IGNORED

It’s simple. Manning out.

3 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Don’t bet on it. Heard last night that there is massive concern from above and they are not as oblivious to the problems like we thought they were. If things don’t improve over the Easter period (or god forbid get worse) - I think he will be gone by the end of the season 

Interesting mate, hope this is true. 

14 hours ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Bit naive if u expected improvements so quickly. James/twine being out is a huge miss and that needs to be factored in. Can I ask how long it took Nige to improve the 'underlying stuff?'

The underlying stuff was sorted out. Manning didn't need to sort out the basics.

in fact we've got worse at them 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, The Bard said:

The underlying stuff was sorted out. Manning didn't need to sort out the basics.

in fact we've got worse at them 

100%. Manning has had more than enough time ‘on the grass’ to seemingly coach out any attacking threat we used to possess- surely a better coach would introduce his methods in a way that doesn’t immediately start serving up the dross we’ve been seeing?

I would love nothing more than City to win every game from now til the end of the season under Manning, but it won’t happen.

If I took my Mini (64 plate) to a mechanic who said ‘you should be getting much better performance out of this’, then when I came back to pick it up, noticed that he’d removed a wheel, and put the indicators on backwards, then when I complained that it was worse than before, said it was my fault because it didn’t have the engine of a Ferrari, I probably would get a new mechanic. 

That’s what I think of Manning. I think. 

If anyone actually HAS got a recommended mechanic in BS3, let me know. That story was only partly a metaphor. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

3 minutes ago, Harvey86 said:

100%. Manning has had more than enough time ‘on the grass’ to seemingly coach out any attacking threat we used to possess- surely a better coach would introduce his methods in a way that doesn’t immediately start serving up the dross we’ve been seeing?

I would love nothing more than City to win every game from now til the end of the season under Manning, but it won’t happen.

If I took my Mini (64 plate) to a mechanic who said ‘you should be getting much better performance out of this’, then when I came back to pick it up, noticed that he’d removed a wheel, and put the indicators on backwards, then when I complained that it was worse than before, said it was my fault because it didn’t have the engine of a Ferrari, I probably would get a new mechanic. 

If anyone actually HAS got a recommended mechanic in BS3, let me know. That story was only partly a metaphor. 

Have you tried Manning Motors?

Guaranteed to get you moving quickly, unfortunately only in reverse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

I am afraid the truth is simple, as many have said.  Manning clearly isn’t good enough.  He must go and go asap.  SL must just accept they made a mistake.  No shame in that.  Remember, SL, it is always the cover up that gets you in the end.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

I am afraid the truth is simple, as many have said.  Manning clearly isn’t good enough.  He must go and go asap.  SL must just accept they made a mistake.  No shame in that.  Remember, SL, it is always the cover up that gets you in the end.

I think our best hope is that it's seen an a JL/BT mistake which SL then has to step in and sort out, like with Holden. Maybe he'll even get a little ego trip out of it, who knows.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Spike said:

Same players who have played blinding games for us. Are they an incredible squad? No, maybe not, but if the players aren't producing their best then ask yourself why. 

The answer is the same players were performing way better under Pearson, Conway looked Premier League quality at times as an example and the simple reason is that Pearson played our players in the way that suited them. The reason the players look so poor atm is because they're not being allowed to play to their potential, they're being restricted by rigid instructions from Manning that doesn't allow them to play to their best abilities. 

Get in a manager who can identify a players best qualities and adapt the team to fit them and you'll see a vast improvement. 

It ain’t “rocket surgery” (😉) is it.

I will stand behind that this isn’t a bad bunch of players, capable of being competitive and top half / 10th material.  But Manning is making them worse.

Every time Liam McFly spends time on the grass with the players, a bit more of the photo of Nige, Dave, Jase and Curtis fades away!  All a bit sad isn’t it?

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Harvey86 said:

The irony eh @redsquirrel 🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

and takes 70 mins to start every time

bump started by the players too!

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

Don’t bet on it. Heard last night that there is massive concern from above and they are not as oblivious to the problems like we thought they were. If things don’t improve over the Easter period (or god forbid get worse) - I think he will be gone by the end of the season 

Heard from whom?

17 hours ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

For me it's looking like a team that is clearly well coached to a way of playing. I want to see patterns of play, entertaining interplay and sustained attacks. And I also what to see more character/ leadership to turn those performances into results. If we don't have that by next autumn/winter then he can do one  

Thanks Liam but you've coached all the joy out of the team, 

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It ain’t “rocket surgery” (😉) is it.

I will stand behind that this isn’t a bad bunch of players, capable of being competitive and top half / 10th material.  But Manning is making them worse.

Every time Liam McFly spends time on the grass with the players, a bit more of the photo of Nige, Dave, Jase and Curtis fades away!  All a bit sad isn’t it?

This is my issue. After Boxing Day we were in a challenging position with 35 points after 24 games. That’s around 3-5 points below play off territory.

So why were these players who Manning “needs to replace” cos they are so awful able to give us that return up to Boxing Day and have given us 12 points out of FORTY TWO since? How can it be the fault of anyone bar Manning and his invisible sidekick?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Bit naive if u expected improvements so quickly. James/twine being out is a huge miss and that needs to be factored in. Can I ask how long it took Nige to improve the 'underlying stuff?'

Then why change manager if you don't expect improvements

Jesus wept do you actually believe the bull you are posting?

We are a much worse team with Manning in charge that is a fact backed up by stats and the majority if fans eyes

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

This is my issue. After Boxing Day we were in a challenging position with 35 points after 24 games. That’s around 3-5 points below play off territory.

So why were these players who Manning “needs to replace” cos they are so awful able to give us that return up to Boxing Day and have given us 12 points out of FORTY TWO since? How can it be the fault of anyone bar Manning and his invisible sidekick?

Manning was happy with what was here when he arrived, in fact it was one of the big draws. It's on him that he has got so little out of them so far.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

Christ, I hope you are right.

3 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

Maybe because we are thinking a bit more long term ffs 

Could be great in League One.. 

...After a maintaining the level beginning and then results falling but performances fluctuating, the 2 or 3 moving parts have aligned and we are heading one way only.

51 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The irony eh @redsquirrel 🤣🤣🤣

bump started by the players too!

innit just Dave 🤣🤣🤣,  sorry Harvey,id love to help but im just too busy these days.  1964 mini is worth getting someone older in who knows what they are doing, things were adjustable in those days,none of this throw away electronic twonk i deal with now

• Haha 2
  • Flames 1

55 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Manning was happy with what was here when he arrived, in fact it was one of the big draws. It's on him that he has got so little out of them so far.

manning was happy with a whacking gurt paycheck and the title of championship hc  on his cv. i think he was overawed by that alone without looking at the bigger picture

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

1 hour ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Christ, I hope you are right.

1 hour ago, The Original OTIB said:

Heard from whom?

Roy DeAlien.