IGNORED

The End of the Beginning and the Beginning of the end

13 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Well, with Ian Gay stating (assumedly through Tinnion) that Liam has 8 games to save his job, I think we can reasonably say we’re nearing endgame. A couple of weeks ago I was of the mind to give Liam until the end of the season and see if we continually improved in a few key areas (game management, speed of play, bravery) - but we’ve regressed and I think the ship has now sailed.

What we can glean is that those above Liam (assuming SL) aren’t happy with what’s gone before, and we know wins of the nature of Swansea won’t butter any parsnips.

So, in those 8 games somehow Liam needs to markedly improve results (probably to playoff form) and performance not to get the sack. I don’t think that’s happening - and the way we’re setting up even if we meet point one we’re not getting point two.

It’s the end of the beginning and the beginning of the end. I’ve got no real doubt he won’t be here at the start of the season considering what he’ll need to do. It’s probably done in the next 3 games in practical terms.

And for avoidance of doubt, there is no way Tinnion should then be caretaker and he should be getting the archer as well.

Where has Ian “leaked” this. I see his tweets are protected again but haven’t seen what he said. 

In relation to it, 8 games are pointless, we’ve seen 24 of them under LM to know what we’re getting/going to get- do it now IMO! 

• Like 5
  • Flames 2

3 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Where has Ian “leaked” this. I see his tweets are protected again but haven’t seen what he said. 

In relation to it, 8 games are pointless, we’ve seen 24 of them under LM to know what we’re getting/going to get- do it now IMO! 

If it's Tinnion until the end of the season it makes no difference. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Exactly. They are eight games someone else could be overseeing and breathing some life back into the place. 

5 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

Exactly. They are eight games someone else could be overseeing and breathing some life back into the place. 

It'll be Tinnion until the season's end while they conduct a 'rigourous process'.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Only frustrating thing is what the hell is that going to do for Liam finding out or being told he has 8 games ?! Either sack or back the bloke don't do this whole limbo thing .. not good for players nor staff, I feel for him but as JP said it's the way this has been set up.. was doomed to fail 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Well, with Ian Gay stating (assumedly through Tinnion) that Liam has 8 games to save his job, I think we can reasonably say we’re nearing endgame. A couple of weeks ago I was of the mind to give Liam until the end of the season and see if we continually improved in a few key areas (game management, speed of play, bravery) - but we’ve regressed and I think the ship has now sailed.

What we can glean is that those above Liam (assuming SL) aren’t happy with what’s gone before, and we know wins of the nature of Swansea won’t butter any parsnips.

So, in those 8 games somehow Liam needs to markedly improve results (probably to playoff form) and performance not to get the sack. I don’t think that’s happening - and the way we’re setting up even if we meet point one we’re not getting point two.

It’s the end of the beginning and the beginning of the end. I’ve got no real doubt he won’t be here at the start of the season considering what he’ll need to do. It’s probably done in the next 3 games in practical terms.

And for avoidance of doubt, there is no way Tinnion should then be caretaker and he should be getting the archer as well.

Maybe this was Tinnion’s grand plan all along…..return to the hot seat. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

Sorry if this is a stupid question (I’m new here but been stalking the forums for a while without an account) but who is Ian Gay and why do people think he has inside info? Heard his comment on SOTC and didn’t know if it was just his own opinion 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Show Me The Money! said:

Before appointing Tinnion 😆😆☹️😪

This - is the only reason I want LM given more time. 
I’m not happy with things at the club -  either on nor off the field, but replacing Liam with another Jon Lansdown appointment - or Tinnion - is scarier to me than hoping LM can turn things around. 

• Like 3

Tinnion, Jon Lansdown should be out or redeployed come what may. Without a fit for purpose structure you won't progress behind a certain point without a lot of luck.

(Nottingham Forest seem a shambles but progressed despite this but got some huge fortune with officiating 2 years ago).

You never know, something may click in the last 8 but really all 3 out or the first 2 redeployed and Manning out.

14 minutes ago, Sea Basso said:

Sorry if this is a stupid question (I’m new here but been stalking the forums for a while without an account) but who is Ian Gay and why do people think he has inside info? Heard his comment on SOTC and didn’t know if it was just his own opinion 

Ian used to post on here many years ago, and his opinion was fact, and the only one that mattered. Even if you had evidence showing him he was wrong, he'd still be right in his own little world. 

He was very good at stating he had inside information, but in fact it was usually just stating the bleedin' obvious. A bit like stating that Manning has to start showing something over the next x amount of games or he'll be given the boot. It doesn't take a genius to figure that one out.

Ian Gay loves Ian Gay, and is his own biggest fan. I once stated that he could start an argument in an empty room, and I stand by that.

He probably (still) knows just about as much as me or you. He just gets himself a lot of airtime and makes it sound like he knows what he's talking about. I wonder if he's started going to games in recent years....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Hmmm 2
  • Flames 1