IGNORED

Leicester City at home match thread

25 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

fwiw, I still believe that Pearson was released mainly due to his health situation, but the club agreed to keep this out of the media due to respecting his privacy wishes.  I've heard that from quite a few people and it stacks up with the fact NP isn't straight back into management, and probably won't be for a while longer. 

They were itching to sack him. Pearson was agitating for a new contract! 

• Like 12
1 hour ago, 22A said:

From the Leicester forum; https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/134396-local-info-for-those-heading-to-bristol-city/
Do NOT USE M4/M32 route and don't try to negotiate the roads and streets of Bristol YOU WILL GET LOST

Bristol may have a poor Championship club but at least we’re famous for the awful road system 

Paradoxically I am looking forward to the match! It would give a clear indication of how far we have to go to get anywhere near the aspirations of a club like Leicester.

Will we see any improvement on and off the pitch? Especially as he's had more coaching time to get his "behaviours" into the players? Sadly, I don't think so. But I am prepared to be surprised.

Sadly, for him, this could be a chastening experience for which will take him a long time to recover from.

This could be the start of the catalyst that ends his short reign here.  

2 hours ago, reddogkev said:

fwiw, I still believe that Pearson was released mainly due to his health situation, but the club agreed to keep this out of the media due to respecting his privacy wishes.  I've heard that from quite a few people and it stacks up with the fact NP isn't straight back into management, and probably won't be for a while longer. 

If that was genuinely the case then you just bring in a replacement manager, keep the staff and go for continuity. Or you just give Nige the season off and tell him that if he's alright by June we'll look at a new contract. Curtis and Euell would have been able to deliver a lot more than Manning has. You seem to have ignored the front foot comments made by Sid, the deconditioning and the "better chance of success" comment from Crayon Boy that clearly demonstrate it was a SACKING..........of the entire staff, none of which, apart from Nige, had medical problems.

• Like 14
3 hours ago, TV Tom said:

Who are the ‘dross’ players that Pearson signed that you are referring to?

We cannot keep hiring and firing managers. It’s time to consolidate and face up to facts that we are a Mid table championship side. It’s time to support the manager and the club and team and forget all about Pearson time. Will tell if the hierarchy have made the wrong decision come on you reds

• Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Facepalm 6
8 minutes ago, Topper 123 said:

We cannot keep hiring and firing managers.

completely agree, but let’s start that strategy with Manning’s replacement.  Get the right man in and stick with them.

It’s time to consolidate and face up to facts that we are a Mid table championship side.

we don’t have to be though, we could be a Premier League team.

It’s time to support the manager and the club and team and forget all about Pearson time. Will tell if the hierarchy have made the wrong decision come on you reds

imho I’ve had enough time, they made the wrong decision with Manning.

⬆️⬆️⬆️

• Like 6
4 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

So I see people aren't staying away from the Gate after all then...

We'll find out tomorrow. There are normally plenty of empty seats in the South Stand whatever. I think you might see a few stay away for the last three home games though, whatever happens tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Robin 1
2 hours ago, brad blit said:

I see Nigel is one of the Sky Sports presenters tomorrow, but he's commenting on the later Champ games. Im sure Sky would have contacted him initially asking to commentate on a game with 2 of his previous clubs, but wonder if there is an 'agreement/clause' that he cannot participate in any Bristol City engagements for a period of time.

More likely that Nigel has shown his class and declined to commentate on our game so soon after his dismissal - any analysis that was critical of our play could come over as sour grapes . Whatever we think of Manning and his awful football Nigel probably respects him as a fellow manager and wants to let him get on with his job without his predessor commenting on his performance.

Did Cott's ever cover our games after he was sacked, I don't recall any?

• Like 2
  • Flames 1
8 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

More likely that Nigel has shown his class and declined to commentate on our game so soon after his dismissal - any analysis that was critical of our play could come over as sour grapes . Whatever we think of Manning and his awful football Nigel probably respects him as a fellow manager and wants to let him get on with his job without his predessor commenting on his performance.

Did Cott's ever cover our games after he was sacked, I don't recall any?

There was that game when LJ wouldn’t shake his hand? Live on telly

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

I can see us getting something out of this one, on the basis that we seem to up our game against the better teams.

There will then be another reprieve for The Manningbot Artificial Unitelligence, possibly a mural, open top bus tour and commemorative kit.

