IGNORED

Leicester City at home match thread

2 minutes ago, DaveInSA said:

I’ve experienced negativity in my time. And then there’s now. I’m a glass half full kind of person. But there’s literally nothing to be positive about at BCFC right now.

I’ve changed my mind - hope we get battered today. We’re sleep walking into disaster, so let’s rather speed it up.

I want change, but can never agree with this mindset. I'm a Bristol city fan first and foremost, I want us to win every game

• Like 5
53 minutes ago, marmite said:

Not going or watching on TV. Soooo disillusioned.  Mrs Marmite said "what's up with you?". I said I'm fine, it's the club that's sick. 

I'm with you. At home today and all I need to do is switch the telly on but I've decided I'd rather do some decorating. Not sure I'll bother with another game this season, completely disillusioned like you say. 

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, DaveInSA said:

I’ve experienced negativity in my time. And then there’s now. I’m a glass half full kind of person. But there’s literally nothing to be positive about at BCFC right now.

I’ve changed my mind - hope we get battered today. We’re sleep walking into disaster, so let’s rather speed it up.

Pathetic.

• Like 6
Just now, Super said:

Pathetic.

Why is that pathetic? I think his point is take a hammering to speed up the removal of this hopeless manager and perhaps send a message to this board and technical director that they don't have a clue. I'm inclined to agree that's better for us in the long run than another few months of drift and a relegation dogfight next season. 

• Like 5

I would love to see us win today but if it goes badly as usual and we are 2 down by half time then would like to see us get battered in the second half, I have never thought like this before but I am so worried for next season if Maning is still in charge so if a heavy loss helps get him gone this season then it's for the greater good,

• Like 12
1 minute ago, winsaw said:

I would love to see us win today but if it goes badly as usual and we are 2 down by half time then would like to see us get battered in the second half, I have never thought like this before but I am so worried for next season if Maning is still in charge so if a heavy loss helps get him gone this season then it's for the greater good,

I agree completely. Did you copy my homework or did I copy yours? 😄 

We just wrote the same type of comment almost simultaneously.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Super said:

Pathetic.

Why?

In my opinion (which I spelled out), this is a slow motion train crash waiting to happen. So let’s rather fast forward the process. Fire Manning. Redeploy Tinnion. Bring in proper people to run the football side of the club and appoint a manger who can progress us upward rather than downward.

If you’re happy to see us relegated next year then good for you. Because that is our current trajectory. And a summer won’t change that, because we can’t afford to buy a new squad of players to play the perfect football match.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1

Hello All!  Obviously I want us to win today, but if we get hammered then I agree with most on here that Manning should go. Especially as it's being shown all over. I really don't think it will happen though and the board will just carry on backing him, because they don't want to lose face, shocking really, slowing watching our beloved club slip back to L1.

I kept saying I wouldn’t go today but never believed it even myself. But here I am, no intention of making the effort today.

I’m not happy about it. Should look forward to match days. The sad reality is we could beat the league leaders 3, 4 or 5 nil today and I just couldn’t care less. In fact, I would probably be more annoyed by a win than anything else, much like the Swansea game.

Yes I’m a bad fan, but please don’t blame me for feeling this way…

• Like 1
  • Flames 1
26 minutes ago, RedJim said:

Why is that pathetic? I think his point is take a hammering to speed up the removal of this hopeless manager and perhaps send a message to this board and technical director that they don't have a clue. I'm inclined to agree that's better for us in the long run than another few months of drift and a relegation dogfight next season. 

That doesn't really make sense though. Win today and he's won four of his last nine, which is actually not such a disastrous record - and on a par with Pearson's last batch of games

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Really couldn't care less what the result is today. I'd prefer a win, but that's it.

It's all about performance, seeing progress, improvements in game management, some indication of some sort of cohesion, and some decent underlying numbers.

If it's just another game in the same mould as the last lot, then **** it.

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, RedJim said:

Wanting the team you are supposed to support to get hammered. Get a grip ffs.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, marmite said:

I'm more interested in the attendance today. I know it's a sell out but the ACTUAL attendance figure will be interesting. I know at least 4 of our 5 seats will be vacant although officially we will be counted.

Well as one of the biggest holiday get away weekends even if NP was here there would be lots of empty seats 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I think Nige being on the later games but not on a game involving two of his former clubs is not a coincidence. 

Pearson was a master at using the media to his/our advantage and I think he's sending a message here which I think is that the club have blocked him from appearing. He was due to cover another of our games earlier on in the season but was replaced by Euell at the last minute. 

Or in the real world Nige got a very good pay off and part of that agreement would be he is not able to.

• Like 1