has invested heavily and without that investment our ground would be behind our neighbours up north Bristol or our academy which has saved us due to millions of £ of transfer returns , where do you find owners like this again , also who’s hands are tied by FFP ruling  NO these activists or should I call them sheep are entitled to their own opinion as are we all but I bet it’s the same ones that will come running back if we have a good season, the faithful 12000 or so who turn up EVERY game will still be there so their actions make no difference in fact  I prefer when the whingers are absent 

Try actual sentences if you want people to make sense of your horrendous opinions.

• Like 13
  • Confused 1
  • Flames 2

• Admin
21 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Splat is provably an image derived from a copyrighted photo and would need to be duly licenced.

We must be professsional enough to ensure licencing is correctly in place, mustn't we?

And Shutterstock (or whoever the rights holder is) is probably continually scraping t'internet for unlicensed images, aren't they?

15 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

It's clearly a mistake. I don't think JL would understand brand identity if someone metaphorically slapped him around the face with it.

I don't think anyone sees splat and thinks Bristol City.

But I suppose it does serve a purpose in highlighting where (or with whom) many of our problems lie.

From conversations since the SC&T have had with the club since "splat" appeared, they are more than aware that this was a massive mistake and from the tone of conversations I have heard there is no chance of it being seen on any future kit, and definitely won't be on any of our three kits next season

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, red panda said:

Any chance we could stop talking about "tourists"?  Some of us live hundreds of miles away from AG, don't attend many home games because of that and therefore don't have a season ticket (and often end up attending more away than home matches).  Others may have caring responsibilities, other regular commitments, or simply not able to afford a season ticket.  I know we're second class fans, and I genuflect every morning, but we're not tourists.  

You do what every morning? Never heard it called that before, but OK.

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, Topper 123 said:

So the activists who are not renewing season tickets-is it because of increase in pricing , which by the way falls in line with most other increases in the football league  or

is it because team ( by the way is still NP team )is not performing above average  or 

the new manager ( young manager ) is trying to implement a different style but is failing , maybe needs funding for summer transfer window  or 

we’re continually blaming owners who have made a few mistakes ( that happens ) but has invested heavily and without that investment our ground would be behind our neighbours up north Bristol or our academy which has saved us due to millions of £ of transfer returns , where do you find owners like this again , also who’s hands are tied by FFP ruling  NO these activists or should I call them sheep are entitled to their own opinion as are we all but I bet it’s the same ones that will come running back if we have a good season, the faithful 12000 or so who turn up EVERY game will still be there so their actions make no difference in fact  I prefer when the whingers are absent 

you haven't mentioned the TV deal which could see games moved to Friday or Monday nights

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Topper 123 said:

Why in paragraph 2 the “by the way….” bit?

Very loaded options imho!

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

I can, last season, and the season before that,

It's not as desperate as people are making out, it's just normal marketing sadly

they did phone me up once, probably about 10 years ago. I was very surprised 

1 hour ago, red panda said:

Any chance we could stop talking about "tourists"?  Some of us live hundreds of miles away from AG, don't attend many home games because of that and therefore don't have a season ticket (and often end up attending more away than home matches).  Others may have caring responsibilities, other regular commitments, or simply not able to afford a season ticket.  I know we're second class fans, and I genuflect every morning, but we're not tourists.  

'Tourists' is not a term used to describe the type of fan that you are. A tourist is someone (Japanese / American) who has no affiliation to a club but is quite happy to pay £100 plus for a ticket to a Premier League game and then spend double that in the club shop. There are 1000's of such people who are classed as this which is why Premier League clubs (Spurs and Liverpool lately) restrict season ticket sales. Long term they make far more money from the 'tourists' than they do Season ticket holders who get a reduced price seat and buy a beer in their local before entering the ground.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

I can, last season, and the season before that,

It's not as desperate as people are making out, it's just normal marketing sadly

Yeah I’d agree with that. All it’ll be is that the club have a database and will have marketing comms pre scheduled. So any emails/texts this week will have been loaded up well in advance, and then all that’s happened is the list is pared down by those who renew.

The mails would happen regardless. It’s just that more (by number as opposed to by the volume of scheduled drops) are likely being sent.

