IGNORED

Leicester City at home match thread

7 hours ago, sugarwray said:

It’s a sell out. We have have had a number of sell outs this season. West Ham, Forest, Leeds and now Leicester are the games I can recall. I am wondering when we had more home sell outs in a season.

Tinnion loves to talk about our sell outs as though our crowds are enjoying the football more under Manning. What he fails to realise is fans want to see ex PL clubs! 

• Like 2
20 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Well I don't think Mehmeti and Cornflake are any match for the likes of Semenyo or Scott, are they.

Love this post.....Cornflake (entirely accurate) made me laugh out loud.

Edited by MelksRed
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

dont care if i never see or hear anything from that man ever again

this is where i think BT might have stirred the pot, everything happened so quickly after he was made TD  and you are 100% right, none of our management/coaching team wanted out,infact,quite the opposite,we werent that far away from pushing on to the next level.

NP openly stated he let the coaches get on with the coaching and didnt interfere with their work,he didnt need to as we had quality doing the job, he oversaw it from a distance so as not to get in peoples faces.

when cotts was in hospital,wilbs kept shrewsbury going,steve kept on trying to help from his hospital bed, Nige would have done the same im sure as they are two of a kind,

how BT can even think he can outdo class like that is beggars belief, so far out of his depth,its unreal and hes caught lansdowns hook line and sinker.

all my own opinion with a bit of factual knowledge  i do have😉

Tinnion and Jon are the problems, Liam is the major symptom. It's that basic. If you don't lance the boil(s) you don't sort the issue. Hopefully I can take more than an hour of Liam's Binary Ball this week.................

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Tinnion and Jon are the problems, Liam is the major symptom. It's that basic. If you don't lance the boil(s) you don't sort the issue. Hopefully I can take more than an hour of Liam's Binary Ball this week.................

good luck, and i really do hope you are rewarded for your loyalty to YOUR TEAM.  that is where im weak, the rest have pissed me off that much, i cant face going down there to cheer the boys on

• Like 2

Our last game against one of the top 4 who have all been very consistent so far.

strangely we haven’t lost by more than a goal in any of the 7 games so far. Can we keep up that record today? Not that I’m hoping for a boring 0-1 defeat. 

16 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

I was happily enjoying my bus ride in to work this morning, when I spied this out of my window. Ruined my day before it got started!

IMG_20240328_074035693.jpg

When it says 'Delays possible', do they mean in getting to the Premiership?

Edited by M.D
  • Haha 1
43 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Am I right in hearing the sell out away end will be singing their support for Nigel Pearson today ???

Blimey, if true imagine a huge majority of the home fans joining in !!!!! 

If we’re losing, especially heavily, I think they will. It’s not like City fans singing Pearson’s name hasn’t happened already since Manning joined. 

Edited by One Team
  • Facepalm 1
20 hours ago, brad blit said:

I see Nigel is one of the Sky Sports presenters tomorrow, but he's commenting on the later Champ games. Im sure Sky would have contacted him initially asking to commentate on a game with 2 of his previous clubs, but wonder if there is an 'agreement/clause' that he cannot participate in any Bristol City engagements for a period of time.

I think Nige being on the later games but not on a game involving two of his former clubs is not a coincidence. 

Pearson was a master at using the media to his/our advantage and I think he's sending a message here which I think is that the club have blocked him from appearing. He was due to cover another of our games earlier on in the season but was replaced by Euell at the last minute. 

• Haha 1

Dreading this today , however poorly Leicester play or however well we play I just can’t see us winning or even getting a point , 

can remember like yesterday the 0-4 against Leicester with mcinnes in charge , 0-4 at half time I thought had enough of this gonna go and have a few beers back at the rising sun got back there about 2,000 others had the same idea never seen the rising sun so busy 

Obviously it didn’t happen against Leeds, but like in the Ipswich and Southampton (apparently we beat Southampton???) games I imagine we’ll play better today.

This is overly simplistic, but when we can be reactive we’re still a reasonable team, it’s just when we have to be proactive we’re absolutely useless.

It really is quite sad that you have to wait for games in which the opposition are likely to dominate the ball to feel that you might be even slightly entertained.

1 hour ago, Dolman Block B said:

Am I right in hearing the sell out away end will be singing their support for Nigel Pearson today ???

Blimey, if true imagine a huge majority of the home fans joining in !!!!! 

And with it being on Sky TV too !

The hierarchy’s stupidity exposed to a national/worldwide audience.

The ultimate humiliation.

• Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

Well didn't think I would be going today. First half of the week I was totally wiped out with a very bad case of Norovirus. Unfortunately I woke up early today feeling fine and now able to go. But I have got a really good excuse for leaving early. If you spot anybody vomiting violently in the concourse,  Don't worry it's just me, I'm planning on watching Mannings presser pre match.

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Manning is the problem too.  He’s out of his depth.

He is now using press conferences to try to show he’s working hard with all this stuff about the hours prepping for games.  It isn’t working.  Work smarter, not harder.  He should replace Krause as the coach-analyst, that’s where his passion is.

He is not a football manager regardless of his job title.  Not at this level.  He’s been found out.

• Like 9
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 3

Fair weather fans will be giving this one a second thought.

Another hailstorm in BS3 just now to follow yesterday's epic one which saw my drain overwhelmed, and heavy rain now.

Doubt it will stop them watering the pitch though!

I’ve experienced negativity in my time. And then there’s now. I’m a glass half full kind of person. But there’s literally nothing to be positive about at BCFC right now.

I’ve changed my mind - hope we get battered today. We’re sleep walking into disaster, so let’s rather speed it up.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1