IGNORED

Steve Cotterill [Merged + Poll]

KeepUpLino

452 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just doesn't make any sense to me JT. Of course I will back him and he would start with a clean slate but this appointment just goes against everything the board have said. If this is a route they want to go down they may as well go all out and get Warnock in. At least he is proven. Just what has Cotterill done??

Other than taking Cheltenham from the Southern league to our division, you mean....

The strange thing is that Forest obviously gave O'Driscoll much of the credit for improvement while he was manager and gave him the job when Cotterill was sacked so we'd be doing it the other way around!

However, the positive with Cotterill is that he's worked with some of the backroom staff such as Keith Burt and Pemberton before at Forest so hopefully they would stay in place and provide some sort of continuity. He's had some success in the past, particularly at Cheltenham and Notts County and he was also at Burnley for 3 seasons so has lots of experience and I'd prefer him to most of the others on the 'available' list. He's also from the area and knows the club pretty well.

Realised we played at half 5 yesterday. Checked the score, felt little to nothing, got pissed.

I'm starting to just not care either, yesterday was the littlest amount of any sort of emotion I have ever felt after a city game.

The board are ripping this club to shreds and contradict themselves so often you just can't believe anything they tell you anymore. Keith Burt has never actually spoken in public and I don't t think anyone has a clue who the board members actually are apart from the Lansdowns and the odd clown who could be invisible for all we know.

Enthusiasm for match days and the club in general is fast going and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

So.. Let me get this straight.. We sacked SOD to appoint Steve bloody Cotterill?!

Truly laughable. I've had it with this football club.

So you don't support Bristol City FC, you support some bloke from Wolverhampton?

I'll go, even if we appointed Warnock, who I cannot stand. It's in my blood and it's my heritage.

I'll cheer at the next home game and hope the boys can turn it around. Whoever is appointed starts with a clean slate as far as I'm concerned.

So you don't support Bristol City FC, you support some bloke from Wolverhampton?

I'll go, even if we appointed Warnock, who I cannot stand. It's in my blood and it's my heritage.

I'll cheer at the next home game and hope the boys can turn it around. Whoever is appointed starts with a clean slate as far as I'm concerned.

Even T*ny P**is?

I'm starting to just not care either, yesterday was the littlest amount of any sort of emotion I have ever felt after a city game.

The board are ripping this club to shreds and contradict themselves so often you just can't believe anything they tell you anymore. Keith Burt has never actually spoken in public and I don't t think anyone has a clue who the board members actually are apart from the Lansdowns and the odd clown who could be invisible for all we know.

Enthusiasm for match days and the club in general is fast going and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Is it just me, or does anyone else not care that the Chairman and DOF don't give interviews?

Jon Lansdown speaks for the board and whether you agree with him or disagree, I think it has to be said that we've received a lot more communication than we have from board members in the past.

I guess all those idiots who suggested it couldn't get any worse are happy now.

Steve Cotterill, hasn't done anything useful in football since Cheltenham over a decade ago and advocates a brand of long ball football from a bygone era.

What a ******* mess. Jon Lansdown is a total ballbag.

Even T*ny P**is?

That would be tough, because I consider him a con man. However, his no foreigners/all journeyman policies seem to have been overturned in his second spell at Stoke and he has taken an unfashionable club and helped them perform much better than expectations. I think he's learned his trade going along.

Is it just me, or does anyone else not care that the Chairman and DOF don't give interviews?

Jon Lansdown speaks for the board and whether you agree with him or disagree, I think it has to be said that we've received a lot more communication than we have from board members in the past.

Not sure what Keith Dawe even does.

Not sure what Keith Dawe even does.

Chairs meetings, that's what chairmen do. We aren't the only club by any means with a silent chairman, but where the owner (or his proxy!) does the talking.

The fact that he looks a bit like that "I was very, very drunk" character off the Fast Show is a bit concerning though...

I guess all those idiots who suggested it couldn't get any worse are happy now.

Steve Cotterill, hasn't done anything useful in football since Cheltenham over a decade ago and advocates a brand of long ball football from a bygone era.

What a ******* mess. Jon Lansdown is a total ballbag.

Sad times. Be down to 7000 crowds soon

Hurts to be honest

I know the biard would never take any notice of comments on a forum over the possible appointment of SC but if they did surley they could see that a huge majority do not want ghe guy here

If I was on the board then I would take notice and speak to all concerned

DL will report it back. It will be filed in their lessons learned bin.

I know the board would never take any notice of comments on a forum over the possible appointment of SC but if they did surley they could see that a huge majority do not want the guy here

If I was on the board then I would take notice and speak to all concerned

Let him know how we feel 

http://twitter.com/JonLansdown

He is the man who will be turning the lights out.

Well lets look at the top 10 of who's available that's any good.

1 Steve Cotterill

2 erm

3 um

4 maybe

5 this one is debatable

6 was good ages ago

7 he retired now

8 not sure

9 will split the fans

10 unproven at this level.

So there we have the full list of those available that are any good and want to come to a team 3rd from bottom in the third tier of english football. What a choice we have got.

So lets slag off the bloke that has yet to be announced as manager and has a record here of played none won none drew none and lost none. ******* fantastic lot we have here.

Please please let this just be Stockhousen shit stirring again.

If this is true, then there will be a lot of egg on the faces of the SOD out's who said things couldn't get any worse  :facepalm:

Not so long ago we were sitting in the Championship and relishing the opportunity to progress to 'the next level' with the appointment of the very successful and well qualified Steve Coppell.  We also had high hopes for building the new stadium at AV and also landed the Adidas deal.

Wtf has happened to this club since?

If anyone needed a wake up as to how deep in the shit we now are, this appointment will do the trick if confirmed  

Archived