Definitely commemorative kit, and probably a walk around the ground

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Topper 123 said:

We cannot keep hiring and firing managers. It’s time to consolidate and face up to facts that we are a Mid table championship side. It’s time to support the manager and the club and team and forget all about Pearson time. Will tell if the hierarchy have made the wrong decision come on you reds

But we don’t? We fire managers so infrequently. And partly because of this we often (always :laugh:) back the wrong horses, who then land us with a load of players who are surplus to requirements. We’re a cushy club (Marley “training is too much like hard work” Watkins for example).

I don’t want to mention the lord god our saviour Nigel Pearson over the Easter weekend and all, but whatever you thought of him, he changed the culture of the club. We were no longer cushy Bristol City.

And now, with JL and BT looking after footballing matters, we’ll be cushy again.

Thus the cycle repeats under cyclical Steve. It’s all so predictable.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

⬆️⬆️⬆️

completely agree, but let’s start that strategy with Manning’s replacement. Get the right man in and stick with them.

" Get the right man in". There's the problem right there - Jon and BT picked Manning, SL picked LJ,  between them they just can't get it right - and when they occasionally do as in the case of Cott's and Nige,  SL screws it up by shooting the messenger who tells him what needs to be done.

• Like 6
1 minute ago, exAtyeoMax said:

There was that game when LJ wouldn’t shake his hand? Live on telly

I'd forgotten that, shows what an egotistical **** LJ is.

I also recall Danny Wilson ( I know I've done it now- sorry) avoiding shaking Tinnion's hand after the game on his first time back with (I think) MK

• Like 1
Just now, DaveInSA said:

But we don’t? We fire managers so infrequently. And partly because of this we often (always :laugh:) back the wrong horses, who then land us with a load of players who are surplus to requirements. We’re a cushy club (Marley “training is too much like hard work” Watkins for example).

I don’t want to mention the lord god our saviour Nigel Pearson over the Easter weekend and all, but whatever you thought of him, he changed the culture of the club. We were no longer cushy Bristol City.

And now, with JL and BT looking after footballing matters, we’ll be cushy again.

Thus the cycle repeats under cyclical Steve. It’s all so predictable.

So you bring in someone else he wants his own entourage then he wants to change style of play and who’s to say he’s any better what we need is stability and marquee signings in the summer not 5 division 1 players but a striker 10 million at least and also a good keeper 

doesn’t matter who runs these players their mid table at best pep would struggle to get a tune out of em 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 4
4 hours ago, DaveInSA said:

On the one had a massive defeat could hammer another nail in the Manning coffin.

On the other hand I hate seeing us lose games and would love us to beat the best team in the division at home.

And on my other foot Manning won’t be fired this year regardless.

A hammering, a rendition of 'you don't know what you're doing' and a post match interview with Binman telling us we're on track.

And Southampton gets a mention,.......again

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, reddogkev said:

That is certainly my take on it also

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 5
4 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Well I don't think Mehmeti and Cornflake are any match for the likes of Semenyo or Scott, are they.

So you’re telling me that 2 players we signed for a combined fee of £1.5m aren’t nearly as good as two that we sold for £35m?

This is the sort of insight I look for on OTIB.

Thanks.

• Like 2
  • Haha 8
3 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Don’t want to jump on you for this and I’m sure you have your reasons for believing this and have heard people say as much, but I think it’s very obvious that was not the issue. 
 NP wasn’t private about his health issues, it was mentioned often and he was open about it. If that was really the reason why not do what they did with Mowbray and have Flemming caretake. 
 No, we all saw what happened and it doesn’t take a genius to see what unfolded.     They didn’t like NP, he was too hot to handle, he’s done what he was asked to do and they wanted him gone.  

• Like 5
  • Flames 1
8 minutes ago, JP Hampton said:

Don’t want to jump on you for this and I’m sure you have your reasons for believing this and have heard people say as much, but I think it’s very obvious that was not the issue. 
 NP wasn’t private about his health issues, it was mentioned often and he was open about it. If that was really the reason why not do what they did with Mowbray and have Flemming caretake. 
 No, we all saw what happened and it doesn’t take a genius to see what unfolded.     They didn’t like NP, he was too hot to handle, he’s done what he was asked to do and they wanted him gone.  

I think Nige's health was an issue in so much as he wasn't feeling great and probably said some things he would have normally kept to himself when he was ok, and as a result his relationship with the owners was broken.

1 hour ago, CodeRed said:

I'd forgotten that, shows what an egotistical **** LJ is.

I also recall Danny Wilson ( I know I've done it now- sorry) avoiding shaking Tinnion's hand after the game on his first time back with (I think) MK

Difference was there was a good reason for that one. Allegedly.