IGNORED

It’s simple. Manning out.

4 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

No polls. No hoping for the best.  

He’s either hopelessly out of his depth or he’s just not cut out to be a football manager at this level. 

Being pedantic, and while agreeing with the thread title, aren’t both of those the same thing?

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

Have to agree.  Was really hoping he could turn the corner (in the right direction), and think appointing up and coming young managers is definitely worth a try.  But it just hasn't worked and we should cut our losses and get someone new in for the summer.

• Like 1

‘give him the summer’ we dont want to. Get someone else in and give them the summer. Let them assess the squad before TW opens, just like nige did in 20/21

Edited by OliOTIB
  • Like 6

Let's be honest here aswell our squad is dreadful. Players like Williams, King, mehmeti, cornick, Wells, Bell, hickman, tanner, the rusty legs of matty james mabude? Bajic ?  Conway whats he scored in the leauge 3 goals ? Players like Atkinson and naismith who are made from paper mache The names of the utter dross in my opinion is endless there Is a real lack of investment in the playing side of the club and the recruitment is abysmal which is ridiculously headed up by Brian tinion 😭 we have 0 quality or ability to play football. Yes manning has had a nightmare and is clearly out of his depth  but he is only one part of the wider problem at this shoddy football club that we all love.

Edited by BCFC31
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 3

Just now, OliOTIB said:

‘give him the summer’ we dont want to. Get someone else in and give them the summer. Let them assess the squad before TW opens, just like nige did in 20/21

we cant get someone else in, only SL/JL can do that; and going by their record of manager selection, it would be a waste of time. We are mediocre at best until they leave.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OliOTIB said:

‘give him the summer’ we dont want to. Get someone else in and give them the summer. Let them assess the squad then

That’s almost certainly what the hierarchy are thinking - assuming that Manning will access to a decent war chest with which to strengthen the squad.

Manning, Jon and Tinnion all need to go.

If we want a Technical Director/Director of Football we need experience not someone whose only experience is Academy Director or Pathway manager or whatever his title was.

Richard Gould showed what a competent CEO can do.

Manning could be good in the future but for the here and now he isn't good enough and I don't want to wait for the future. Here and now we need to get rid of him and bring in a name not a project manager I mean our record on project managers isn't great (LJ, Holden and Manning)

• Like 7
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That’s almost certainly what the hierarchy are thinking - assuming that Manning will access to a decent war chest with which to strengthen the squad.

No chance is manning getting a war chest, didn't you hear tinions interview on Monday? He said we will only be signing some unknown foreign striker and maybe a goal keeper this summer and he hopes players like palmer houlden, knight label, stokes, Murphy can be our saviours.

Edited by BCFC31
  • Like 2

I don't want this Muppet getting the summer. 

Do you see any of the top 10 playing this style of boring emotionless following-the-perfect-plan football? Maybe Hull/Boro sometimes but they get found out.

It's not even possession for possessions sake like Swansea which I don't enjoy but at least there's a point to it and you can understand why they play like that.

Our style is pointless. I'd hate to be a player in this team if it was me.

Football is meant to be entertaining and unpredictable, not boring and formulaic.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BCFC31 said:

No chance is manning getting a war chest, didn't you hear tinions interview on Monday? He said we will only be signing some unknown foreign striker and maybe a goal keeper this summer and he hopes players like palmer houlden, knight label, stokes, Murphy can be our saviours.

He might just as well have said we are looking forward to being back in L1

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

He's not up to the job, he certainly doesn't warrant a " war chest" .

I've seen us play under every manager since Fred Ford and he's comfortably the worst by far, on every metric..........tactics, style of play, in game management, communication, signings, connection with the fans, and his absolving himself of any responsibility whatsoever for the total shitshow we are witnessing. 

He needs to go.Now.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Symptom of the problem, not the main problem.

Lansdowns & Tinnion are far bigger problems.

If they sell up no one in their right mind employs an illiterate Geordie in the position he currently occupies at any football league club.

I’m not impressed by him but in my wish list he’d be third in line to leave.

I think the problem is order of operations.

Of the three you mention (and I broadly agree Mannings last), JL is least easy to dispose of (not Sopranos style). But it is relatively easy to get rid of Tinnion and even easier to get rid of Manning - and let’s be frank, he is absolute pony. 

The most realistic short term scenario that could benefit the club is SL deciding that Jon and Brian had made such a mess of things that he had to remove them from more hands on operations. So he sacks Tinnion, sacks Manning and JL stays on board as chairman but butts the hell out and we employ people who know what they’re doing football wise. Won’t be of the calibre of a Richard Gould or dare I say a Nigel Pearson but literally anyone could do a better job than Tinnion and Manning.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, Silvio Dante said:

I think the problem is order of operations.

Of the three you mention (and I broadly agree Mannings last), JL is least easy to dispose of (not Sopranos style). But it is relatively easy to get rid of Tinnion and even easier to get rid of Manning - and let’s be frank, he is absolute pony. 

