IGNORED

Steve Cotterill [Merged + Poll]

KeepUpLino

452 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Lew-T posted this in another thread, I thought I would put all media reports here for now.

This is from a football reporter for the Daily Telegraph this morning...

@John__Percy: Steve Cotterill set to be named as new Bristol City manager in the next 48 hours #bcfc #nffc

I saw this:

Just saw tweet from our old friend Stockhausen, posted 5 mins ago ' I suspect Steve Cotterill will be unveiled as Bristol City head coach by Wednesday at the latest!'

Typical OTIB so many firmly damning the appointment before it's official, and then all this 'in out' referendum whoever get's appointed after Christmas if not sooner. 

In the day, we had a new manager appointed and just got on with it, the managers were at least allowed to manage for a decent period without everyone and his dog having an opinion and his credentials and right to be in the job.

After another sacking in the Prem and another three in League 1 all this has become is a type of musical chairs and of course the real problem in this any ideas these Managers have will never be realised due to a must have to-day mentality.

I give you Fergie and Moysie as examples of what can be achieved, with patience,    

Cotterill would be a poor choice in my opinion. As a manager he's accomplished very little. He managed to have 3 consecutive lower mid table championship finishes with Burnley who after they got rid of him got promoted to the Premieship. After that he went to Notts County who were top of the table by miles when he joined in January, he then kept them going and got them promoted to L1. His only accomplishment of date, with a side he didn't build.

He then didn't want to stay and build with Notts County, instead he jumped ship to Porstmouth for the following season where he never really accomplished a lot before he went to Nottingham Forest who flirted with relegation the whole time he was there until he kept them up towards the end of the season. He was then sacked following there takeover. He's not known for playing good football or using young players. Now is this really the man people want as the next Bristol City manager? Someone with no real League 1 experience, no real loyalty and no track record of building and blooding a side of young players.

A truly baffling decision if we appoint him.

Chelt he got promoted twice

Notts county were on the brink of bankruptcy when the owners bailed

Pompey were skint

Forest were in a relegation fight when he took over from mcclaren and kept them up

Sooooo.....

Really not happy about this, hope he proves me wrong though, as I've been happy with the past 2 managerial appointments and they've been massive failures. :facepalm:

Same here, Cotts would not be my first choice but then I don't know who would, I do think he'll bring passion, organisation and committment to the role add a bit of wheeling and dealing in the transfer market and he's got a good chance of keeping us up, I reckon he's got a good knowledge of our players and what needs to be done and can hit the ground running.

In a years time I may well be moaning about long balls and dire football who knows, but I see the logic in the appointment for the here and now if true.

I'm praying he's got this very wrong. 8 people out of 166 want the guy. 8. 4%. EIGHT.

If you care to scroll down and see the MANAGER POLL he's around 1.7% actually... numbskull board.

If we get him in I hope we lose 20-0 to Tamworth and Rotherham by a similar score line and the board sack him and themselves and leave the room paving the way for Steve to abandon his stupid exile idea and come home.

If you care to scroll down and see the MANAGER POLL he's around 1.7% actually... numbskull board.

If we get him in I hope we lose 20-0 to Tamworth and Rotherham by a similar score line and the board sack him and themselves and leave the room paving the way for Steve to abandon his stupid exile idea and come home.

So long as he's coming home to find a suitable buyer.

Appointing Cotterill is a essentially a massive 'FU' from the board to the fans. Which, agonisingly is a hallmark of the Lansdown families tyranny at AG.

Some quite amazing reactions on here in the apparent likelihood the rumours are correct. Give the new guy a chance for FS, whoever he is! It's not as though we have been treated to a feast of entertaining footie and success under SOD.

Quite true sir... oh well so hoof ball it is then. Just be nice to be told a truth from this board not utter clap trap... happily eat my words if the media have been instructed to put out a non-story just so the board can see the vitriole for real... i prey that is the case. If he becomes manager of course i will get behind him like i would Holloway or any other choice.

If true, welcome to the club Steve.  Best of luck.  

Your best chance would have been by getting the fans behind you from the outset, but too many have already decided you're not good enough for the Bristol City languishing in the relegation zone of the Third Division.

Many of those still fixated with SOD will no doubt we hanging around outside his house waving placards or something similarly tragic.

It's as good as done now. Not impressed at all by this but he needs our backing and we all have to get behind him from the word go.

As I've said, not happy, but we are in a mess and he needs all our help to hit the ground running.

I desperately hope Cotterill can prove me wrong and show he is the right man for the job.

Quite true sir... oh well so hoof ball it is then. Just be nice to be told a truth from this board not utter clap trap... happily eat my words if the media have been instructed to put out a non-story just so the board can see the vitriole for real... i prey that is the case. If he becomes manager of course i will get behind him like i would Holloway or any other choice.

Not sure how many games you've seen with SOD in charge, but there has been more than a hint of "hoof ball". Ok the ball may have been knocked about a bit at the back, but more often than not the final ball was a long punt in a vain attempt to find Baldock. If the new man can get us moving it more quickly an playing and pressing further up the pitch we may pick up a few more points. We are not going to see successful scintillating footie at this level. Players capable of that won't be in Lge 1 imo.

Archived