IGNORED

Swindon Tickets

Go Junior GO

Difficult in a situation like this when tickets are limited to split them fairly. No other priority group would have come into play, assuming ST holders got first dibs, as there were probably ST holders who have been left disappointed never mind other groups. There just wasnt enough to filter down to other groups.

Should the club have split he allocation, say two thirds ST holders one third members/regular away travellers? Well that would leave an extra lot of disgruntled ST holders (unless they fit into both categories, ST holder and regular away traveller which would be a bit of a pointless exercise).

I understand why ST holders get priority and believe it right. After all they have paid their money well upfront, months before new signings and a ball has been kicked. They like previous seasons could have been sat in an almost empty stadium watching us struggle at the bottom. They take the rough so should be rewarded when times are good too. And no, even though I am a ST holder I didn't get a ticket.

If this was, in any way, a response to my post RedM then just to clarify that I agree with you. ST holders should and will always take priority.

It's home games in the league or play-offs etc. I am thinking there should be a way of distinguishing the supporter who has been to (say) 10 home and 2 away games from someone who hasn't been to any.

Also even priority between ST holders. Someone with ST AND been to every away game should've been given priority over somebody with ST for whom Swindon is their first away game, imo.

Club's have no interest so long as tickets sell, imo.

If this was, in any way, a response to my post RedM then just to clarify that I agree with you. ST holders should and will always take priority.

It's home games in the league or play-offs etc. I am thinking there should be a way of distinguishing the supporter who has been to (say) 10 home and 2 away games from someone who hasn't been to any.

Also even priority between ST holders. Someone with ST AND been to every away game should've been given priority over somebody with ST for whom Swindon is their first away game, imo.

The problem there is if you make it too complex then you make it even worse.

ST holders that pay their money up front and then run the risk of missing home games should always get priority even if they have only watched 1 game all season. They have stumped their cash up front to acheive this benefit.

I go to most away games as well as have ST, but to be honest, all the cash I spend on that trip goes to the other team, yes the team get my support but they see no fiancial benefit.

Instances like Swindle are few and far between so I don't get all the angst, blame Swindle for not letting us have more tickets rather than the club for only doing what is right at the end of the day.

If we go up and play at larger grounds with bigger capacities for away supporters then I can see the benefits of ST's getting first priority and having a membership scheme for tickets that available after the ST holders have got theirs.

Good point and would not be difficult if the club had a basic computer system, as all away ticket sales are recorded. Unfortunately City's systems have got worse in recent years instead of getting better. (e g Season ticket holders can't even buy a ticket on line for cup matches)

That's too utopian and how far do you continue to subdivide - between ST who buy a bovril in the ground v those who drink natch on the wall and don't contribute to the club on beverage sales etc. I think the club have it exactly right as it is, buy a season ticket get access to early release tickets, end of. If you go to 100% of away games or 5% of away games that does not impact the fact that early bird access to away tickets is a value added item of buying a season ticket and should not be curtailed otherwise it is no longer a value added item.

That is what the old loyalty scheme did and even distinguished between Doncaster on a Tuesday night from Swindon on a Saturday.

But on the Q&A didn't DL say something like this was being reintroduced at some point?

The problem there is if you make it too complex then you make it even worse.

It doesn't have to be complex. Simply award season ticket holders a certain amount of loyalty points for purchasing a season ticket (maybe the amount you would get if you individually bought a ticket for every home game) then award points on a individual game basis for away games and extra cup games. Non season ticket holders simply get awarded points on a individual game basis.

I don't think anyone can seriously suggest that season ticket holders shouldn't get priority but there has to be a way to value other fans support.  I'm not upset that I can't get a ticket to an away game at Swindon-  I'm jealous that I can't be there but understand the reasons behind it. But if I couldn't get a ticket to a final I would be devastated.

That is what the old loyalty scheme did and even distinguished between Doncaster on a Tuesday night from Swindon on a Saturday.

But on the Q&A didn't DL say something like this was being reintroduced at some point?

I can't remember all the details but was the points collected for match tickets and CATS tickets, are people here thinking it should be for any away match attended eg pay on the day and travel by your own means? Very complicated to prove I think and not worth the clubs while as others have said they just want to get rid of tickets, there's nothing in it for them

I can't remember all the details but was the points collected for match tickets and CATS tickets, are people here thinking it should be for any away match attended eg pay on the day and travel by your own means? Very complicated to prove I think and not worth the clubs while as others have said they just want to get rid of tickets, there's nothing in it for them

Season ticket holders would still trump it anyway,

the club are right season ticket holders should always have first prioity of tickets regardless of how many away matchs other fans attend, its part of the benefit of being a ST holder

I do recall that the loyalty points used to be accrued on away tickets purchased in advance only, no additional points for travelling by CATS etc. But POTD (even with ticket as proof) would not be credited for the reasons you mention.

Very simple to understand and police, I'd be very surprised if the 'new' system is any more complicated than this.

I actually still happen to remember that purchasing a season ticket credited you with 10 points. Birmingham (the infamous 'lock in' 1-0 defeat) on a Tuesday night was only worth 1 point and Barnsley?? the following week being 3 (the maximum)

The latest on kick off time is that OB want midday with 1.30 being the likely compromise

The police don't need to and won't "compromise"

If they want a midday kick off, then a midday kick off it will be. Nothing STFC or BCFC say will make any difference.