The most realistic short term scenario that could benefit the club is SL deciding that Jon and Brian had made such a mess of things that he had to remove them from more hands on operations. So he sacks Tinnion, sacks Manning and JL stays on board as chairman but butts the hell out and we employ people who know what they’re doing football wise. Won’t be of the calibre of a Richard Gould or dare I say a Nigel Pearson but literally anyone could do a better job than Tinnion and Manning.

Good post.

I think the Sopranos option shouldn’t be discounted…

Sadly I just don’t think SL is interested any more, the only thing that might attract his attention is if his investment decreases in value & even on a poor run we’re virtually safe, so it would have to be a big drop in ST sales and/or attendances.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

No polls. No hoping for the best.  

He’s either hopelessly out of his depth or he’s just not cut out to be a football manager at this level. 

I'm beginning to think we only gave him the job because he looks a bit like Eddie Howe.

• Haha 11

So whats everyone going to do then?

Turn up every week, get excited by the odd win in three?

Clap politely and be thankful for a really nice ground and a pleasant day out?

Buy into our youngsters that are pushed on us like they are actually Championship ready?

Laugh at some childish social media content?

As a fanbase we are so tepid and passive its untrue.

Its why these clowns are still in post and can afford to make these stupid decisions like the clubs core does not matter.

We are part of the problem.

• Like 8
  • Confused 2
  • Flames 4

29 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Symptom of the problem, not the main problem.

Lansdowns & Tinnion are far bigger problems.

If they sell up no one in their right mind employs an illiterate Geordie in the position he currently occupies at any football league club.

I’m not impressed by him but in my wish list he’d be third in line to leave.

100%, whatever happens the Technical Director has to have his arse kicked out of it.

• Flames 1

Not to get all philosophical after a few Madris but here goes.

This is the primary issue with the way football clubs are run near globally - there is a mealy mouthed attempt (at least in the UK) to weed out chancers but there's nothing really to stop a despot from running it exactly to his own whims once they're in power. God help you if they're established and have been there a while. 

Just now, TomThumb84 said:

So whats everyone going to do then?

Turn up every week, get excited by the odd win in three?

Clap politely and be thankful for a really nice ground and a pleasant day out?

Buy into our youngsters that are pushed on us like they are actually Championship ready?

Laugh at some childish social media content?

As a fanbase we are so tepid and passive its untrue.

Its why these clowns are still in post and can afford to make these stupid decisions like the clubs core does not matter.

We are part of the problem.

This is exactly it. What are we going to do? We all going to chuck a fiver in for a boat and storm Guernsey as an armed milita? There's NOTHING we can do to change the course if Lansdown decides this is how he wants to run it. 

Nothing changes til the Lansdowns and their peons are given the heave ho into the river and replaced with some ambitious owners, and some staff with some actual experience, football nous, and ability. Til then, enjoy League One and low-end Championship football. 

The bed wetters need to calm down imo. Was always going to take time to transition from a counter attacking team to one that has control so it's not really a surprise we've had a downturn. Manning has had next to no time on the grass to implement his coaching so has prioritised out of possession work which has largely been good. 

let's give him a pre season and a transfer window to try and get a few players that can handle the ball then see what he can do-if we haven't shown a tangible improvement by October then I agree he would need to go.

Stick some new sheets on and calm down!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 12

Just now, ZiderEyed said:

Not to get all philosophical after a few Madris but here goes.

This is the primary issue with the way football clubs are run near globally - there is a mealy mouthed attempt (at least in the UK) to weed out chancers but there's nothing really to stop a despot from running it exactly to his own whims once they're in power. God help you if they're established and have been there a while. 

This is exactly it. What are we going to do? We all going to chuck a fiver in for a boat and storm Guernsey as an armed milita? There's NOTHING we can do to change the course if Lansdown decides this is how he wants to run it. 

Nothing changes til the Lansdowns and their peons are given the heave ho into the river and replaced with some ambitious owners, and some staff with some actual experience, football nous, and ability. Til then, enjoy League One and low-end Championship football. 

Stop going.

Stop buying.

Its the only way.

Just now, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

The bed wetters need to calm down imo. Was always going to take time to transition from a counter attacking team to one that has control so it's not really a surprise we've had a downturn. Manning has had next to no time on the grass to implement his coaching so has prioritised out of possession work which has largely been good. 

let's give him a pre season and a transfer window to try and get a few players that can handle the ball then see what he can do-if we haven't shown a tangible improvement by October then I agree he would need to go.

Stick some new sheets on and calm down!

Thanks Brian.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

16 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

He's not up to the job, he certainly doesn't warrant a " war chest" .

I've seen us play under every manager since Fred Ford and he's comfortably the worst by far, on every metric..........tactics, style of play, in game management, communication, signings, connection with the fans, and his absolving himself of any responsibility whatsoever for the total shitshow we are witnessing. 

He needs to go.Now.

I completely agree CR -  I’m just speculating about what the hierarchy are probably thinking.

They won’t want anymore egg on their faces after all the shit they got after sacking Nige

Edited by Robbored