IGNORED

It’s simple. Manning out.

4 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

The bed wetters need to calm down imo. Was always going to take time to transition from a counter attacking team to an absolutely shit one so it's not really a surprise we've had a downturn. Manning has had next to no time on the grass to implement his coaching and I’m happy that after he has done so he’s made us shitter so has prioritised making us bloody tedious which has largely been good. 

let's give him a pre season and a transfer window to spend on players like Medube and to coach any life out of us-if we haven't all drunk ourselves into unconsciousness by October then I agree he would need to go.

Stick some new sheets on and calm down!

Fixed a few things for you.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

The bed wetters need to calm down imo. Was always going to take time to transition from a counter attacking team to one that has control so it's not really a surprise we've had a downturn. Manning has had next to no time on the grass to implement his coaching so has prioritised out of possession work which has largely been good. 

let's give him a pre season and a transfer window to try and get a few players that can handle the ball then see what he can do-if we haven't shown a tangible improvement by October then I agree he would need to go.

Out of interest what do you call tangible improvement?

I’ve lumped on to December and I’ll be honest I haven’t really considered what I’d call acceptable at this point.  Being entertained I guess, which is subjective. 

10 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Let’s me honest, there’s no way that Manning is going anywhere soon - JL and BT haven’t got the balls to admit that they were wrong to replace NP with LM.

I think you're right, but if Lansdown senior is around more he does have the balls.

I hope he's watching, I hope he's noticing the fans feeling , I hope he heard the chants today . If he does realise the feeling , and with Season tickets just on sale , he may act. 

Be nice if he looks hard at Jon and Tins too in respect of how suited they are to the jobs.

Edited by 1960maaan
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Atticus said:

I'm just extremely angry with the people that made this farcical decision to sack Pearson for Manning.  Just so unbelievablely arrogant. If Tinnion had a hand in this then he 100% needs to go with Manning. 

Possibly the worst decision the club has ever made. What a joke, so bored of this shite club.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Out of interest what do you call tangible improvement?

I’ve lumped on to December and I’ll be honest I haven’t really considered what I’d call acceptable at this point.  Being entertained I guess, which is subjective. 

For me it's looking like a team that is clearly well coached to a way of playing. I want to see patterns of play, entertaining interplay and sustained attacks. And I also what to see more character/ leadership to turn those performances into results. If we don't have that by next autumn/winter then he can do one  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, CyderInACan said:

No polls. No hoping for the best.  

He’s either hopelessly out of his depth or he’s just not cut out to be a football manager at this level. 

Let’s look at the positives we’ve endured almost 12% of his reign. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

The bed wetters need to calm down imo. Was always going to take time to transition from a counter attacking team to one that has control so it's not really a surprise we've had a downturn. Manning has had next to no time on the grass to implement his coaching so has prioritised out of possession work which has largely been good. 

let's give him a pre season and a transfer window to try and get a few players that can handle the ball then see what he can do-if we haven't shown a tangible improvement by October then I agree he would need to go.

Im sorry but much of this is nonsense.

He has had loads of time “on the grass”. Including once or twice a week for 90plus minutes where we look like a pub team without the goal threat.

Whats this “control” tactic you speak of? We cannot string a pass together mate.

Out of possession work? By that I guess you mean chasing shadows and conceding territory and goals? Yeah we have got much better at that since Liam The Coach came in.

Terrible appointment, never felt right and never will. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

55 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Symptom of the problem, not the main problem.

Lansdowns & Tinnion are far bigger problems.

If they sell up no one in their right mind employs an illiterate Geordie in the position he currently occupies at any football league club.

I’m not impressed by him but in my wish list he’d be third in line to leave.

Absolutely spot on Graham.

• Thanks 1

What scares me is if Manning goes it'll be Cisse, Mountain and Bell to the end of the season... Then we'll get 'Holdened', they'll get 3 year deals and we will find ourselves living the dream in league 1 once again.

The concern for me, I can't think of any manager I would want that would be willing to work under this absolute shit show of a structure and organisation 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Atticus said:

I'm just extremely angry with the people that made this farcical decision to sack Pearson for Manning.  Just so unbelievablely arrogant. If Tinnion had a hand in this then he 100% needs to go with Manning. 

Absolutely no "if" about it.

• Flames 2

Hope he goes because the football is awful.the bloke is out of his depth and jl wants shooting thinking this pile of shirt were watching is a top six side.or did he mean bottom 6.and their trying to sell season tickets 4 next season.ha ha.

4 minutes ago, hinsleburg said:

What scares me is if Manning goes it'll be Cisse, Mountain and Bell to the end of the season... Then we'll get 'Holdened', they'll get 3 year deals and we will find ourselves living the dream in league 1 once again.

The concern for me, I can't think of any manager I would want that would be willing to work under this absolute shit show of a structure and organisation 

This is the nail on head post.

The “right” appointment was Nigel Pearson. But the regime hated him.

The “wrong” appointment is Liam Manning, but the regime love him and think he is the “right” appointment.

In other words, we are right in it.

• Like 10

58 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Absolutely. 

Until there is fundamental change elsewhere at the club, who the head coach is will make little difference.

As long as Tinnion remains in that role, the new head coach would only be someone of Manning's ilk anyway. 

I couldn’t disagree more.

A different head-coach / manager is capable of galvanising this group.  The right one can operate without incompetence above him.

6 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

Im sorry but much of this is nonsense.

He has had loads of time “on the grass”. Including once or twice a week for 90plus minutes where we look like a pub team without the goal threat.

Whats this “control” tactic you speak of? We cannot string a pass together mate.