If it turns out to be 1.30pm kick off then that is what the police will have ordered.

It would be no surprise at all to see kick of made earlier but I'm not sure if there is a time scale in advance that the police need to make that change by..,?

• Admin

The police don't need to and won't "compromise"

If they want a midday kick off, then a midday kick off it will be. Nothing STFC or BCFC say will make any difference.

If it turns out to be 1.30pm kick off then that is what the police will have ordered.

It would be no surprise at all to see kick of made earlier but I'm not sure if there is a time scale in advance that the police need to make that change by..,?

Why do the police need to be involved, surely if they are not in the ground they have no control on the issue?

Can't believe that anything will change with this much short notice

I don't agree with ST holders being the only ones with priority. That's just my view.

I think they should be in a group with priority but there will be ones who go to Swindon and/or Yeovil but couldn't be arsed to go further afield like Fleetwood, Notts County to name two.

Given priority to someone who doesn't attend any away games over many who attend many up and down the country isn't right.

Hence i would like a member scheme on points alongside ST holders so one doesn't get priority over the other

That's my view anyway.

Why do the police need to be involved, surely if they are not in the ground they have no control on the issue?

the police have football clubs over a barrel, while coppers aren't all bad infact there are a few good ones,

those at the head of forces are complete tossers,

They will threaten to withdraw policing for the game which means the match would have to be called off which imo is completey wrong,

What they don;t want is a load of drunk football fans in the centre after the game (the majority will behave but its just too much hassle for the plod)

Wrong but there is nothing ether club could do :(

I don't agree with ST holders being the only ones with priority. That's just my view.

I think they should be in a group with priority but there will be ones who go to Swindon and/or Yeovil but couldn't be arsed to go further afield like Fleetwood, Notts County to name two.

Given priority to someone who doesn't attend any away games over many who attend many up and down the country isn't right.

Hence i would like a member scheme on points alongside ST holders so one doesn't get priority over the other

That's my view anyway.

Unfortunately the club's view is as a way of income, potential season ticket investors must be given first dibs. They do not care that people are also contributing to Fleetwood's or Notts County's coffers and why should they?

People who attend 10-12 games at AG plus several away being put on the same level of priority as somebody who has never watched City in their lives, I find very illogical. But apparently they are addressing that.

That's my view anyway.

Yes it is, because the ST holder purchased that right when they bought a season ticket. Simple.

If we take your argument and flip it thus: if we are in the play offs at the end of the season, it would be reasonable that someone who POTD to 20+ games at AG this season gets a ticket to the home leg in priority to you, because you don't go to home games.

That's my view anyway.

I have no problem with this at all.

As long as membership to this scheme is free for season ticket holders, and non season ticket holders pay between two and four hundred quid to join each year.

It doesn't have to be complex. Simply award season ticket holders a certain amount of loyalty points for purchasing a season ticket (maybe the amount you would get if you individually bought a ticket for every home game) then award points on a individual game basis for away games and extra cup games. Non season ticket holders simply get awarded points on a individual game basis.

I don't think anyone can seriously suggest that season ticket holders shouldn't get priority but there has to be a way to value other fans support.  I'm not upset that I can't get a ticket to an away game at Swindon-  I'm jealous that I can't be there but understand the reasons behind it. But if I couldn't get a ticket to a final I would be devastated.

I assume what your proposing is that for ticket sales there would be a banding system e.g. band 1 - 60 points, band 2 - 40 point, band 3 - 20 points band 4 - anyone.

if that's the case how will I know how many points I have got to be able to phone up on the correct day?

How many people would there be on here saying they phoned/qued for hours only to be hold they don't have enough points, or have 39 points from going to Fleetwood and Colchester but cant get into band 2 and have missed out of tickets, or that for someone in the Midlands its easier and cheaper for them to get points compared to someone who lives in Plymouth so people in Plymouth that support city should get extra points when they do travel? Its a minefield and some people will only ever see it from there own perspective.

I have no problem with this at all.

As long as membership to this scheme is free for season ticket holders, and non season ticket holders pay between two and four hundred quid to join each year.

Depending on where they sit in what stand when they attend Ashton gate?

Very difficult to stagger when the number of ST holders at various away games won't be easily incremental. Don't forget the tickets only went on sale two weeks before the game, so you would need structured selling periods to allow those STs with more 'points' or whatever to go, before setting aside a fair amount of time for general sale if any make it through. I'm not sure it's feasible.

I hope it isn't changed and don't think it will be at this stage.

My point was just saying that if the police wanted it changed, as is being suggested, then it would be changed. No question and no compromise.

Very difficult to stagger when the number of ST holders at various away games won't be easily incremental. Don't forget the tickets only went on sale two weeks before the game, so you would need structured selling periods to allow those STs with more 'points' or whatever to go, before setting aside a fair amount of time for general sale if any make it through. I'm not sure it's feasible.

It is at clubs like Everton and Tottenham.

1st Nov - ST holders with 5 away stubs

2nd Nov - ST holders with 4 away stubs

Etc

6th Nov - ST holders

7th Nov - Membership priority on what is left.

8th Nov - General sale

No contention between supporters, they know it is what it is.

Archived