IGNORED

Interesting Reading...

sportingmad0209

4 minutes ago, NickJ said:

Ha ha.

Look at those clubs and ask yourself the question, what do they all have in common.

I will save you the bother - run by idiots....

I will grant you though, why would SC want to be considered by any of them.

Again will save you - maybe he didn't. Who says he applied for all of these jobs, did he tell you this?

3 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Because we are still paying him! And obviously none of the above who actually offered him the job were paying more than he gets at city! 

We always fall back on this "we are still paying him" nonsense. If he didn't want the money, why bother with sky punditry? 

Any ambitious, self respecting, driven football manager doesn't want to be out of the game for as long as he has been.

Who knows what happened in those job interviews for SC, did he turn an offer down? Well, leave it too long and SC might just end up like Dowie - sky sports news in Shrewsbury on a wet Tuesday night.

Just listen to Gary Rowett's interview, you can hear he is itching to get back into the game after only a few months.

4 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

"Jobs for the boys"  or - "employing someone you trust"

That's not an unusual thing in life at any level. If I have a mate who is good at electrics and I trust him, i'll get him round if I need some electrics done, simple?

I do agree with you there but as you go on to infer, Johnson was the wrong choice.

The question is, was it for the wrong reason.

There is an increasing suspicion yes, very much so.

5 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I think Ayling got more than his fair share of critics whereas Freeman was hounded on here since promotion. 

I think the difference with Wes is that most wanted him to be the player he never became yet on the infrequent times he was given the chance - he didn't take them.

Some very fickle fans here at the moment.

To a lesser extent Ayling, but Freemand and Burns were hounded on here.

Time after time I read posts dismissing Wes as not good enough and accused of being given special treatment because he was an academy product.

13 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Admirable loyalty. I was thinking about SC the other day - since leaving BCFC, SC has been shortlisted or linked with the jobs for:

England U21 they actually went and hired Bothroyd and Southgate for the main gig. They've also hired McClaren, Hodgson and Allardyce. Therefore their opinion is effing worthless to me and without any authority  

Coventry don't believe he would have had any interest whatsoever. 

Forest Never going back there. It'd be like us appointing Pulis again

Blackburn Even if went for, absolutely no shame in losing out to Mowbray.

QPR see England under-21; want us to respect a decision this board makes?! 

MK Dons bought in to SPL success and promise like we did McInnes. Foolish that he wasn't begged to take that job. They'll live with that. 

Aston Villa see Blackburn, no shame in losing out to Steve Bruce. Only a lunatic would appoint him over Bruce  

......And didn't get any of them. Despite several interviews, so he is actively seeking.

He can't be 'all that' then, can he?

4 minutes ago, NickJ said:

I do agree with you there but as you go on to infer, Johnson was the wrong choice.

The question is, was it for the wrong reason.

There is an increasing suspicion yes, very much so.

Maybe, but what would that reason be? 

1 minute ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I think Ayling got more than his fair share of critics whereas Freeman was hounded on here since promotion. 

I think the difference with Wes is that most wanted him to be the player he never became yet on the infrequent times he was given the chance - he didn't take them.

Never noticed that with Ayling, always seemed pretty popular to me, but with Freeman you're basically talking about a dozen posters repeating themselves endlessly. Lots of us put forward an alternative view.

Personally I've always supported those 3 players on here and they'd all still be at the club if I had any say in things.

3 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

We always fall back on this "we are still paying him" nonsense. If he didn't want the money, why bother with sky punditry? 

Any ambitious, self respecting, driven football manager doesn't want to be out of the game for as long as he has been.

Who knows what happened in those job interviews for SC, did he turn an offer down? Well, leave it too long and SC might just end up like Dowie - sky sports news in Shrewsbury on a wet Tuesday night.

Just listen to Gary Rowett's interview, you can hear he is itching to get back into the game after only a few months.

Agreed but SC will need the money, the city job and contract will be the one that sets him up for life. His playing career and previous managers job wouldn't have done that enough . This job is his pension pot. The sky work is extra money carried out on top of his city deal. Yes he's itching to get back in but he's not in a position to walk away from his city deal.

Whether this is true or not the fact is that all is not well at BCFC and this explains why we have plummeted. Were not stupid and whilst some shite has been posted, clearly there is no smoke without fire. The following is now very clear:

1. LJ wanted Pembo out for next season and approached Ashton. A decision was made to get rid now - that confirms to me that LJ aint going nowhere as why would they bow to his request if he was about to be sacked. Most here would have had Pembo as the caretaker.

