IGNORED

Tinnion on SotC

1960maaan

1 minute ago, Shuffle said:

Still spouting bullshit that we had two players for every position in the summer   For the Millwall game in August (which is the summer)we had 5 subs who had never started a game at Championship & 35 year old Andy King.  Squad depth has been our biggest issue but still the club  still state we had two players for every position.

We do and we don't.

We do pretty much on paper when all are fit. However this brings us onto the second issue.. I think the squad 2-3 light in any event, however 2 haven't kicked a ball all season so it had a grain of truth but is also quite disingenuous.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2

Unbelievable. What a tag line to go with to attract new players to the club "we want to be ten points better off in 12 months". Well I'll tell you what Tinnion, we should be ten points better off right now, and I'd put good money on Pearson being able to do that if he wasn't given the unjust boot he was! Clowns!!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 4

3 minutes ago, Odd socks said:

What a mess they have turned this club into.  They are barking mad, this club will never progress with  B T.  J L.  and Steve in charge.  You want me to part with a chunk of my pension to support the club which I have supported for 67 years . No time to walk away . The lunatics are running not only the asylum ,they are running this club.

⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

👏👏👏👏👏

• Like 1

Incredibly amateur to put a specific number on next seasons point total. Hasn't BT learned from JL's mistakes of saying this squad has a top 6 squad. All this does will be further pressure on Manning next season. 

Also, BT is thick in saying this right before next season's season ticket prices will be released. Does he really think we will flock to purchase a season ticket, where he has publicly stated that the ambition is to be 10 points better off?! 

Laughable, amateurish, joker. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

Terrible interview, had to laugh when they said he was only going to talk about the youth cup! The plea to the fans he made….well why didn’t you listen to the fans and read the room re Nigel, we didn’t need to sack a very good manager and his respected coaching staff, we are regressing and as expected yesterday has papered over the cracks. Most interesting thing said was likely a striker from aboard in summer. 

2 minutes ago, P'head Red said:

Unbelievable. What a tag line to go with to attract new players to the club "we want to be ten points better off in 12 months". Well I'll tell you what Tinnion, we should be ten points better off right now, and I'd put good money on Pearson being able to do that if he wasn't given the unjust boot he was! Clowns!!

It’s a funny one. He obviously didn’t want to heap anymore pressure on Manning. So he just said the first thing that came to mind. 

To be fair ten points extra now would have us in the chasing Pack with nine or so to go and most of us would take that! 

The interviewer gave him a good run for his money and made him very uncomfortable. Good. 

The “Board” would have listened to that! 

That was Brian taking it in the shorts for junior. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 3

2 minutes ago, Ecko said:

Incredibly amateur to put a specific number on next seasons point total. Hasn't BT learned from JL's mistakes of saying this squad has a top 6 squad. All this does will be further pressure on Manning next season. 

Also, BT is thick in saying this right before next season's season ticket prices will be released. Does he really think we will flock to purchase a season ticket, where he has publicly stated that the ambition is to be 10 points better off?! 

Laughable, amateurish, joker. 

All that needed posting tbf.

• Haha 3
  • Flames 1

After reflecting a bit to that interview:

The bloke got triggered about the easiest questions that he must of seen coming. You could hear in his voice, with the rising tones at the end of his sentences, he was stressed. A classic flag to being under pressure tbh.

If you live in a culture where you are not regularly challenged about performance, you end up being Mediocre. Tonight Tinnion collapsed during a simple interview. That basically sums BCFC up at the moment.

He is waaaaay out of his depth, but we knew that anyway.

Get him back in the youth development, employ experience in the DOF/TD role and start again. 

• Like 13

So what have we learned?

Promotion isn’t the aim next season, despite using that reason to sack a manager relatively early into this season. 

Youth football takes priority over the first team. 

30 years working for a company (we’ll gloss over being sacked once) entitles you to a seat on the board. 

“Undisclosed fee” is a subjective term. 

Edit 

Missed “a couple of new signings” in the summer, as mentioned by @Lew - T

Edited by Barrs Court Red
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It was 4 anyway having played a game more than Hull and WBA (6th and 5th).

Also one of them said we’re now 9pts off. We’re 11pts off. Tbf I think that was the interviewer though. 

• Thanks 1

Fact Check:

(and thanks to Paul Binning / Exiled Robin who got there before I did)

Kieron McKenna, first 12….Tins “he only won 2”:

image.png.3b6b519c95e7453558924d0e88983ca0.png

first 12:

W7 D3 L2 Pts 24

first 17 before defeat v Cambridge

W10 D4 L3 Pts 34

Anyone think he might’ve thought red was wins?

• Like 3
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 2
  • Facepalm 1

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He’s created a bigger “them and us” with that interview.

TD - Technical Director or Tact and Diplomacy 

He went out of his way to say (several times) that he’s been at the club 30 years and that he wants the same as everyone does - namely the club to be successful. Essentially he’s saying that he’s a fan and I have no beef with that sentiment.

His competence to earn such a senior role means that he’s impressed the hierarchy who obviously respect his knowledge and skills.

As with most things - the proof of the pudding will be in the eating.

• Facepalm 4

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

We do and we don't.

We do pretty much on paper when all are fit. However this brings us onto the second issue.. I think the squad 2-3 light in any event, however 2 haven't kicked a ball all season so it had a grain of truth but is also quite disingenuous.

Take your point but we knew that Atkinson, Benarous, McCrorie were all out long term and that’s before any other new injuries which happen at every club (more so at our club). I guess technically, with pro players in the 21s numbers wise we had 2 players for every position but I guarantee no other club in the league had 5 lads on the bench in August who had never started a game at our level.  

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Fact Check:

first 12:

W7 D3 L2 Pts 24

W10 D4 L3 Pts 34

You couldn't make it up

• Haha 2

He isn’t going to last much longer. No doubt about it in my eyes. I don’t like the Lansdowns, I don’t respect the lansdowns, I don’t trust the Lansdown’s… but they will have been listening and they will have been holding their heads in their hands at him going out like that just before ST renewal. 

I just hope even those intending to renew leave it very, very late. 

Steve will have seen the attendance and felt the atmosphere on Sunday and he’ll not be happy. Not one jot. He has sacked Tinnion once, and he’ll be doing it again soon 

Edited by 38MC
  • Like 3
  • Hmmm 1

Just now, Shuffle said:

Take your point but we knew that Atkinson, Benarous, McCrorie were all out long term and that’s before any other new injuries which happen at every club (more so at our club). I guess technically, with pro players in the 21s numbers wise we had 2 players for every position but I guarantee no other club in the league had 5 lads on the bench in August who had never started a game at our level.  

Oh I agree which is why I said Tinnion was being disengenuous because ok paper they're available, but those 3 had long term, plus Scott before his departure and Naismith too iirc.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Fact Check:

first 12:

W7 D3 L2 Pts 24

W10 D4 L3 Pts 34

Jesus wept.  He can’t even get his ******* pathetic deflections correct. Be gone ffs!!!!

• Flames 2

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Fact Check:

first 12:

W7 D3 L2 Pts 24

W10 D4 L3 Pts 34

"Thick" 😂

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Fact Check:

first 12:

W7 D3 L2 Pts 24

W10 D4 L3 Pts 34

Fancy a role as Teknical director at BCFC dave? You’d get my vote tbh