IGNORED

West Bromwich Albion away match thread

3 hours ago, Red Billy said:

I don’t think he’ll risk playing him personally. We have the international break so it gives him extra recovery. It’s going to be so important he’s fit for out last few games where we have nothing to play for as we strive for mid table obscurity. 🤣 Really can’t understand why we’ve loaned him. The talk is we are unlikely to be able to sign him so not sure what the sense was.

PR stunt maybe??

• Like 1
Just now, DaveInSA said:

I think we’ll win this today. As others have said, if we ply on the counter we’ve got every chance.

It would be “so Bristol city” to do that.

West Brom are normally very organised, they don’t get transitioned on easily, but maybe we will lull them into a false sense of security this afternoon.  They are a team that grind you down and build pressure.  They are a bit of a different team to anyone else in this division.

Okay, I’m basically saying I’ve no idea how this will play out, but Corberan is probably the best coach in this division! 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

West Brom are normally very organised, they don’t get transitioned on easily, but maybe we will lull them into a false sense of security this afternoon.  They are a team that grind you down and build pressure.  They are a bit of a different team to anyone else in this division.

Okay, I’m basically saying I’ve no idea how this will play out, but Corberan is probably the best coach in this division! 🤣🤣🤣

Agreed, if we get anything today it will be a hard fought draw with a good performance required from Max. I'd be delighted with that though tbf.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Agreed, if we get anything today it will be a hard fought draw with a good performance required from Max. I'd be delighted with that though tbf.

Obviously want us to win, but a draw full of character and intent would be my next best today.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Best coach after wonder boy Liam of course 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
36 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Obviously want us to win, but a draw full of character and intent would be my next best today.

Something akin to the Millwall draw last season that dragged us out of that slump (and put pay to the "Pearson out" chat) would be perfectly fine.

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

Something akin to the Millwall draw last season that dragged us out of that slump (and put pay to the "Pearson out" chat) would be perfectly fine.

That was a good performance wasn’t it?  One where we probably deserved the 3 points.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

That was a good performance wasn’t it?  One where we probably deserved the 3 points.

I remember it as solid, a little bit swashbuckling maybe. Think I'd say we absolutely deserved the point we got and probably could have taken 3 if we'd won the "moments". 

But it was a proper new dawn after the dark of the preceding month or so. Would be nice to see the sun rise at 5pm today.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Pack the midfield, 5 across, balls in behind and don't waste set pieces. Stop them building wide so can't leave gaps by bombing on. Through balls early rather than too much width in our attack. All easier said than done. Could be a good game for TC if played this way.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Pack the midfield, 5 across, balls in behind and don't waste set pieces. Stop them building wide so can't leave gaps by bombing on. Through balls early rather than too much width in our attack. All easier said than done. Could be a good game for TC if played this way.

Tex Avery Running GIF by Boomerang Official

Droopy activating block into counter

• Haha 1

Afternoon all, can't believe that the OS has RB on already, Andy Bennett is still on, wonders will never cease. Anyway, let's hope a good performance against WBA is going to happen, I would take a draw now that would be good, but if we do manage a win then I would be over the moon. So, So Come On You Red's.

Just now, The Original OTIB said:

Mehmeti worries me here. This is a game for discipline. Him in front of Roberts? That is our weakness right there for a team that kills teams down the flanks. Happy for Anis to have a stormer tracking back and winning tackles.

Tbf they combined brilliantly against oxford in the Cup, all be it against league one opposition but it’s been a pairing i’ve wanted to see more of all year.

1 minute ago, The Original OTIB said:

Rather have Roberts in front of Pring or vice verse.

Be an interesting motivation tactic to drop the bloke who created our goal last Sunday & was a threat throughout.

• Like 1