2. The notion that LJ was simply agreeing with the board's decision to change the structure by getting rid of Pembo is bollocks. It would appear from Ashton's interview that he instigated it. The question which is unanswered is why did he want Pembo out? Maybe the players were allied to him?

3. Des Taylor has not been sacked. He has gone to Liverpool. Thus, why suggest that we are making the change. Again more bollocks.

4. I don't care what is said but having watched the team a lot it is clear that particular players are not playing for Johnson and this is evidenced by them disappearing from the team.

5. Before he went to Aberdeen, Wes signed a new contract if I recall. Within months he was sold. Makes no sense. I thought it was odd at the time but now we have an insight into why.

6. LJ is a conniving little shit but would he really use his father to criticise the players. If he did, I would fcking chin him.

7.  Elliot, Ayling, Agard, O'Donnell, Williams, Freeman, Wagstaff were all discarded by Johnson... there must be a reason for this and plainly he has rooted out the core of the League One double winners. He has his favourite players though, Flint, Smith and Bryan.

8. Players coming out supporting the manager is just bollocks PR but it shows what kind of culture is being developed behind the scenes.

LJ is a complete and utter fraud and It just makes me sad that a club with so much potential is run in this way. Obviously, Mr Hargreaves rather than SL was the brains behind that business given the way City and the Rugby team are being managed.  It really is mickey mouse. Unfortunately for LJ it will eventually all end in tears. That is the Bristol city way... at that point, there wont be many shedding any tears for him.... he will have also made himself unemployable......

14 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Depending on your view point, it's either:

"Jobs for the boys"  or - "employing someone you trust"

That's not an unusual thing in life at any level. If I have a mate who is good at electrics and I trust him, i'll get him round if I need some electrics done, simple?

SL has said many times he wants to get people into the club around him who he trusts. I don't think there is anything suspicious about that at all.

The fact that he very much looks to have put his trust in the wrong person this time this irrelevant. He had a vision for the club which LJ buys into and SL trusts him to stick by it, after being stung by Coppell and alleged incidents with Dawe/Cotterill.

Clearly LJ's performance was not part of the plan though!

Yes, but that is the moot point…your friend is good at his job. 

A lot of this fits a lot of circumstantial evidence. I remember when LJ first joined as head coach GJ did an interview where he pointly said that LJ would "be more likely to ask his mother for help than me, he is his own man." Yet I remember a radio Bristol interview with LJ who said he and his dad watch all their games back together to talk them through. Not to mention how our U23's is a feeder club for Gj's. And I remember GJ being the commentator for a cup match on radio Bristol, maybe hull, when GJ slated Engvall throughout. In the post match interview LJ sang Engvall’s praises, yet Engvall wasn’t seen, except collecting splinters, for weeks, perhaps after LJ discussed what to do with his dad.

If the letter above is wes’s dad then he is clearly being protective of his son, yet to me calling SC arrogant etc makes this all the more plausible.

Pieces of the puzzle…..I remember people in the crowd and even the opposition manager tweeting about Tomlin’s disgusting language to LJ at Huddersfield?, back just before his first start for us on the bench. Then there is more, our massive drop in form, LJ himself talking about players “he can trust,” players disappearing for weeks at a time, Jens being the latest. I would not be surprised if someone who played, and scored, in the champions’ league was not amused by some of the antics of our napoleon. So much more, the fact LJ is still in his job after such a terrible sequence of results speaks volumes in itself. Not to mention in an interview yesterday he talked about how it was a joint decision to remove pembo, distancing himself, when mark ashton today said how LJ had planned to remove pembo by the end of the season. Even in interviews when on his best behaviour LJ’s spiteful comments come through, Tomlin driving back home effecting his fitness, adam matthews not being a professional, too much cola etc. Players being “naive” (ironic). And how often has he talked about not knowing whether to slap or cuddle the players? The reported incident that led to gary o’neil going to the board when LJ told staff and players not involved in a game to get out of the changing rooms before going mental at those that remained. Maybe all this is made up, but what about the patterns of players being dropped completely for games after these reported incidents, like o’neil and his “niggly” injuries (o’neils words in recent interview), exactly the same words Tomlin used in his “everything is fine” interview about his own non-selection due to “niggly injuries”. These interviews are always a little too convient. And they always talk about how great the team spirit is etc, the “family”. Take the recent pembo thing as well, perhaps the talk of him grabbing Tomlin’s throat is nonsense, but why would pembo, who don’t forget was Tomlin’s coach at Peterborough too so go way back, do this? If Tomlin does hate LJ, which is obvious, then perhaps he did miss that penalty on purpose? Pembo may have been in no doubt of this and as pembo loves/loved the club maybe he did act more aggressively than he should. A caller on RB after the game even said that Tomlin must hate LJ lots by the way he missed that penalty, not even taking a proper run up. 

