IGNORED

Steve Cotterill [Merged + Poll]

KeepUpLino

452 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

All you can do if you don't agree is make your feelings known, it works,it has worked in the past. All depends how badly you feel about a situation.

I was clearly in a minority in bashing the Lansdown's in the last 3 or 4 years, so I would look a bit of a dick shouting by myself, so I stopped going, it seems people are starting to see the light, maybe one or two people showing their displeasure may start the ball rolling now?

One things for sure, I would back any manager. IF cotterill was appointed I would want the board to explain why in great detail. Not JL just mumbling utter bollox and looking like a rabbit in the headlights. Doesn't full me with any enthusiasm or confidence.

Neither did I.  

Even though it didn't actually materialise, at least Sean gave us the hope of good football to hang on to.  Unfortunately Steve Cotterell doesn't even offer that, so it seems a backward step to me.  Certainly blows any chance of us trying to 'do a Swansea' with him in charge, though we could maybe 'do a Wimbledon'!  

As someone else has already said, we're told we only replace players if we find someone better, but this would appear not to apply to managers, if this appointment does actually take place.  

My point is I don't know and I can't see how you do unless you've secretly been watching Cheltenham, Burnley or Forest over the past few years ! Not having a go just don't quite get the antagonism.

I agree with what your saying about the decision to sack SoD and the ineptitude of the people who are 'in charge'..

I'm not sure I can go along with the statement that he made an absolute mess of a very good Forest side. Steve MacLaren did that - Cotterill picked up his mess.

I'll reserve judgement on Cotterill if indeed he is appointed. I have nothing against the man - would rather trust the views of my mate who actually played under him over the majority on here who frankly have hardly watched his sides play let alone actually been managed by him.

As I replied to TRL I would want an explanation from the board as to why we have employed him and why after such a short period we seem to have either changed or gone back on a strategy.

MacLaren didn't do great but Cotterill was poor. My friend is a forest season ticket holder and he said it was dire. How many games didn't they score for? It was a real mess of a time for them. With the vast attacking options he had at his disposal to not score a goal for the time they did was dreadful.

I certainly don't have anything against the bloke. I just really don't think he's the man for the job and I would be deeply concerned. Of course I will have to reserve judgement on him and would give the bloke my full backing. It just would ultimately be pointless sacking SoD to employ Cotterill.

My point is I don't know and I can't see how you do unless you've secretly been watching Cheltenham, Burnley or Forest over the past few years ! Not having a go just don't quite get the antagonism.

It must be another Steve Cotterell who's well known in the football world for producing teams of hoofers then.

Added to that, with our record of balls-ups in our recent managerial appointments, it would be hard to feel they will fare any better with this one.  With it being someone who appears to have so little support from the fan base is hardly going to put the club in a better place, is it?

How would this appointment fit in with our often mentioned 5 pillars?  "Entertaining football" would seem to be a requirement and it would appear most of our fans don't believe SC is the man to provide this.  

Maybe the next few days will prove whether the club do actually pay any attention to the fans.

Exactly.

What was it... three jobs in about a year?... binned off after a couple of months and no success in any of them...

...yeah... let's get him in...

As much as I don't want Cotterill I think he would probably be a better option than Appleton.

He came out and said he wants the job....I bet he bloody does!! He's in it for himself and would be off at the first opportunity

It must be another Steve Cotterell who's well known in the football world for producing teams of hoofers then.

Agreed..... Without the fans backing the club and the manager are on a hiding to nothing!!! SOD was given time, this man will get a rough ride from the start.

Added to that, with our record of balls-ups in our recent managerial appointments, it would be hard to feel they will fare any better with this one. With it being someone who appears to have so little support from the fan base is hardly going to put the club in a better place, is it?

How would this appointment fit in with our often mentioned 5 pillars? "Entertaining football" would seem to be a requirement and it would appear most of our fans don't believe SC is the man to provide this.

Maybe the next few days will prove whether the club do actually pay any attention to the fans.

As much as I don't want Cotterill I think he would probably be a better option than Appleton.

He came out and said he wants the job....I bet he bloody does!! He's in it for himself and would be off at the first opportunity

I doubt that he would get one...

...we would be the last club stupid enough...

Don't judge a manager before his employment - the past is not worth a great deal as it has no direct bearing on how Cotteril would perform as a City manager. 

Don't forget he has been coaching alongside Harry Redknapp at QPR, so he may have learned a new trick or two.

I would suggest waiting to see how any new manager actually does in the role, and whether they show the ability to get the results we need.

only then, is it fair to assess a man's worth and value.

Added to that, with our record of balls-ups in our recent managerial appointments, it would be hard to feel they will fare any better with this one.  With it being someone who appears to have so little support from the fan base is hardly going to put the club in a better place, is it?

How would this appointment fit in with our often mentioned 5 pillars?  "Entertaining football" would seem to be a requirement and it would appear most of our fans don't believe SC is the man to provide this.  

Ah, you have one up on me as I'm not that au fait with the football world in general.

I find it quite funny that a lot of people dont want Cotterill based on a perception he plays hoof ball. I was under the impression SOD liked passing football. But Flint launching it time after time to Baldock was what excactly?

SOD did not coach anything of the sort! Cmon! He coached "decision-making." IE, if a long punt creates an easy chance, and you pass square to the right back, who loses it because he was marked: wrong decision! It wasn't dinky passing, it was weighing up what was right, in this moment, right now. He was trying to get it going, get it started; he hadn't finished. Or got it right yet

Personally, I don't want Cotterill, but I find myself thinking this will definitely happen, so, as with all other appointments, I will get behind the manager and judge him based on what I witness.

The only appointment I will not witness is Holloway, as I would give up on BCFC whilst he's here.  Anyone else gets a fair crack of the whip from me.

Cotterill, I don't want, but once in tenure, he's our manager and I will back him.

Managers tend to last no more than 18 months here these days anyway, so it won't be long before he's gone.

In fact I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that it doesn't actually matter who the boss is, so I'm gonna give up getting too excited or too depressed about whoever it is - soon enough it'll change again so it doesn't matter to me any more.

Don't judge a manager before his employment - the past is not worth a great deal as it has no direct bearing on how Cotteril would perform as a City manager.

Don't forget he has been coaching alongside Harry Redknapp at QPR, so he may have learned a new trick or two.

I would suggest waiting to see how any new manager actually does in the role, and whether they show the ability to get the results we need.

only then, is it fair to assess a man's worth and value.[/quote

This is true.

He's still on the list of names that I don't want though...

1. Been told by a couple of sources tonight that Cotterill tops City's wanted list. Of course, this is still unconfirmed at this stage.

2. It seems Steve Cotterill is odds-on favourite to be Bristol City's next head coach with good reason. SkyBet lay him as short as 1/5.

<p>

It IS starting to sound like it will be Cotterill...

...nonetheless, this is more lazy journalism from Stockhausen and the Evil Post.

Archived