IGNORED

Kodija - Departs for 11 Million (Merged)

mozo

If, and its a big "if" there is some truth in this, there is no way the club would sanction the sell of Kodjia without having a top replacement lined up for him.

I'm not on about Tomlin, he,s a totally different type of player.

Would be terribly disappointed because 20 goals in his first season, in a new country was simply outstanding. He could be the leagues top scorer this campaign.

Saying that, anything over 6 million cannot be sniffed at.

Its a difficult one but hope he stays

The rumour (and of course it is just that) which sees Pearce and Blackman come the other way makes sense on many levels, plus of course we may lose him for some of January now he has thrown his lot in with Ivory Coast.

Personally though I think it is bollocks..

They can keep Nick Blackman. Wasn't great before this year. Last year of contract has an amazing 5 months. Gets his big move and presumably wages and disappears again. No thanks. Johnny Russell or Andi Weimann and I'll have a discussion. 

13 minutes ago, howey_ducky said:

I hope it's not true but there are a few reports on twitter that we may be taking Darren Bent on loan for the season, might be a sweetener for the kodjia transfer.

Wasn't this rumour about us taking Bent on loan doing the rounds last summer & in January?

I'd hope we have the same result in signing him this time around, it's a no from me regardless of whether it's part of any deal involving Kodjia going the other way.

I'd hope we were able to use someone else as a bargaining tool if Kodjia has to go (Weimann, Russell, Bryson etc).

If we're giving away one of our best players I'd want one of their better players, taking Bent from them would be a massive win win situation for them, get a 20+ goal a season striker & get rid of someone on large wages who would be well down the pecking order with regards to their chance of playing first team football.

They were stupid enough to sign him on large & long contract, let them take the consequences of it, not us giving them a get out clause from that deal.

http://m.bristolpost.co.uk/bristol-city-set-to-resist-any-attempt-to-lure-jonathan-kodjia-away-from-ashton-gate/story-29468454-detail/story.html

We all probably knew this but I guess it's nice to hear from the club it's hands off! Unless there is an outrageous offer of course..

What would that offer need to be to satisfy us and obviously the needs of the club. Lansdown has supposedly stated we don't need to sell this window.(esp not our star/key player) but if Gray is worth 9M and Gayle 10M. Surely Kodjia would no doubt be worth the same. Could that change the clubs mind. Hope not! I only say that as while that is a lot of money, there is no one out there to replace him imo.

Nahki Wells possibly....but if we sold Kodjia for £10m, surely Huddersfield would want the same.  So why bother....unless player power is the reason.  If so, just pretend to not understand French, and cancel his English lessons..

Kodjia will only leave if: 1. he puts in a transfer request. 2. we get an offer of £8m as an absolute minimum. And I can't see the club accepting such a request, and will probably slap a £10m price tag on him. Derby may be a top 6 side but they don't have the appeal of a Newcastle or Norwich. Not worried in the slightest. He ain't going anywhere. 

2 minutes ago, City169 said:

Kodjia is definitely back in training with us now, perhaps that will help put to bed the BS rumours about him going to Derby

Noticed he was in the video, I liked the shy little smile and he appears to be having a laugh and a joke with some of the players too. Now he is picking up the language he will feel even more at home.

4 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Noticed he was in the video, I liked the shy little smile and he appears to be having a laugh and a joke with some of the players too. Now he is picking up the language he will feel even more at home.

Yeah, seemed to be scoring every time the camera showed him too (not that there was much in the way of goalkeeping).

Its often said it can take a season or two for players to adapt to football in England- normally talking about the premier league, but still relevant I feel- and Kodjia mentioned finding it difficult at first when he was interviewed after the Huddersfield game.

44 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

Ah I see Kodjia is back in training.

This thread speculating his transfer talk is still alive and still bollocks. 

My 2p worth. 

I saw that, great to see him there, you would think that someone will be having a chat to him about his contract soon.

5 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Linked on Sky Sports Whispers to Villa this afternoon.

It's football whispers. It's not the most accurate. Ours was a 0 for Lee Tomlin and like a 3.6 for Canos the week we had a bid accepted for Tomlin. With Fulham asking more than £12m for McCormack teams are seeing if they can get a cheaper option. Just slap a £15m price tag on Kodjia and they'll go away. 

11 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

It's football whispers. It's not the most accurate. Ours was a 0 for Lee Tomlin and like a 3.6 for Canos the week we had a bid accepted for Tomlin. With Fulham asking more than £12m for McCormack teams are seeing if they can get a cheaper option. Just slap a £15m price tag on Kodjia and they'll go away. 

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That's as a result of a fake Twitter account created today which spread the rumour. That sky sports whispers thing is not worth reading.

I apologise, I thought this was the transfer rumour section of the forum, I'll post it in the anything to buy from eBay section next time.

Archived