IGNORED

Not Had Squad Rotation Before.

Robbored

But it's true. Lat's see how long it takes for LJ to get rotated out of the team., or will we suddenly keep faith in a winning team. Anyone who can't see what is going on is blind, or just don't want to see it.

Apparently GJ may not use the rotation system next week because we've only got one game. Surprise, surprise.

Nothing to do with sarcasm handsome, I was well chuffed with the win yesterday, but we still have a situation where the manager doesn't know his best team or formation, squad rotation my a$$, we hve too many central players, have you ever known a Championship sqaud with not one player on the books who can play left midfield! ha. lets hope that this league is so poor that we get away with it and still challenge at the end of the season

Not championship, but England for the past 8 years and Liverpool for the past 5.

• Admin
Are you saying that City won both games and scored 6 goals because of rotation?

Forgive me for butting in but I'm hoping the presumed associated benefits of fresher players at the end of the season may help City to win games in March, April & May, where since returning to the Championship we have the dreadful record of 4 wins in 23 league games.

But it's true. Lat's see how long it takes for LJ to get rotated out of the team., or will we suddenly keep faith in a winning team. Anyone who can't see what is going on is blind, or just don't want to see it.

We don't have to wait, he already has been - last week! Maybe he suddenly remember they were related this weekend (dunno)

this forum does make me laugh first people were moaning we never replaced carle then they wanted a creative midfield player so gj strengthens the midfield and now he has brought in to many i have a sneaky suspicion whatever gj does it will never be right for some of the armchair managers we have

this forum does make me laugh first people were moaning we never replaced carle then they wanted a creative midfield player so gj strengthens the midfield and now he has brought in to many i have a sneaky suspicion whatever gj does it will never be right for some of the armchair managers we have

Your missing the point, GJ has got the balance of the midfield wrong. Yes he has strengthend the central midfield area and im delighted with the quality we now have in that deapartment, but he has completly ignored the problems in the wide areas.

Even when Mcindoe was here i still thought we were a wide men short, GJ decides to sell him and then not even replace him?! To me that was a baffling decision regardless of weather we were going to play 3-5-2 with wing backs, we still needed a back up formation of 4-4-2 with wingers, at present as has been highlighted in the games we have gone 4-4-2 we are completly lacking width and are asking central midfielders like Sno to play out wide which clearly dosnt work.

If we can get a wide man in January the squad will be as strong as any at this level IMO.

Personally, I think a lot of people have hit the nail on the head in this thread, but nobody else wants to see it.

Johnson has to work out a way of getting his son in the team and if 'rotation' fits, that's what he'll call it.

Let's be honest about it - Lee Johnson has played most of his career for his Dad. Nobody can deny that. When he didn't play for his Dad, he couldn't hold down a place in whatever team he was playing for. When he plays for his Dad, he's practically a fixture in the team.

Work it out for yourself - it ain't rocket science.

Personally, I think a lot of people have hit the nail on the head in this thread, but nobody else wants to see it.

Johnson has to work out a way of getting his son in the team and if 'rotation' fits, that's what he'll call it.

Let's be honest about it - Lee Johnson has played most of his career for his Dad. Nobody can deny that. When he didn't play for his Dad, he couldn't hold down a place in whatever team he was playing for. When he plays for his Dad, he's practically a fixture in the team.

:fastasleep::fastasleep::fastasleep::fastasleep::fastasleep::fastasleep::fastasleep::fastasleep:

thats why lj played the whole game against plymuff

:fastasleep::fastasleep::fastasleep::fastasleep::fastasleep::fastasleep::fastasleep::fastasleep:

Robbored.....never cease to amaze me......we can`t say a system might be working after back to back wins (6 goals scored) and yet so many people are happy to jump on the team and GJ after a couple of poor performances/results. Symptomatic of much of the crap spouted on this forum under the guise of opinion.

PDG

SimplyRed - quite apt really.

The lack of respect for GJ from some is quite stunning- LJ seemed from the highlights to have had a very decent game - sadly whatever he does will not be enough for the doubters and its a shame that we are 5th in the league have just won away at Barnsley and some still want to criticise GJ and see nepotism as the only reason for changing the team. You guys clearky have an agenda and the clear accusations you are now making are quite frankly disgraceful. They don't represent opinion they represent a slur on GJ's character and I find that unacceptable and am sure many others will.

We have a strong squad LJ is a part of that - why he gets singled out in the way he does is beyond me. His selection is I am confident made 100% on footballing grounds and given Hartley has been ill it seems unsurprising GJ would try and ease him back and not risk a setback in his condition. Williams is not the same type of player- the system worked against Plymouth so a like for like replacement made sense.

and by the way we won- as was said on another thread it seems some of you may have preferred we lost as that would have aided your argument.

It crossed my mind. Posters like Wookey and Simply Red are voiceing what lots of fans think.

You honestly believe the majority of City fans feel the same way?

Why don't these fans call for him to be sacked for such a lack of professionalism?

You honestly believe the majority of City fans feel the same way?

Why don't these fans call for him to be sacked for such a lack of professionalism?

It can't be proved of course. When asked about in the past GJ simply says that LJ plays for 'footballing reasons'. Fair enough...

And yes I do think that the majority (not you, Dolly or yessir of course) think feel the same. As I've said in other threads wherever I meet other City fans, pubs, clubs and generally out an about the subject of nepotism comes up more regularly than any other City related subject.

It can't be proved of course. When asked about in the past GJ simply says that LJ plays for 'footballing reasons'. Fair enough...

And yes I do think that the majority (not you of course) think feel the same. As I've said in other threads wherever I meet other City fans, pubs, clubs and generally out an about the subject of nepotism comes up more regularly than any other City related subject.

You didn't answer my second question.

"It can't be proved of course. When asked about in the past GJ simply says that LJ plays for 'footballing reasons'. Fair enough..."

That not a good enough answer for you?

No, that doesn't answer the question.

Why don't fans want him sacked when they are of the express view that he is acting so unprofessionally?

I don't see how proving it comes into the equation, when you've already made up your mind.

Correct. Me for one.

Me neither, simply because I don't believe that a manager in the Championship could get away with it, I don't believe a club in the championship could carry a player over such a prolonged period of time without being "found out". SL is not daft - if he thought it then GJ would be out on his ear quicker than you can say Tesco (or Sainsbury's).

And no-one I know believes it either - and before anyone says - my friends and family are all in Bristol thank you - and I don't know any Gasheads - unlike Roborred.

No, that doesn't answer the question.

Why don't fans want him sacked when they are of the express view that he is acting so unprofessionally?

I don't see how proving it comes into the equation, when you've already made up your mind.

Because he is still a great manager. All managers have flaws! Unfortunately his is LJ!

Because he is still a great manager. All managers have flaws! Unfortunately his is LJ!

Sorry, but if I was of the opinion that the manager was picking his son because of who he is and not because he believes it to be in the best interests of Bristol City FC, I would want him sacked.

Correct. Me for one.

And me for two.

I am amazed that people are still spouting this nonsense, until I see that it's the same old names doing it yet again. Give it a rest guys, you made your point long long LONG ago. Repeating it over and over doesn't strengthen your argument....quite the opposite in fact.

Archived