Out of possession work? By that I guess you mean chasing shadows and conceding territory and goals? Yeah we have got much better at that since Liam The Coach came in.

Terrible appointment, never felt right and never will. 

He's not though has he? Given the programme of games we are either recovering from the last game or preparing for the next one. 

Yes we have players that treat the ball like a hot potato-the only player in midfield that can handle the ball is James and he's out. Manning needs players to suit his style-then we will get control.

no I mean players being compact with the correct distances between them to close space-most managers have commended us on this. A good example was the first half vs Ipswich.

Your last sentence explains the problem in a nutshell-the fans were against this appointment from the start so are not giving him a fair crack imo

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hmmm 1

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

A different head-coach / manager is capable of galvanising this group.  The right one can operate without incompetence above him.

Until he’s undermined by unhelpful comments publicly from the barely functional chairman, or secretly by the snake to his hierarchy. 

No manager is onto a winner when they have that shit show above them. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BCFC31 said:

Let's be honest here aswell our squad is dreadful. Players like Williams, King, mehmeti, cornick, Wells, Bell, hickman, tanner, the rusty legs of matty james mabude? Bajic ?  Conway whats he scored in the leauge 3 goals ? Players like Atkinson and naismith who are made from paper mache The names of the utter dross in my opinion is endless there Is a real lack of investment in the playing side of the club and the recruitment is abysmal which is ridiculously headed up by Brian tinion 😭 we have 0 quality or ability to play football. Yes manning has had a nightmare and is clearly out of his depth  but he is only one part of the wider problem at this shoddy football club that we all love.

I gave a facepalm reluctantly. But when you lay it out, sorry mate, but I think I would do better. He is only one part of a wider problem and I agree with 90% of your post, but we can’t excuse manning for getting so little out of this squad, and what’s worse, depreciating our assets. 

Edited by 38MC
  • Like 1

He's not though has he? Given the programme of games we are either recovering from the last game or preparing for the next one. 

Yes we have players that treat the ball like a hot potato-the only player in midfield that can handle the ball is James and he's out. Manning needs players to suit his style-then we will get control.

no I mean players being compact with the correct distances between them to close space-most managers have commended us on this. A good example was the first half vs Ipswich.

Your last sentence explains the problem in a nutshell-the fans were against this appointment from the start so are not giving him a fair crack imo

That really isn’t the case, it’s the weakest of weak arguments.  You’d expect to see some signs of improvement in the underlying “stuff” by  now, even if results take a while to catch up.  He is making us worse.  Results are worse, underlying “stuff” is worse….trend is downwards.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 11

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Totally agree. This group is capable of so much more. Top 10 and threatening playoffs to whet the appetite for a little investment. Instead it looks like paying to avoid relegation 

With respect, its rubbish football and you are looking for some sort of purist angle to justify the fact its just not very good.

Fans gave him a shot, we are abysmal to watch.

Compact, distances, blah blah.

We do not score goals. We do not win points.

We lost v Ipswich by the way.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That really isn’t the case, it’s the weakest of weak arguments.  You’d expect to see some signs of improvement in the underlying “stuff” by  now, even if results take a while to catch up.  He is making us worse.  Results are worse, underlying “stuff” is worse….trend is downwards.

Bit naive if u expected improvements so quickly. James/twine being out is a huge miss and that needs to be factored in. Can I ask how long it took Nige to improve the 'underlying stuff?'

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 6

52 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

He's not up to the job, he certainly doesn't warrant a " war chest" .

I've seen us play under every manager since Fred Ford and he's comfortably the worst by far, on every metric..........tactics, style of play, in game management, communication, signings, connection with the fans, and his absolving himself of any responsibility whatsoever for the total shitshow we are witnessing. 

He needs to go.Now.

What signings?

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Maybe in the short term, Dave. A new man may be able to deliver a few more points and a more attractive style of football.

But medium-long term the club will not succeed with the current set-up.

In fact, even with a better man in the head coach role, I predict we are now seeing the early signs of regression which could start to get worse rather quickly unless something fundamental changes. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

With respect, its rubbish football and you are looking for some sort of purist angle to justify the fact its just not very good.

Fans gave him a shot, we are abysmal to watch.

Compact, distances, blah blah.

We do not score goals. We do not win points.

We lost v Ipswich by the way.

No I just prefer a nuanced view rather than having an agenda 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 3

Just now, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Bit naive if u expected improvements so quickly. James/twine being out is a huge miss and that needs to be factored in. Can I ask how long it took Nige to improve the 'underlying stuff?'

Manning is not capable of sorting what Nigel Pearson did.

Pearson changed a culture which is massively different to coaching a set of players. We have lost that.

By the way, the same set of players that ran through walls for Nigel Pearson are now bickering and drifting around like strangers. No amount of time “on the grass” working on “distances” and “patterns of play” will change that.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Far from naive.  If you can’t see improvement in half a season, in a world where on average a Championship,Sanger does even get one year on average, you’ e tame the wrong approach.

Nige improved underlying “stuff” from about game 3 onwards, when he had enough points to start planning for the next 3 years of his contract.  He sidelined the cosy club, experimented with youngsters, brought in his culture setters and gradually improved us.  Slow progress, yep.  I never felt we were going backwards under Nige.  Maybe he was just ever so convincing.

This is as epic a regression as Rooney at Brum.

Its onky my view, but I see him taking us further backwards.

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Maybe in the short term, Dave. A new man may be able to deliver a few more points and a more attractive style of football.

But medium-long term the club will not succeed with the current set-up.

In fact, even with a better man in the head coach role, I predict we are now seeing the early signs of regression which could start to get worse rather quickly unless something fundamental changes. 

I still think the manager can carry the rest of the shit show.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 4