IGNORED

Leicester City at home match thread

1 hour ago, Topper 123 said:

We cannot keep hiring and firing managers. It’s time to consolidate and face up to facts that we are a Mid table championship side. It’s time to support the manager and the club and team and forget all about Pearson time. Will tell if the hierarchy have made the wrong decision come on you reds

He's had enough time.

The guy is clearly out of his depth and out of ideas, so why delay the inevitable ?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1
1 hour ago, harvey54 said:

A hammering, a rendition of 'you don't know what you're doing' and a post match interview with Binman telling us we're on track.

And Southampton gets a mention,.......again

I think we've definitely reached the stage where a large proportion of the crowd will be ready to jump on anything they don't like such as an unnecessary back pass to Max (from a corner probably) and if we do go 2-3 goals down I cannot see it being anything other than unpleasant. My gripe if that happens is that it will all be aimed at Manning whilst the real culprits just sit there in the Directors Box sharpening their knives so they can save their own skin. Whilst I don't feel sorry for Manning in terms of the football he has produced I do feel for him in terms of the way he is going to get shafted by the club. Will probably put the bloke back 2-3 years, career wise, and whilst you can detest his football there is nothing obvious I know of to hate about the man himself.

• Like 10
  • Robin 1
4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Hey, get Keith Dawe back in for a few weeks.  Get a recruitment company in like MRKT.  Or get lucky (perhaps Pharell Williams can help).  I don’t care how.

Hahaha….you mean like Manning?  That is going well isn’t it.  You don’t have to bring an entourage in, nor change style.  Just appoint someone better.  Michael Duff (imho) would be a better fit for the current squad, and I’m sure he’d be happy to take on the staff that remain in the short term.

Do we have stability under Manning?  We are going backwards.  Oh, that’s ok, we are going backwards smoothly.  Arghhhhhh!!!

Well, at times this season, Nigel Pearson had us 7th / 8th!

Sometimes you have to bite the bullet.  Why does change have to be negative?  For me, the bigger risk is keeping Manning.

It's weird isn't it. Had we (as I suggested we might) managed to keep Pearson until the end of this season and made the switch to Manning at that time, and if we then obtained 26 points in the first 23 games of 2024/25 (basically putting us in about 17th at Christmas).

He'd be gone. 

No way we'd keep him and give him January 2025 if that was the outcome of those first 23 games.

But because of the timing of the change and the subsequent collapse, he's given time.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Topper 123 said:

So you bring in someone else he wants his own entourage then he wants to change style of play and who’s to say he’s any better what we need is stability and marquee signings in the summer not 5 division 1 players but a striker 10 million at least and also a good keeper 

doesn’t matter who runs these players their mid table at best pep would struggle to get a tune out of em 

As you've copied Richard Latham and I'm unable to ask him, perhaps you could explain what "Marquee Signing" would come here? Or even contemplate it. You don't just go into Waitrose and buy one off the shelf. "Haven't had a Marquee Signing for a while, shall we treat ourselves Brian?". "Ooh Jon, you're so naughty".

Don't you think that a "Marquee SIgning" comes with "Marquee Expectations"? What I mean by that is they won't come here to finish 16th. They will want to win a medal via promotion and they will want to know who we are signing because telling them we've got Josh Stokes, some lad from St Patricks Athletic and Sam Bell is expected to be fit by October won't attract them, that's a certainty.

It stands to reason that a "Marquee Player" will attract significant interest from other clubs at our level which means we have to COMPETE. What are we going to tell them to stand out from the crowd?.......That we lost 13 of our last 14 last season but don't worry, Liam has got it covered?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Topper 123 said:

We cannot keep hiring and firing managers. It’s time to consolidate and face up to facts that we are a Mid table championship side. It’s time to support the manager and the club and team and forget all about Pearson time. Will tell if the hierarchy have made the wrong decision come on you reds

Well if the current form and PPG attained under LMs reign continues then he will take us from being a mid table championship side to a L1 side.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, ashton_fan said:

I think Nige's health was an issue in so much as he wasn't feeling great and probably said some things he would have normally kept to himself when he was ok, and as a result his relationship with the owners was broken.

