IGNORED

So for all you 'sack the manager short termists'....

spudski

...Come on then...what manager would guarantee wins in this league with the squad we have?

You all seem to know the budget we have to play with, and what players are available in January. Of course any new manager will have an endless budget, will be able to bring in anyone...it's just like going shopping in Tesco's  when doing your shopping don't you know...you can buy and loan whoever you want. You'll have already lined up players to release, and already done work with scouts, other managers and Agents in negotiating new deals. Easy isn't it...just bring them in, like we did last time we were in this position. Of course there are no more limitations to loans like before. Just go in and pick em off a shelf....

We must be absolutely crap...lose to Ipswich who have been in this division for 15 years.

Above Forest and Blackburn, Cardiff and QPR....how crap at this level must they be. Don't get me on the run Norwich are having with all their experience, money and players...we must be really crap.

Yep...two seasons up, with a rookie manager and very average Championship squad...who the hell do we think we are?

Get a bloody grip. when you look at those teams struggling...it shows how easy this league is right???? :facepalm:

Exactly half way through the season and 17th....about right...no?

January window coming up...believe...it's no good moaning and thinking we have a divine right to do better. So many teams far better off than us, financially, player wise, and experience and all struggling.

4 minutes ago, spudski said:

...Come on then...what manager would guarantee wins in this league with the squad we have?

You all seem to know the budget we have to play with, and what players are available in January. Of course any new manager will have an endless budget, will be able to bring in anyone...it's just like going shopping in Tesco's  when doing your shopping don't you know...you can buy and loan whoever you want. You'll have already lined up players to release, and already done work with scouts, other managers and Agents in negotiating new deals. Easy isn't it...just bring them in, like we did last time we were in this position. Of course there are no more limitations to loans like before. Just go in and pick em off a shelf....

We must be absolutely crap...lose to Ipswich who have been in this division for 15 years.

Above Forest and Blackburn, Cardiff and QPR....how crap at this level must they be. Don't get me on the run Norwich are having with all their experience, money and players...we must be really crap.

Yep...two seasons up, with a rookie manager and very average Championship squad...who the hell do we think we are?

Get a bloody grip. when you look at those teams struggling...it shows how easy this league is right???? :facepalm:

January window coming up...believe...it's no good moaning and thinking we have a divine right to do better. So many teams far better off than us, financially, player wise, and experience and all struggling.

I'd leave it a few days before looking for too much sense from the dissenters; after every defeat you've got to let the general levels of outrage and shock subside before expecting much rational thought!

5 minutes ago, spudski said:

Wow someone with a sense of perspective. 

Our form is bloody depressing at the moment, and the concern is we seem to be getting worse.

Bottom line, is it is a results business. 20 points off the first 12 games was maybe flattering, 7 off the last 12, whatever way you slice it, is relegation form.

Mid table, yep, would be very happy with that this season. A win or two and a lot of the pressure goes. Do not see it on Monday, but it's football, so who knows.

A bloody depressing run. We seem to be finishing the weaker side, whereas in the first quarter we seemed to be finishing the stronger. LJ is as you say a rookie manager, and maybe is showing that right now.

I want LJ to succeed. Football being what it is, if it does not turn around soon, he will be under real pressure.

Perhaps it's not so much about who arrives as opposed to who leaves.

I have little doubt that these players, if better organised and refocused, and more effectively set up, would achieve more than they have done after being subjected to theoretical text book bull sh!t power point presentations.

12 minutes ago, spudski said:

Blackburn qpr and forest have recently had transfer embargos where as we've spent how many millions!!!!

7 minutes ago, cityexile said:

A bloody depressing run. We seem to be finishing the weaker side, whereas in the first quarter we seemed to be finishing the stronger. LJ is as you say a rookie manager, and maybe is showing that right now.

That's my worry....wondered if we were super-fit at start of season, but what now?

It's hard to see where we are improving at the moment.

Although I admit our start to the season was better than I had expected, I didn't see our current situation coming, the timing of it is not great as it just might make recruiting harder in the January window.

It only takes a few results from those teams below us and we will be dragged into a relegation battle which is something I never imagined happening this season.

We need a few wins and the sooner the better for me. 

18 minutes ago, spudski said:

We're Bristol City damn it!! We should be pissing this league ;)

Seriously though 100% agree with your post Spud, I to would like to know who posters want to come in... but lets be honest, he'll have a good spell and we'll all love him then the inevitable bad run and its back to sack him... repeat cycle.

• Admin

I can see what you're saying, but I think for many of us, it's the perennial lack of success, I was fortunate enough to see Arsenal, Leeds, Man U etc at the Gate in our only spell of top flight football, but either side of that it's been an occasional season of happiness, followed by several of despair.  This one currently is plumbing the depths of that despair and could, without being over dramatic, be a bloody terrible one.  That said, a few decent players in the transfer window could see things change round and after the free fall, anything that guarantees safety will be gladly accepted by most.

Which  way will it go, I have no idea, I'm glad I haven't got the drawer with P45's in under my control, as I would be having my hand hovering near it now, but only if I had someone with a proven record to bring in.  The long term might pan out well with LJ in charge, but if this forum, City fans in pubs and on other media are getting jumpy now, imagine what it will be like if we go down.  What impact would that have on season ticket sales, the general atmosphere and aura built up by the new stadium and championship status, something the powers that be must be considering, even if it is to stick with their man and accept the outcome, good or bad.

18 minutes ago, spudski said:

I agree with most of what you say Spud and generally I also tend to take a broader view of our current position and progress over the last few years. Indeed I am still - just - in favour of Johnson remaining.

But your post doesn't really acknowledge just how diabolical our form has become - and that simply has to change. Yes, there is still a 7 point gap, but Blackburn now have a game in hand. Suddenly it could become 4 points, and then 1 point....and with our form who would bet against that?

You're absolutely right to say this is a difficult division with lots of very credible reasons why we would find it harder to compete than some other, more established clubs at this level. But does all of that really excuse a run of 8 defeats in 9? And after some significant investment in the squad last summer? I don't think it does.

I have defended Johnson along much the same lines as yourself in recent weeks but I'm wavering. I do now feel we are beginning to significantly underachieve.

27 minutes ago, spudski said:

You have a point because we are still 2 points above burton dispite the Money we have spent,hopefully give LJ the same amount of money again in January and come the end of season we will be 4 points ahead of them and stay up,or we could spend next to nothing and LJ do a job and catch Barnsley up

27 minutes ago, spudski said:

His last team's done surprisingly well since he left, maybe we should check out their manager? Seems to be able to get more out of the same group of players.

• Admin

Enjoy reading your posts @spudski my concern is that there are no real glimpses of improvement and the constant changing of personel would indicate LJ is still unsure what his strongest side is. 

Our current form is nothing short of alarming, I'd be curious to know how long you'd be prepared to stick with the same manager if this form continues? 

Personally I'm starting to lose faith in LJ, and listening to his interviews he's beginning to sound a bit desperate using all the old cliches 

32 minutes ago, spudski said:

Erm....the problem is we appointed somebody way out of his depth just because we have a connection with his old man. We backed him in the market and he has bought average players who look shot to pieces. Warnock was the man we should have gone for. 

Archived