1 hour ago, Topper 123 said:

In my case the issue I have with the club is that the board lie to the fans. I don’t like being lied to, maybe you feel differently and that is fine. But maybe try to understand the reasons before speculating and making things up. 
Personally I think the club would be better without the sycophants who accept being misled as their place in life. Still, each to their own. 

• Like 11
  • Flames 4

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

Indeed, just because you live in Scotland doesn't make you any less of a fan then someone living in Bristol,

I fact if you make the effort to travel to a home game from miles away I'd say that makes you a bigger fan,

We don't get tourist fans we are bristol city not real madrid

Very fair comment.  Tourist fans go to high profile or successful clubs, not to watch the dross we dish out.  

If a’tourist’ was daft enough to come along once, they certainly wouldn’t return!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

'Tourists' is not a term used to describe the type of fan that you are. A tourist is someone (Japanese / American) who has no affiliation to a club but is quite happy to pay £100 plus for a ticket to a Premier League game and then spend double that in the club shop. There are 1000's of such people who are classed as this which is why Premier League clubs (Spurs and Liverpool lately) restrict season ticket sales. Long term they make far more money from the 'tourists' than they do Season ticket holders who get a reduced price seat and buy a beer in their local before entering the ground.

All of that is true (and I've been a tourist myself at several large grounds around Europe, though spent precisely zilch on merch etc).  But several posters earlier on in this thread did use this term about non-season ticket holders at AG.

1 hour ago, Topper 123 said:

Going by that use of vocabulary we know it’s you Brian Tinnion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12

3 hours ago, Topper 123 said:

Maybe it’s because people are paying a not-inconsiderable amount of money to be sat there bored for a couple of hours each week? 🤷 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, red panda said:

Red Panda I used the term tourist as a way of saying the club would prefer to sell individual tickets as opposed to season tickets.

I accept completely that fans who live a long way away have no need for a season ticket, it not being viable to get to many home games, and to a degree they are catered for with the membership scheme.

Equally someone like myself having been fortunate to have an ST for many years cannot reduce my football expenditure by moving from a relatively expensive seat to a cheaper one in the SS simply because the club has made this decision.

I want to go to as many home games as possible but at a reduced unit cost, the club is preventing me from doing that.

They could for instance check the attendance record this season for anyone who wanted to relocate and make a more informed decision based on that, instead they have arbitrarily decided to impose a rule that we have never had before.

For what it’s worth I don’t think the price hike for junior tickets in the SS will have the desired result, they are still very cheap relatively speaking.

We shall see.

3 hours ago, BrizzleRed said:

Very fair comment.  Tourist fans go to high profile or successful clubs, not to watch the dross we dish out.  

If a’tourist’ was daft enough to come along once, they certainly wouldn’t return!

Heard a great story at Spurs when a load of South Korean tourists appeared in the home end, getting very excited and grabbbing loads of Insta hits 

When a flare was set off by one of the home fans it was quickly passed to one of the excited tourists who was over the moon about being included in the celebrations.... He was immediately buried under 5 stewards, forcibly ejected and last seen outside the ground being bundled into a police van. Priceless.

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, red panda said:

:ph34r:

• Haha 1

• Admin

On the basis that the South Stand hardly had any POTD availability this season it's fare to assume that the stand is basically at full capacity 

For any new seats to become available next season it would be dependent on people not buying the same seat

We could be talking about a very low number being available anyway 

It will be interesting to see how many seats actually now become POTD because, as unlikely as it is, if everyone renewed there wouldn't be a space for people to move into anyway. 

The SC&T have already raised concerns with the football club about the empty spaces in the lower Lansdown wings etc and to me that's also the problem that there isn't enough "affordable" seating in the ground 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Countryfile said:

Red Panda I used the term tourist as a way of saying the club would prefer to sell individual tickets as opposed to season tickets.

I accept completely that fans who live a long way away have no need for a season ticket, it not being viable to get to many home games, and to a degree they are catered for with the membership scheme.

Equally someone like myself having been fortunate to have an ST for many years cannot reduce my football expenditure by moving from a relatively expensive seat to a cheaper one in the SS simply because the club has made this decision.

I want to go to as many home games as possible but at a reduced unit cost, the club is preventing me from doing that.