I am a scientist and know that individually the above can be discounted, lack of evidence etc, but there is a hell of a picture there when it is all put together. And I am sure there are plenty of other similar ones I have missed. And the most obvious point of all is how terrible we are on the pitch. The players ain’t happy. The fans aren’t, but the club is always quick to put music on as soon as half time/full time happens to try and hide the boos, no doubt to be followed with another interview mentioning “unity.”

And I must say, I am starting to think some of the posters here defend LJ so quickly that they may get paid by the message. And this is from someone who supported LJ for months and only started to turn after the second Cardiff game.

6 minutes ago, Rob k said:

This should be deleted, I'm sure if Wes Burns old man wanted this message on the forum he would have posted it himself 

Anything like this once posted is out there, you might as well take a hoover outside to catch rain drops whilst it's chucking down it will make no difference 

4 minutes ago, Bobfish said:

A lot of this fits a lot of circumstantial evidence. I remember when LJ first joined as head coach GJ did an interview where he pointly said that LJ would "be more likely to ask his mother for help than me, he is his own man." Yet I remember a radio Bristol interview with LJ who said he and his dad watch all their games back together to tlk them through. Not to mntion how our U23's is a feeder club for Gj's. And I remember GJ being the commentator for a cup match on radio Bristol, maybe hull, when GJ slated Engvall throughout. In the post match interview LJ sang Engvall’s praises, yet Engvall wasn’t seen, except collecting splinters, for weeks, perhaps after LJ discussed what to do with his dad.

If the letter above is wes’s dad then he is clearly being protective of his son, yet to me calling SC arrogant etc makes this all the more plausible.

Pieces of the puzzle…..I remember people in the crowd and even the opposition manager tweeting about Tomlin’s disgusting language to LJ at Huddersfield?, back just before his first start for us on the bench. Then there is more, our massive drop in form, LJ himself talking about players “he can trust,” players disappearing for weeks at a time, Jens being the latest. I would not be surprised if someone who played, and scored, in the champions’ league was not amused by some of the antics of our napoleon. So much more, the fact LJ is still in his job after such a terrible sequence of results speaks volumes in itself. Not to mention in an interview yesterday he talked about how it was a joint decision to remove pembo, distancing himself, when mark ashton today said how LJ had planned to remove pembo by the end of the season. Even in interviews when on his best behaviour LJ’s spiteful comments come through, Tomlin driving back home effecting his fitness, adam matthews not being a professional, too much cola etc. Players being “naive” (ironic). And how often has he talked about not knowing whether to slap or cuddle the players? The reported incident that led to gary o’neil going to the board when LJ told staff and players not involved in a game to get out of the changing rooms before going mental at those that remained. Maybe all this is made up, but what about the patterns of players being dropped completely for games after these reported incidents, like o’neil and his “niggly” injuries (o’neils words in recent interview), exactly the same words Tomlin used in his “everything is fine” interview about his own non-selection due to “niggly injuries”. These interviews are always a little too convient. And they always talk about how great the team spirit is etc, the “family”. Take the recent pembo thing as well, perhaps the talk of him grabbing Tomlin’s throat is nonsense, but why would pembo, who don’t forget was Tomlin’s coach at Peterborough too so go way back, do this? If Tomlin does hate LJ, which is obvious, then perhaps he did miss that penalty on purpose? Pembo may have been in no doubt of this and as pembo loves/loved the club maybe he did act more aggressively than he should. A caller on RB after the game even said that Tomlin must hate LJ lots by the way he missed that penalty, not even taking a proper run up. 

I am a scientist and know that individually the above can be discounted, lack of evidence etc, but there is a hell of a picture there when it is all put together. And I am sure there are plenty of other similar ones I have missed. And the most obvious point of all is how terrible we are on the pitch. The players ain’t happy. The fans aren’t, but the club is always quick to put music on as soon as half time/full time happens to try and hide the boos, no doubt to be followed with another interview mentioning “unity.”

