IGNORED

Can We Get One Singing Area Together?

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Guest djcoakes1
G I guess hes gone to Ibifa, for his hols among the dead...........

I'm back and I'm here to stay and feel all your lifes with joy and hapiness.Unfortunatly my pc broke down so i had to go out and get a nice shinny flashy lights one, Hard luck eh???

Guest WillsbridgeRed
I'm back and I'm here to stay and feel all your lifes with joy and hapiness.Unfortunatly my pc broke down so i had to go out and get a nice shinny flashy lights one, Hard luck eh???

Your PC broke down eh? That's not what I heard

Guest djcoakes1
Your PC broke down eh?  That's not what I heard

well what did you hear then???that i ran off to the circus or something or something

Guest djcoakes1
Well actually it's not what I hear, but what I know.

oh wel just have to blame u for getting me banned then luckly it did happen at the same time as my pc broke.You obviously cant handle a debate and there was me thinking thats the point of a forum

oh wel just have to blame u for getting me banned then luckly it did happen at the same time as my pc broke.You obviously cant handle a debate and there was me thinking thats the point of a forum

hmmm yeh, good debate sleeping.gif

so will you DJ be joining us to help the atmosphere? or are you going to be one who moans about the atmosphere but never does anything about it?

Guest WillsbridgeRed

It was nothing to do with me.

Did make me chuckle though, just shows what a popular child you are!

Oh, my life is complete, one of the chosen few is among us biggrin.gif I can rest easy in my life knowing we have a new user among us.

G will you be joining the masses in G, this season after all? rolleyes.gif S where a lot of the banned ones live wink.gif

Since moving from the East end (great days) I have had my season ticket in the Atyeo and always sing along, trouble is alot of people look at you as if your on something (apart from cider)which doesn't inspire you to join in!!!

I see alot of new faces in the atyeo stand every week and these are I presume floating fans that watch the odd game and don't feel the need or passion to sing hence they don't, and look at you as if you should be in an asylum!!

Times are changing and we need to act fast! I think its a cracking idea to hand out song sheets maybe print some songs in the programme and encourage people to sing and make it the norm rather than "strange"?!

I fear that this topic that some people may see as trivial could result in the Gate getting quieter and quieter, we shouldn't feel the need for singing areas, yes an area for songs to kick off but once started then all to join in?!

Someone earlier commented on Liverpool atmos but I went up for a game against Fulham recently and the place was dead! Maybe this again is the change in culture?

I for one will be singing next season in the Atyeo so anyone that wants to join in feel free!!!!!

COME ON ME BABBERRRSSSS!!!!!! englandsmile4wf.gif

What debate?

How is it a debate when the majority are saying they don't want the band, the band stifle atmosphere etc. etc. and you just come back with everybody loves the band.

That's not debate, that is blind belief in a total untruth.

You are incapable of debate because you do not accept any view other than your own.

I like the band,as long as there not too close.

Yeah I like the band to as long as they're not too close, like about 10 miles away so we can't hear them and so they have no chance of killing off nearly all the songs before they get a chance to spread round the ground.

I'm sure I'm not the only one to notice that the atmosphere was loud with the E block ateyo linking up with the A and B blockers in the dolman and then the rest of the ground joining in on occassions before the band turned up and dragged a lot off the E blockers into the corner of the stand (because it was a new exciting thing at the time), giving a chance for people who aren't so up for singing to take their place in the E block.

So the singers are in the corner which stops any link up with the Dolman and not only that they either can't join in with the band because it's at the wrong pitch or there simply isn't any words or beats to join in with because they are "playing" (banging) something ridiculous! banghead.gif

What makes them think that they can dictate the atmosphere anyway? I for one join in with songs when one or two people are singing their hearts out because they are so passiononate about city that they don't care if people are going to stare at them and think they're on something. This takes a lot more guts and passion than banging some beat on a drum. If we did need a beat of a drum such as that popular CITY song (you know the one I mean), then use the back of the stand!

Sorry to go on but I truely believe this is one of the main reasons why the atmosphere had become what it is.

One of the many Good things about G block is that we're going to be as far away from the band as possible!! We'll never have songs being killed of by the band again biggrin.gif

Take the drums and the trumpets out of the Ateyo for one season and watch/hear the atmosphere develope. People will no longer lose heart because the song gets killed off.

This is my opinion anyway. city.gifcity.gif

I think the band is ace. Can i join?

It's a free country(ish). Do whatever makes you happy.

I love a badly played version of vindaloo on a trumpet as much as the next man! blink.gif

I sit in the atyeo and the band is embarrasing!!

Most people round me think its annoying and it frequently gets cries of "shut the ###### up"!!!

Wouldn't be so bad if the drummers had rythm and they had people who could play instruments!! Also why do they feel the need to just sit and drum out the same beat for ten fifteen mins?! ANNOYING! ranting.gif

I got stuck infront of them at Fulham a few seasons back, was the worst 90 mins ever!

Ok I have been away for sometime from the forum due to uni exams and have just read this topic. I would like to address some points please:

1). we r not people who cannot play instruments u are the ones who cannot we r like grade 8 if u ignore the drummers whos arent but have picked up from us and done very well

2). we r just as passionate starting songs with trumpets and drums do u really know how hard we have to push oursleves on the trumpets??? no u don't so why don't u come n look at my lip after a game?? when we start songs we have to shout our hearts out to with the drum to help us be heard. We are as passionate as any1 else who starts song and i don't believe that is fair

3). we do no dictact the atmosphere, we only start songs when no1 else is singing and its a ghost town. we try n pick up what others are singing and join in but its hard hearing small groups accross a 21,000 seater staidum wouldnt u agree??