They could for instance check the attendance record this season for anyone who wanted to relocate and make a more informed decision based on that, instead they have arbitrarily decided to impose a rule that we have never had before.

For what it’s worth I don’t think the price hike for junior tickets in the SS will have the desired result, they are still very cheap relatively speaking.

We shall see.

The club will always prefer to sell season tickets, it's guaranteed income as apposed to assumed income that may not actually arrive,

Given a choice a football club will always want the season ticket money over pay on the day, its basic economics

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

The club will always prefer to sell season tickets, it's guaranteed income as apposed to assumed income that may not actually arrive,

Given a choice a football club will always want the season ticket money over pay on the day, its basic economics

They don’t seem to apply basic football principles so why would they get economics right……

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I agree that the guaranteed upfront income is attractive to most clubs, but not it would seem to ours, I would like to know if any other club in the Championship is refusing to sell available seats for STs as our club is proposing with the SS ban.

If things stay as they are I won’t be renewing .

9 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Is that correct though? Fans who POTD pay considerably more. The upper Lansdown is the typical place for the bigger games and it can be £35-40 per seat, which is a decent premium over those all being sold as ST. 

I get it that the average POTD will be less than if we had 100% ST holders as you have to include the empty seats in that calculation. If we are up there though and are playing well, getting close to full, I would think the total revenue increases if there is a lot of POTD.

20 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

That looks like how our early bird system used to work, before our club decided to rinse us fans for whatever they can squeeze out of us.

Now we’ve got to hand over our money early and swallow a price rise, just to retain our seat.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

That looks like how our early bird system used to work, before our club decided to rinse us fans for whatever they can squeeze out of us.

Now we’ve got to hand over our money early and swallow a price rise, just to retain our seat.

The very best seats aren't available, but adult prices of the ones that are :-

you can sit on the halfway line on one side for £400, £439 on the other side

you can sit behind the goal for £344 (one end has no seats available)

23 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

I agree that the guaranteed upfront income is attractive to most clubs, but not it would seem to ours, I would like to know if any other club in the Championship is refusing to sell available seats for STs as our club is proposing with the SS ban.

If things stay as they are I won’t be renewing .

They could really find this coming back and biting them on the ass.  

Imagine them missing out on season ticket sales to people wanting to transfer their ST over to the SS from other stands and then having a poor uptake of potd tickets.

Instead of empty seats due to no-show ST holders (money already in the club’s pocket) and instead have empty seats due to people not taking up potd (so no money at all).

Could turn out to be a massive own goal.  As the saying goes, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

I know Liverpool season tickets holders who have had them for over 30 years 

they openly admit Liverpool don’t want fans like them that spend absolutely nothing in the ground 

1 hour ago, phantom said:

On the basis that the South Stand hardly had any POTD availability this season it's fare to assume that the stand is basically at full capacity 

For any new seats to become available next season it would be dependent on people not buying the same seat

We could be talking about a very low number being available anyway 

It will be interesting to see how many seats actually now become POTD because, as unlikely as it is, if everyone renewed there wouldn't be a space for people to move into anyway. 

The SC&T have already raised concerns with the football club about the empty spaces in the lower Lansdown wings etc and to me that's also the problem that there isn't enough "affordable" seating in the ground 

Having made the decision to offer cheaper child tickets in an expanded upper Lansdown family section presumably the club know how many child STs were sold in the SS and how many weren’t used (or used sparingly) and therefore believe a significant number of seats will be freed up (not just the child seat(s) but the accompanying adult(s) as well).

What seems odd to me is making the SS spare seats POTD will mean less people buy in the Lansdown more expensive seats.

6 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Completely agree. I do business with Spurs and was told that they regularly have 4-5,000 South Korean fans attend a home match and they spend on average £600-700 per fan. 

I travelled to Milan with them in the Champions League and they had fans camped out in every restaurant on the off chance of meeting even the non-playing staff at night. 

12 million of their 50 million population consider themselves Spurs fans. 

Not saying I agree with the clubs deliberately leaving tickets open in favour of these international fans, but this is why the notion of “tourist” fans is so attractive to many large clubs and as many others have said, I would hazard a guess that our own more part time fans spend far more in the club shop and bars than us regular fans.