IGNORED

West Bromwich Albion away match thread

15 minutes ago, Hocca said:

Mowatt and Yokuslu vs King and Gardner-Hickman, goodness me that’s where the game is won and lost today

We need to exploit Pieters at LCB somehow.

Some good match-ups though.  Fellows against Roberts, Johnston cutting in against McCrorie (assume he’s played against him previously?), Mehmeti v Furlong who can be rash.

Edited by Davefevs
10 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Nah he's had enough chances, under two managers and two systems. He's not it.

Mehmeti is consistent. He consistently tries to bite off more than he can chew, do everything himself, and in doing so he consistently sabotages our few attacks.

Could’ve easily said the same about Semenyo before he came good. I still think he has the assets to be brilliant for us. But can understand your point and it does do my head in as well when he cuts back about 4 times before passing. 

Edited by George Rs
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, PortInTheMorning said:

Did you fluke a birdie the Sunday before that too? He got man of the match against Ipswich.

What did he do in the 20 matches before that?

3 minutes ago, George Rs said:

Could’ve easily said the same about Semenyo before he came good. I still think he has the assets to be brilliant for us. But can understand your point and it does do my head in as well when he cuts back about 4 times before passing. 

I think Semenyo always had the raw potential - the power, the hunger, the desire.

I respect that other opinions on Anis are available. But I'm pretty confident in saying the following: Anis Mehmeti will never play a significant role in a team that finishes in the top 6 of the Championship.

I don't think he's good enough.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

What did he do in the 20 matches before that?

I think Semenyo always had the raw potential - the power, the hunger, the desire.

I respect that other opinions on Anis are available. But I'm pretty confident in saying the following: Anis Mehmeti will never play a significant role in a team that finishes in the top 6 of the Championship.

I don't think he's good enough.

I doubt he even play a significant role in a team that finishes in the bottom six either.

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Offside said:

It’s difficult to feel optimistic about City at the moment. If we avoid defeat it’ll be a bonus. But hopefully the travelling fans will be rewarded with a decent performance and result. COYR

Wouldn't be surprised to learn that you said the exact same thing prior to the Southampton game too

• Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1
6 minutes ago, ORANGE500 said:

Wouldn't be surprised to learn that you said the exact same thing prior to the Southampton game too

Probably, because that's exactly why it's hard to feel optimistic at the moment - it's so unpredictable and rare when we'll put in a good performance

15 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Yeah, what rumours, please answer .

Rumours are if Matty James play one more game for us it triggers a further years contract  so we arn't playing him . Dont know how true this is but no one knows what MJ's injury is

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, IAmNick said:

Probably, because that's exactly why it's hard to feel optimistic at the moment - it's so unpredictable and rare when we'll put in a good performance

I agree it's inconsistent and unpredictable but good performances aren't that rare, the last 6 games have included Southampton and Ipswich a performance that merited at least 1 point and probably all 3. it's nowhere near as bad as you would think based on the views of  OTIB members who just want to find a way to be negative about the club and certain personnel.