IGNORED

Tinnion on SotC

1960maaan

6 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Pretty much said if we sign another striker he won't play WITH Conway but as an alternative. Won't be seeing two up front under Manning then.

How many teams play 2 up front?

8 minutes ago, lenred said:

Oh my……..you must be listening to something very different to most of the rest of us (including my group not on here).  Seriously not impressed.  

He’s not a pig he’s the same troll.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, bearded_red said:

How on earth have we gone from Richard Gould and Nigel Pearson to Jon Lansdown, Brian Tinnion and Liam Manning.

I mean I know the answer, he lives in Guernsey, but still. What a ******* dumb football club.

They are getting exactly what they deserve for all their investment…sweet fa.

It’s hilarious really how much has been wasted just for it to get to this Mickey Mouse set up.

We are absolutely tinpot…well funded (historically) but tinpot

• Like 2
  • Flames 4
  • Robin 1

2 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

I think Hoskin is doing a really good job. He has to work with the club week in and week out so needs to tread carefully. Asking challenging questions in a pleasantly disguised way. As a result Tins pretty open, if occasionally on the defensive. I think we've learned a fair bit - watching players abroad every weekend and expecting this to result in signings being one example. 

Far from a PR disaster in my view. But doesn't challenge many of the assumptions folk on here have. I'll be there next season, but not over excited by the prospect.

Agreed, hoskin couldnt really have pushed it much further, but respected tinnion as a senior representative of the club, and got into the interview with the questions that people have mentioned on here. Well done to him.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

For a 71 point finish. Interesting to finally get an idea of their actual target. Probably gets you 6th in about 50% of seasons.

So NP was sacked for an improved target of about 0.2 points per game. 9 Points a Season.

• Facepalm 1

This was not a bad interview. Easily best post GT

BT will be taking a look on here and might not be thrilled, however he had the balls to go on the show and tell  us we have an apprentice head coach

The utter garbage that was stated around Mr Pearson is now seen to be what it was, garbage, supporters overwhelmingly were genuinely shocked that we could throw it all down the toilet in the manner we did, for this! 

The message overall was about looking forward…Not suprisingly as its renewal time!

I am delighted with the FA Youth Cup semi, but our turgid style and results are effecting attendances and my sense of humor!

Edited by REDOXO
  • Like 12

In fairness I think whatever BT said he was always gonna get a roasting on here. I was more taken with his demeanor rather than the actual content of his answers though. How sad that it's become a "them and us battle" between the hierarchy and us minions...

• Like 4

Wrexham will be in the prem before us.

It upsets me that a club legend like Tinman is like this, being told to **** off by fans and hated on, but he doesn’t help himself and the Lansdown family are completely in charge of this situation. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

"Where do you want to be in 12 months time?"

"10 pts better off"

Is that it? Is that the extent of the ambition?

Jesus wept.

How completely obvious is it to say "in among the top end, at least challenging for a play off place."

Even if it's not going to happen.

I guess he must have been sat down - he certainly wasn't thinking on his feet there.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JP Hampton said:

Not questioning whether people are working hard we want to know why it’s not working. 
 Of course we know they want success that’s not in question. 

There’s often a chasm between outcomes from working hard and working smart in terms of success. We need more smart workers on and off the pitch.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Can’t believe Tins is giving out undisclosed transfer fees on air! Jeez.  Bet QPR are delighted that’s been divulged.

It’s almost like when you put people in a position that they’re woefully unqualified for, they do daft things. 

• Like 14
  • Flames 2

Just a mess wasn’t it. Anyone thinking we have defined roles, a way of working, and are in any way “ahead” of little old Luton/Ipswich/ANother is kidding themselves. 

too many low lights to mention one particularly, but that was not the sound of a confident person who knows they will be successful. Which is in no way a surprise! Nailed on to flirt with relegation before we get near the top 6.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Can’t believe Tins is giving out undisclosed transfer fees on air! Jeez.  Bet QPR are delighted that’s been divulged.

The man who DMs people on social media with confidential transfer information is giving out confidential transfer information on radio. I'm shocked.

(This is sarcasm btw 😉)

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, chowie said:

So NP was sacked for an improved target of about 0.2 points per game. 9 Points a Season.

Which coincidentally he was on track for.

From the equivalent fixtures perhaps 3 points better off.

Likewise post the Fleming game,  5 from 15 equivalent games.

At the very least, I was hoping 63-65 come May.

• Like 2