IGNORED

Season ticket prices 2016/2017

Snufflelufagus

7 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

The Premier League rulebook states 10 per cent must be 'made available'. So there would be at least some disruption.

But it looks like clubs are wiping their arses with the rulebook then ! There is the old "health and safety" counter to that which is why you never see 6000 away fans at a PL game at Arenal or 7500 at Old Trafford.

1 minute ago, Loon plage said:

But it looks like clubs are wiping their arses with the rulebook then ! There is the old "health and safety" counter to that which is why you never see 6000 away fans at a PL game at Arenal or 7500 at Old Trafford.

Sorry I just edited having missed something out. It's only 10% for stadia 30k and under. But in our case, that would mean some movement.

5 minutes ago, hodge said:

If we were likely to sell out the home allocation next season with fans in the Atyeo I'd agree it wouldn't be needed but given we likely won't we will have lots of empty seats in the home end.

Mate I think we'll just have to agree to disagree. From what I've read I don't think any of us are going to change each others minds.

I just hope you're wrong and we will certainly get close to filling the ground. For that to happen we need a decent close season with players in and the club to be realistic on pricing and marketing. If that doesnt happen I'm afraid you will be proved right.

2 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Sorry I just edited having missed something out. It's only 10% for stadia 30k and under. But in our case, that would mean some movement.

I'm focussing on staying in this league at the moment ! You could give 3000 in the Atyeo and still keep 1000 City in there if we actually did it right one time and got into the Prem though.

4 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

In that case I'm struggling to understand why the obvious solution is not being applied.  It would seem crazy to compromise the whole design of the ground on the whim of fans who have occupied the Atyeo for a mere two seasons, without good reason.

100% agree! Why we have to pander to a small group of fans is beyond me. I'm up for consultation with fans but to change a part of planning ( away fans) to pander to a group of fans who seem to want everything for less. Just give the Atyeo to away fans and let everyone else choose where to sit in the other three stands.

5 minutes ago, Spoons said:

100% agree! Why we have to pander to a small group of fans is beyond me. I'm up for consultation with fans but to change a part of planning ( away fans) to pander to a group of fans who seem to want everything for less. Just give the Atyeo to away fans and let everyone else choose where to sit in the other three stands.

We 'pander' to other groups of supporter far less in number such as community corner, corporate etc. They basically have purpose built facilities. Our singers have never had that in the rebuild, there's more of them and they have much more of a positive impact on the pitch.

Apologies if this has already been suggested but why can't the singers move to the south stand where the current family section is? As been mentioned the family section can be moved elsewhere. Just feel with reduced home fans in the atyeo best season as believe it will only be 1000, atmosphere will get worse where as in the corner of the south stand it will start off others singing around the 3 connected stands? Then the away fans can have the whole of the atyeo. 

Im currently in the atyeo but would happily to move even if it does mean sitting but helps with a better atmosphere overall. 

5 minutes ago, Spoons said:

1.Why are you pandering ?

2.What discomfort does it  cause you for City fans to be in the Atyeo?

3.How much does it cost you financially ?

Answer to all three is fackall  so stop getting your drawers in a twist over something the club clearly considers a non issue.

2 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

I'm focussing on staying in this league at the moment ! You could give 3000 in the Atyeo and still keep 1000 City in there if we actually did it right one time and got into the Prem though.

No you cannot. The Atyeo capacity is now approx 4,000 so with 500 seats for segregation and 1,000 City there that leaves 2,500 for away which is below the 10% of total capacity rule for league matches.

Thus, unfortunately, we would be refusing 200 (approx) away fans entry even though there will be empty seats elsewhere. And if we have a home FA Cup tie, the away team is entitled to 15% of total capacity which will be 4,050. Then those home fans will have to move anyway.

Common sense really does say only away fans in the Atyeo. Don't shoot me down chaps I'm just pointing out the problems.

Of course the club could of showed a bit of forward planning here,it was clear that the Atyeo was only ever meant  to be a temporary solution,and could of earmarked a section elsewhere in the ground for a "singing section" and sold this years season tickets in that section with a understanding that it was going to become the home end ,as it were.

2 hours ago, Just Red said:

The problem is the Atyeo now becomes an exclusive club. Its not a long term solution in my mind. Thousands will vacate the SS this season. Perfect time to return to our home end. Really really poor decision and one I feel will be regretted in future.

Ridiculous decision!!

3 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

1.Why are you pandering ?

2.What discomfort does it  cause you for City fans to be in the Atyeo?

3.How much does it cost you financially ?

Answer to all three is fackall  so stop getting your drawers in a twist over something the club clearly considers a non issue.

All the extra effort and expense for the club to go to just to keep 800-1000 fans happy ?? I probably pay more for my ticket so Atyeo tickets can be subsided. So I think I'm allowed a say.

1 minute ago, NOTBLUE said:

Of course the club could of showed a bit of forward planning here,it was clear that the Atyeo was only ever meant  to be a temporary solution,and could of earmarked a section elsewhere in the ground for a "singing section" and sold this years season tickets in that section with a understanding that it was going to become the home end ,as it were.

Yep. This determination to have a horseshoe concourse is a bit of a pain. It's ludicrous to have home fans behind a goal but logistic dictates it happens often. Newcastle have the right idea.

We had an opportunity to get this right but didn't use it. 

53 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Where do the singers go? Why would we want 3000 of them able to make noise unopposed behind a goal?

Well... You said yourself you would like to see A and B, for example, of the Dolman allocated to away support but admitted the stand is not set up for it. So where else? 

