IGNORED

Steve Cotterill [Merged + Poll]

KeepUpLino

452 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It IS starting to sound like it will be Cotterill...

...nonetheless, this is more lazy journalism from Stockhausen and the Evil Post.

Indeed.

Not saying I won't get behind him, but this is shaping up to be the least popular managerial appointment, assuming it is him, for an awful long time. In fact, the most unpopular choice since I've supported City. 

Further to my post above, thanks to The Exiled Robin for this! 

1. @markbennett1964 @AndyStockhausen More than 125 people have mentioned 22 different managers to me, not a single vote for him...

2. @TheExiledRobin I've been told its a "done deal," but this remains unconfirmed. From sources that have been reliable in the past

3. @AndyStockhausen so we are going for the man who was struggling so much Forest brought SOD in to help him out, to replace SOD... #Inspired!

Bit harsh on cotterell on here. His record isn't as bad as some make out and as for him being long ball I've seen plenty of long ball at AG this season. At least we might get some points with him. Sods record was well worthy of the sack. Get behind the new man and judge him on what you see on the pitch and the league table. If he fails then you can say we told you so but don't undermine the poor bloke before he's had a chance. Give him at least ten games before you begin form your opinion on him.

I'll give him a chance. He might be good for us.

Bit harsh on cotterell on here. His record isn't as bad as some make out and as for him being long ball I've seen plenty of long ball at AG this season. At least we might get some points with him. Sods record was well worthy of the sack. Get behind the new man and judge him on what you see on the pitch and the league table. If he fails then you can say we told you so but don't undermine the poor bloke before he's had a chance. Give him at least ten games before you begin form your opinion on him.

Get back to your coursework mate for god sake!!

Not too disappointed if it is Steve Cotterill.  He'll be hard working and a good man manager. As someone observed earlier, Harry Rednapp employed him as a coach alongside Joe Jordan and he wouldn't be coaching long ball under Rednapp.  He's west country and having seen a couple of interviews with him about his time with Cheltenham he comes across as a decent guy who is passionate (yes the JL word) about his teams and doing a good job.   He likes to play a strong centre forward and given we are hoofing up to Sam Baldock already then playing that type of player alongside him might not be a bad thing in terms of staying up this year and balancing the team.  He's been watching football overseas whilst being out of management so I'd like to think that he will do a  Holloway and embrace a brand of passing football but we'll see. Above all I think he will keep us up and won't rip apart the existing structure.

Don't get me wrong - I'll state my concerns until the point he gets appointed but, if he gets the job, I'll be behind him.  Above all else we need unity and the club and fans to pull together and, whilst I fear this is an appointment that won't bring the board and fans closer together, I'll certainly give Cotterill a chance to show what he can do. 

And to be fair, I thought McInnes and O'Driscoll were the right people and I was completely wrong so I do appreciate I could be wrong again.

I'm starting to understand the board's logic here.  Coppell, McInnes and O'Driscoll were inspired choices on paper who wound-up being pretty disastrous so their plan is to go for the most disastrous-sounding option possible in the hope he turns out to be inspired...

:worship2:

Now I needed a laugh at the moment and this post did the trick, so thanks for that!

I'm still holding on to the hope that our board really aren't this clueless and detached from the fans.  If this is true though, it just proves how badly run this club really is and where the root of its problems lie.

Final word from me on it.

All this hoofball stuff is a myth.

We're not exactly Barcelona, our last 3 promotion sides (Jordan, Ward and Johnson) were all direct to one degree or another. Their centre forwards were Turner, Torpey and Showunmi.

Cooper and Wilson aside all the managers I've seen since Dicks played direct football to an extent, and as has been pointed out Cotterill's last job was coaching at QPR, hardly Stoke, was it? He won't be another Pulis and if he can get us better organised, more physically hard to play against we'll get a lot more points in the next 19 games than we have in the last 19.

Final word from me on it.

All this hoofball stuff is a myth.

We're not exactly Barcelona, our last 3 promotion sides (Jordan, Ward and Johnson) were all direct to one degree or another. Their centre forwards were Turner, Torpey and Showunmi.

Cooper and Wilson aside all the managers I've seen since Dicks played direct football to an extent,.

Well, there we go. "GrahamC" carrying on the "mindset" altering work of the last head coach. What myths and delusions are we going to be left with? If we don't have any of these anymore, what do we have?

As for Steve whatsisname: I think he'll be a bit better than SOd at some things, not so good at some others, but overall, we might not notice much difference.

Well, there we go. "GrahamC" carrying on the "mindset" altering work of the last head coach. What myths and delusions are we going to be left with? If we don't have any of these anymore, what do we have?

As for Steve whatsisname: I think he'll be a bit better than SOd at some things, not so good at some others, but overall, we might not notice much difference.

Oblivion and crowds of under 5,000 are on the horizon

I'm undecided about Cotterill. Doesn't inspire me but can he keep us up?

If he can keep us up and we keep our Academy on track then I'm happy.

I know that most people saying no couldn't explain why other than referring to his record at other clubs. They couldn't explain his philosophy or any mitigating factors behind the problems at Forest, for example.

What do the players say about him. What's likely to change on the pitch in player formation etc. Where could he call in favours to get loan players in. What's his track record bringing youth in? Does he need to spend to win his games etc

Now where's my crystal ball?

Ffs. If you want to help the board appoint the right man then throw in a few legible paragraphs supporting your argument for or against.

Archived