Of course it was an issue, but the poster said it was the main issue and I don’t agree. 

I think the relationship was doomed when he said words to the effect of “ that’s no way to run a club” that was before any public knowledge of ill health. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Hey, get Keith Dawe back in for a few weeks.  Get a recruitment company in like MRKT.  Or get lucky (perhaps Pharell Williams can help).  I don’t care how.

Hahaha….you mean like Manning?  That is going well isn’t it.  You don’t have to bring an entourage in, nor change style.  Just appoint someone better.  Michael Duff (imho) would be a better fit for the current squad, and I’m sure he’d be happy to take on the staff that remain in the short term.

Do we have stability under Manning?  We are going backwards.  Oh, that’s ok, we are going backwards smoothly.  Arghhhhhh!!!

Well, at times this season, Nigel Pearson had us 7th / 8th!

Sometimes you have to bite the bullet.  Why does change have to be negative?  For me, the bigger risk is keeping Manning.

It’s the “oh be careful what you wish for” brigade that gets me. You could say that about any change or decision to change, in any and anyone’s walk of life, doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be done. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 3
1 hour ago, JP Hampton said:

It’s the “oh be careful what you wish for” brigade that gets me. You could say that about any change or decision to change, in any and anyone’s walk of life, doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be done. 

That particular brigade got their wish when Nige was fired!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Over the last month , Manning has had so much coaching time , time that in Jan he bemoaned was missing . So if he is to save his job , all that time on the grass needs to start translating into something visible.

Though, it could be that many have already given up on him and the club and really don’t care anymore . 

Trust and respect between the fans and the club has been lost 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1
1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Little snippet that Casa-Grande recalled. With Thomas at Bromley now and possibly Bajic on the way out this summer is it possible he’s on the bench tomorrow or is he just here now as third choice following Thomas going?

Seen that as well. Had been doing well out there as well. 
Would be a strange move to bring him back just to be 3rd choice. 
My first thought was maybe there’s been an injury suffered this week but it could be that they’ve already made a decision regarding Bajic.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Seen that as well. Had been doing well out there as well. 
Would be a strange move to bring him back just to be 3rd choice. 
My first thought was maybe there’s been an injury suffered this week but it could be that they’ve already made a decision regarding Bajic.

Will Buse is back as the Bath number 1 keeper now.

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

So I see people aren't staying away from the Gate after all then...

40 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

I quite fancy going tomorrow. Might have to watch on TV though

Looks like you are

• Haha 3
4 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

I think Nige's health was an issue in so much as he wasn't feeling great and probably said some things he would have normally kept to himself when he was ok, and as a result his relationship with the owners was broken.

Quite possibly, and maybe the club felt as whole he couldn’t fulfil the duties expected of him. What I don’t believe is that this was a mutual agreement.

Never missed so many games in one season & adding tomorrow to the list as well. 

The miserable record we have against recently relegated sides is putting me off, coupled with the early kick off & how early I’d need to leave to park when it’s pretty much a sell out.

I also mentioned this prior to Southampton, so here’s hoping we upset the odds again & give the fans something to cheer about but I’ll be watching it from the pub then off to watch some local stuff at 3.

William Hill offering Evens on Leicester to score the first goal if anyone fancies a bet! 

1 hour ago, sugarwray said:

It’s a sell out. We have have had a number of sell outs this season. West Ham, Forest, Leeds and now Leicester are the games I can recall. I am wondering when we had more home sell outs in a season.

On tickets sold. There will be plenty of season ticket holders not there, myself included . Actual fans in the ground will be well below a sell out imo. 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, sugarwray said:

It’s a sell out. We have have had a number of sell outs this season. West Ham, Forest, Leeds and now Leicester are the games I can recall. I am wondering when we had more home sell outs in a season.

Yet there will be loads of empty seats today 

lots of people will stay away - wait and see 

• Like 1