And I must say, I am starting to think some of the posters here defend LJ so quickly that they may get paid by the message. And this is from someone who supported LJ for months and only started to turn after the second Cardiff game.

They've turned the Tannoy up really loud, so I can't even talk to the chap who sits behind me in the SS.

1 hour ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I really hope you're right Bill cos everything Kim Jong-Un got was inherited and for free whereas our own daft Dictator inherited nowt and had to work and actually earn his empire- boo!!

Ive always been ( and still am ) a big admirer of SL,but im really struggling at the moment with the way some things are being 'controlled' by the club. The Pemberton press release stinks, especially releasing it an hour before last nights game, People on here were well aware of his sacking 24-36 hours before this. 

LJ being ushered away from the Radio Bristol reporter after the Villa game is another case, it stinks of the club trying to control, rather than being open about things.

33 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Admirable loyalty. I was thinking about SC the other day - since leaving BCFC, SC has been shortlisted or linked with the jobs for:

England U21

Coventry

Forest

Blackburn

QPR

MK Dons

Aston Villa

......And didn't get any of them. Despite several interviews, so he is actively seeking.

Ridiculous post.

What has that got to do with his integrity?

Christ...

32 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

England U21

Coventry

Forest

Blackburn

QPR

MK Dons

Aston Villa

Did he or was it just paper/bookmaker talk? Only club he defiantly spoke to was MK which he turned down. 

He's still on salary with us until end of season so why take the wrong job? none of them are particularly appealing either

12 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Maybe, but what would that reason be? 

I think the reason for the volume of anti Johnson threads is not just because Johnson is an awful manager but because ATM nobody knows or can understand why he is still here. This is what makes it all so intriguing. Has Lansdown lost the plot or is there something more sinister?

9 minutes ago, Bobby kellard hero said:

What a bitter twisted letter.My Wes this,My Wes this.He was crap.I run a business.Oh piss off and stop dragging down our club our idiot supporters feed on it.

It is not bitter, he (if it indeed is Mr Burns) openly praises the former manager who in actual fact played his son on very few occasions. That should tell you something, if you can be bothered to think about it.

7 minutes ago, Rob k said:

This should be deleted, I'm sure if Wes Burns old man wanted this message on the forum he would have posted it himself 

Not so sure about that.

7 minutes ago, Bobfish said:

So that's why my cheques haven't been coming in the post... because I've been tweeting LJ at 3am and calling him out on his lack of football management skills... righto. LEE JOHNSON IN. (LJ, make it payable to Peg and don't forget the extra 0's on the end like we discussed.)

FWIW, if Wes' old man has wrote the stuff in the OP, he says he ain't bothered about going public so perhaps he knows it's on here but couldn't post it himself for whatever reason?

10 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Sounds like thought crime, double speak. If Wes's dad put this up himself then he could be culpable. At this moment any impression that this is from him is just "alleged". If this gets taken down it will say more about our club than the message itself ever could. At the moment it could legally be anyone, a mere act of fiction.

You go OP. Keep blowing that whistle.

1 minute ago, Septic Peg said:

So that's why my cheques haven't been coming in the post... because I've been tweeting LJ at 3am and calling him out on his lack of football management skills... righto. LEE JOHNSON IN. (LJ, make it payable to Peg and don't forget the extra 0's on the end like we discussed.)

FWIW, if Wes' old man has wrote the stuff in the OP, he says he ain't bothered about going public so perhaps he knows it's on here but couldn't post it himself for whatever reason?

Yes, like a leaked piece of information by the government…conveniently left on a train, or walking past the cameras with the page facing outwards…accidentally on purpose

1 minute ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Yes, like a leaked piece of information by the government…conveniently left on a train, or walking past the cameras with the page facing outwards…accidentally on purpose

Who knows Max.

It just says in the OP pics that the writer intends to confront LJ and GJ and would have it out with LJ if LJ had the bollocks to take it. They also had evidence to back up claims. I took that to mean they were confronting the Johnsons via social media, probably the only way they can now.

Perhaps I'm reading too much into it.

2 minutes ago, bh_red said:

Did he or was it just paper/bookmaker talk? Only club he defiantly spoke to was MK which he turned down. 

He's still on salary with us until end of season so why take the wrong job? none of them are particularly appealing either

How about SL drop kicks LJ over the Lansdown Stand and extends SC's contract for a couple of years? :dunno::winner_third_h4h:

5 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Or like leaving the squads salary details in a cafe 

Archived