IGNORED

Who next?

SecretSam

Neil Warnock and immediately.

Has not agreed to stay on at Cardiff until they confirm in writing they will back him in the transfer market, and wants it in writing from Tan, so if he doesn't he can walk out of his contract.

Lansdown it's time to put up or shut up, ambition to get to the Premier League? Prove it.

Get on the phone to Warnock's advisers today and tell them straight, you want him here, preferably now, pay whatever Cardiff want in compensation for the last few months of his contract and tell him straight you will give him full backing and put it in writing.

Let the best problem solver in the business come and sort this shower of shyte out, he wants one final promotion to the top tier before he retires, he would love nothing more than to be the man that sorts this club out and takes them to the top tier, he loves the abuse here but boy he love nothing more to hear our fans chanting his name and making this club the success he has always said is possible.

I like Lee and wish him all the best in the future, but this is a job for a Man and a Man who knows what he is doing, the right man is Neil Warnock.

8 minutes ago, Warwickshire Red said:

Speaking to a Birmingham fan. Rowett likes to defend, defend, defend for 75mins then go all out attack in last 15 mins.

They apparently won quite a few as a result.

Not an expansive style of football though.

not worried about style only about results at the moment,

Good to see Paul Tisdale being mentioned again :facepalm:

Would love a manager with the stature of Hoddle or Pardew but feel we will be aiming for the next tier down the management pyramid which is the Rowett, Pearson, Warburton level.

I'd be disappointed if we were looking at the Tisdale & Appleton level.

1 minute ago, The_Don said:

Good to see Paul Tisdale being mentioned again :facepalm:

Would love a manager Ipswich the stature of Hoddle or Pardew but feel we will be aiming for the next tier down the management pyramid which is the Rowett, Pearson, Warburton level.

I'd be disappointed if we were looking at the Tisdale & Appleton level.

I specifically like Tisdale because of his superb record with absolutely zero money at Team Bath and Exeter, the passing style of play of Exeter, and his being a great fit for the club goal of making Academy products the core of our team.

I view him as the new Dario Gradi and I want him repeating that success at our club.

I am not picking random fourth divsion manager names out of a hat.  Even one as stylish as Paul himself wears.

Let me say at the outset, I have always been on LJ's side of the argument on the basis that continuing to change managers/ head coaches every twelve months or so does not, generally speaking, bring success. However, after last night's fiasco something has to change and change quickly.

If/when LJ is dismissed, I would install John Pemberton as Caretaker Manager until the end of the season. Stability is the key and JP gave us that just over a year ago when Cotts was sacked and that laid the groundwork for our good run of form in the second half of last season.

I think we can forget a 'named' manager coming in to replace LJ and, although he would not be my choice, I wouldn't mind betting that Michael Appleton would be top of the list. After all, he has worked with MA before and has had a couple of good seasons at Oxford. We could do worse but also alot better!

3 hours ago, Sarumred said:

Let me say at the outset, I have always been on LJ's side of the argument on the basis that continuing to change managers/ head coaches every twelve months or so does not, generally speaking, bring success. However, after last night's fiasco something has to change and change quickly.

If/when LJ is dismissed, I would install John Pemberton as Caretaker Manager until the end of the season. Stability is the key and JP gave us that just over a year ago when Cotts was sacked and that laid the groundwork for our good run of form in the second half of last season.

I think we can forget a 'named' manager coming in to replace LJ and, although he would not be my choice, I wouldn't mind betting that Michael Appleton would be top of the list. After all, he has worked with MA before and has had a couple of good seasons at Oxford. We could do worse but also alot better!

Changing the coach is usually done not to bring success, if by success you mean promotion or a play off place, usually as in our case it is done to try and prevent further defeats and try and stay in the same division.

There are some clubs who make changes to try and increase their chance of success, Birmingham come to mind this season, but the vast number of manager changes are an attempt to stem defeats.

The rest of your post I agree with entirely, and could have written it myself.

Appleton sadly has been mentioned in many quarters, another cheap option with no knowledge of handling more talented players, and just as important more talented opposing managers. 

5 hours ago, Warwickshire Red said:

Speaking to a Birmingham fan. Rowett likes to defend, defend, defend for 75mins then go all out attack in last 15 mins.

They apparently won quite a few as a result.

Not an expansive style of football though.

Typically works in the championship to be fair 

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

Really? The only person that criteria would apply to for me is Billy Davies, and that's not based on results on the pitch.

There's many it'd apply to for me. There's no point sacking LJ if we're going to, yet again, appoint another manager who is going to fail after 12 months.

Archived