4). I'm sick to the death of aruging with people over the atmosphere. half the reason its poor is because of poor attendance, team playing badly, fans gettin to high hopes and expectations and gettin annoyed when we aint winning after like 10 mins!!! i think its about time we all stopped and got together properly instead of arguing wouldnt u agree???

all i want is for people who wanna sing to try n get together or listen to each other!!! it be nice to hear sound from all the stands not one or 2 small groups in each one. lets all stop arguing and get the gate rockin please and get behind the team!!!! whether that means all being in diff places and listening or being in same place!! we have ears and voices so lets use em guys

heres to a rockin atmosphere for 2005/2006 yeah!!! CHEERS have a good summer every1 and thanks for expressing views becuase people don't know what others are thinkin otherwise, some good points made!

chant6ez.gif

We never said you weren't passionate about city and I can't fault your efforts although i can understand why you might have thort that. I just think it takes a lot more guts to sing on your own which encourages others to shout their hearts out than let your drum or trumpet express the passion for you. This is leading by example in terms of the fact it doesn't matter that people might think your on something.

we r not people who cannot play instruments u are the ones who cannot we r like grade 8 if u ignore the drummers whos arent but have picked up from us and done very well

Fair play to you but even if I could play an instrument at garde 8 level I wouldn't play it at ashton gate because I don't think brass bands should be associated with football. They are much more suited to a concert or something.

we do no dictact the atmosphere, we only start songs when no1 else is singing and its a ghost town.

Then why did you even attempt to start songs up in the East End? I remember last season there were enough songs that could have been deafening but were killed of by the band that got on my nerves.

we try n pick up what others are singing and join in but its hard hearing small groups accross a 21,000 seater staidum wouldnt u agree??

Yes I would agree but it doesn't help your cause when someone is playing their trumpet in your ear would you not agree??

I'm sick to the death of aruging with people over the atmosphere. half the reason its poor is because of poor attendance, team playing badly, fans gettin to high hopes and expectations and gettin annoyed when we aint winning after like 10 mins!!!

I'd say the main reasons for the poor atmosphere is the fact we have to sit down and the fact we have a band amongst other unrelated issues to this topic. We played some worse football before the drums and trumpets turned up and had a better atmosphere. I'm not 100% sure but I think even sheffield wednesday have removed their band and we all know about the wednesday band.

i think its about time we all stopped and got together properly instead of arguing wouldnt u agree???

I would agree 100% as long as there are no drums and trumpets around to kill off the songs. we are the G-spot Ashton Gate

Thanks for reading all our different points of views. You have a good summer too mate and "hears" to making ashton gate rock into the "championship" next season. Genuinely, no hard feelings i'm aware that your just trying to improve the atmosphere at ashton gate i just totally disagree that a band does that. city.gifcity.gifcity.gifcity.gif

Ok I have been away for sometime from the forum due to uni exams and have just read this topic. I would like to address some points please:

1). we r not people who cannot play instruments u are the ones who cannot we r like grade 8 if u ignore the drummers whos arent but have picked up from us and done very well

2). we r just as passionate starting songs with trumpets and drums do u really know how hard we have to push oursleves on the trumpets??? no u don't so why don't u come n look at my lip after a game?? when we start songs we have to shout our hearts out to with the drum to help us be heard. We are as passionate as any1 else who starts song and i don't believe that is fair

3). we do no dictact the atmosphere, we only start songs when no1 else is singing and its a ghost town. we try n pick up what others are singing and join in but its hard hearing small groups accross a 21,000 seater staidum wouldnt u agree??

4). I'm sick to the death of aruging with people over the atmosphere. half the reason its poor is because of poor attendance, team playing badly, fans gettin to high hopes and expectations and gettin annoyed when we aint winning after like 10 mins!!! i think its about time we all stopped and got together properly instead of arguing wouldnt u agree???

all i want is for people who wanna sing to try n get together or listen to each other!!! it be nice to hear sound from all the stands not one or 2 small groups in each one. lets all stop arguing and get the gate rockin please and get behind the team!!!! whether that means all being in diff places and listening or being in same place!! we have ears and voices so lets use em guys

heres to a rockin atmosphere for 2005/2006 yeah!!! CHEERS have a good summer every1 and thanks for expressing views becuase people don't know what others are thinkin otherwise, some good points made!

chant6ez.gif

No offence, mate, but the Atyeo atmosphere is lousy enough due to the sit down/shut up/stop swearing/smoking library type fans who infest it already, we really don't need the band all game every game to ruin it further.The band drowns out the noise form other areas when you are in the Atyeo-try singing, for a change.

G Block it looks like its going to be......

If the atyeo is soo losuy and the band not the best in the world..

Then where are all the singers going to go?? this is a genuine concern of mine

Just a guess through reading this topic but...

G Block dolman chant6ez.gifchant6ez.gifcity.gif

Theres a chance here to turn the Ashton Gate atmosphere around. Come and join us. More people in there the merrier in my book. (except drums)

I don't think it is the Ateyo as a stand that is the problem because it did used to be loud. I've said it before and I'll say it again, brass bands shouldn't be related to football.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Still plenty of time to get tickets in G block

I understand there are still LOTS of seats left.

THATS NOT GOOD ENOUGH

All the whining about atmosphere over the last 5 years, and now there is a chance to sort it.

COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Still plenty of time to get tickets in G block

I understand there are still LOTS of seats left.

THATS NOT GOOD ENOUGH

All the whining about atmosphere over the last 5 years, and now there is a chance to sort it.

COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Sorry, that's not convincing enough for me! blushing.gif

Archived