As for the qty of tickets; a lot of people seem to want to limit the away tickets to as little as possible without stopping to realise that other clubs will either complain and the Football League will force our hand or they will reciprocate and that would mean potentially thousands of City fans being locked out of stadia up and down the country. We cannot really have our cake and eat it.

9 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

We 'pander' to other groups of supporter far less in number such as community corner, corporate etc. They basically have purpose built facilities. Our singers have never had that in the rebuild, there's more of them and they have much more of a positive impact on the pitch.

you completly over state the impact our 'singers' have on the pitch/ players.

2 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

No you cannot. The Atyeo capacity is now approx 4,000 so with 500 seats for segregation and 1,000 City there that leaves 2,500 for away which is below the 10% of total capacity rule for league matches.

Thus, unfortunately, we would be refusing 200 (approx) away fans entry even though there will be empty seats elsewhere. And if we have a home FA Cup tie, the away team is entitled to 15% of total capacity which will be 4,050. Then those home fans will have to move anyway.

Common sense really does say only away fans in the Atyeo. Don't shoot me down chaps I'm just pointing out the problems.

Why 500 segregation seats ? Just asking.

I have always believed the extent of segregation in AG compared to some potentially volatile PL games is ridiculous nso wonder if so many as 500 would be taken out..

31 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Away numbers in the PL are generally very low, one reason often given why arrests are down, and why there is often much more 'vociferous' support, not just in numbers, at F.A. Cup games.

I believe most PL clubs go by the rule of giving 10%, but up to a maximum of 3,000, and as far as I'm aware Man.Utd are no different.

They want to sell as many ST's as possible, so in reality Man.Utd. give no more away tickets than other PL club's with half their capacity.

City fans hoping for expecting huge away allocations if we ever get to the PL are going to be sorely disappointed.

A minor edit, Noggers (I know what you meant !).

Good news, because the last thing we want is the ground filled with plastic, armchair Man U & Liverpool "supporters", with Bristol accents !

Standing aside from it, it looks logical to have the Atyeo all as away if starting from a clean sheet of paper. Bigger games, no one has to move, etc, etc. 

We do not start from a clean sheet however. It seems the souls in that part have been moved around year to year, and as long as the club insists it could only then be Dolman A & B, then that was going to create a whole series of other issues. Given this is our ground, and this is the outcome that affects our fans least, it seems the least undesirable compromise.

Unhappy it all has to shift for big cup games, but there you go. May be very good reasons why if could not work, but if we had a massive away following in the cup, rather than shift the Atyeo lot out, any reason why we could not turn it around and shift out the away fans, take over the whole end, and stick the away fans on the top tier of the south stand?

1 minute ago, Spoons said:

All the extra effort and expense for the club to go to just to keep 800-1000 fans happy ?? I probably pay more for my ticket so Atyeo tickets can be subsided. So I think I'm allowed a say.

It's not just those fans involved. I've never been in the EE, Williams Corner or Atyeo but happily admit those fans are the sole atmosphere creators in the ground, it's a morgue otherwise with very very occasional crescendos of noise when play dictates. That is rubbish and a terrible shame. They improve the atmosphere experience for me just by doing what they do, I'm sure others agree and I want them housed somewhere good. You don't speak on behalf of everyone else!!

The cheap tickets are the CLUB's choice as has been repeated many times, that group haven't lobbied for them. 

2 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Why 500 segregation seats ? Just asking.

I have always believed the extent of segregation in AG compared to some potentially volatile PL games is ridiculous nso wonder if so many as 500 would be taken out..

500 is just my guess at the seat loss due to segregation. It could be less. Or more?

2 hours ago, bris red said:

Ive said all along the upper tier of the West stand is the best place for them. 

That's all good and well except for the poor Bristol City fans sat below them while they throw all sorts of things down at them. Atyeo should be solely for away fans. It makes the most sense. 

1 minute ago, cidered abroad said:

500 is just my guess at the seat loss due to segregation. It could be less. Or more?

Atyeo has I think 26 rows? 10 seat segregation band would mean a sacrifice of approx 260 seats.  Is this about what you need?

If so then you've got room for 2,700 away fans plus about 1,040 home fans.  Most matches you'd be able to shrink that away allocation and have possibly up to 1,700 home fans in the Atyeo making noise and improving the atmosphere for the team and the other 15,000 Bristolians in attendance.

6 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It's not just those fans involved. I've never been in the EE, Williams Corner or Atyeo but happily admit those fans are the sole atmosphere creators in the ground, it's a morgue otherwise with very very occasional crescendos of noise when play dictates. That is rubbish and a terrible shame. They improve the atmosphere experience for me just by doing what they do, I'm sure others agree and I want them housed somewhere good. You don't speak on behalf of everyone else!!

The cheap tickets are the CLUB's choice as has been repeated many times, that group haven't lobbied for them. 

well why cant the singers sing in one of the other 3 stands? There's plenty of seats to go around

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Potentially that would be the dearest place in the stadium to sit, or perhaps the 2nd most expensive behind the lower Williams? Not sure if the Atyeo fans would want to make that leap? Surely the new Williams is our showpiece stand, the Dolman has been revamped 'below stairs' but up above although the view is good the cramped seating and poor exits make it very much the Williams' poor cousin.

not sure if we can stick the away fans in their either, can we make them pay higher than our tickets?

M, I was simply addressing WTMS's comment, which I disagreed with, that other solutions would inconvenience other home supporters.  This is one that impacts no other current ST arrangements.

10 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Do you subsidise prices in the Atyeo?

Where do you sit - the SS ?

If so do SC holders in the Dolman subsidise you ?

If you're in the Dolman will the SC holders in the new stand subsidise you instead?

Oh and what extra effort and expense? Just asking.

Archived