IGNORED

Steve Cotterill [Merged + Poll]

KeepUpLino

452 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Typical OTIB so many firmly damning the appointment before it's official, and then all this 'in out' referendum whoever get's appointed after Christmas if not sooner. 

In the day, we had a new manager appointed and just got on with it, the managers were at least allowed to manage for a decent period without everyone and his dog having an opinion and his credentials and right to be in the job.

After another sacking in the Prem and another three in League 1 all this has become is a type of musical chairs and of course the real problem in this any ideas these Managers have will never be realised due to a must have to-day mentality.

I give you Fergie and Moysie as examples of what can be achieved, with patience,    

I completely disagree. Although a lot of OTIB members are quite quick to condemn, I think the majority have been happy with appointments since Tinnion (some against Millen aside). 

I just think this is a very poor decision, especially after being adamant last season that they wanted to keep the fan and club close. Never ever felt more distant from the club.

If you care to scroll down and see the MANAGER POLL he's around 1.7% actually... numbskull board.

If we get him in I hope we lose 20-0 to Tamworth and Rotherham by a similar score line and the board sack him and themselves and leave the room paving the way for Steve to abandon his stupid exile idea and come home.

Do you? Do you really??

SCHOOL'S OUT, judging by some of the stuff on here, past few days. Including my own contributions.

I think a few people are getting too excited about the arrival of the big man (not Cotterill!)

Awaiting the sound of reindeer hooves on the roof can do that to people.

If true, welcome to the club Steve.  Best of luck.  

Your best chance would have been by getting the fans behind you from the outset, but too many have already decided you're not good enough for the Bristol City languishing in the relegation zone of the Third Division.

Many of those still fixated with SOD will no doubt we hanging around outside his house waving placards or something similarly tragic.

Agree with this, it's not Cotterills fault he is being appointed or that S'OD was sacked. He certainly wouldn't be my choice but he'll get my full support if he is announced as our new manager.

I hope that in 2 years time someone is bringing this post back to life and asking me for an apology and to say I was wrong, but WTF are the board playing at? Not a ******* clue, I truly believe this is one of the worst appointments ever, and there's been a few to compare it to lately

The bloke has done sod all (no pun intended) anywhere but Cheltenham, at a lower level, a long time ago

I really need to know what the board think he will bring to my football club

As others have said though, he will get my full support, as every manager has in my time. Except Osman. Obviously

Keith Dawe finally gets his way. Nevertheless, he'll (Cotterill) have my support if he is appointed. 

Yep im not over the moon with this news, but as above, its a clean slate and he will get my full support until such times as he deservers to lose it.

And IMO every CITY fan should feel/do the same 

Its only going to hurt us further to get on a new managers back from the get go, even if you think its a bad appoitment

Cheers

Mark

What i don't get is that SOD was brought into help out a failing Cotterill side and now it appears that we've done the reverse.

Still our board of distructors know best.

So, ask them this yourself. Or tweet Stockhausen, ask him to ask them. It's a valid question. So ask it where it needs to be asked. That's all I ask (mind you, it's a big ask)...

So, ask them this yourself. Or tweet Stockhausen, ask him to ask them. It's a valid question. So ask it where it needs to be asked. That's all I ask (mind you, it's a big ask)...

I'm slipping my note into the pigeon's ring now ( God that sounds filthy no wonder British Telecom invented telephones)

I believe that's a tweet is n't it ?

TC and G. Riley reappearing and making our dreams come true...(still believe in this happening. Although it might have to be Mark Cooper and ...)

Rachel Riley?

She'd make my dreams come true.

(Puffs out cheeks)

Agghhh... complete disillusionment with this but having said that I'm a firm believer that every manager needs to find the right club and right level to be successful.

Cotterill was successful in the Conference & 4th Tier not so successful in the Championship, maybe we're the right level for him.

It just stinks of the managerial merry-go-round though...

Having a read through his career it seems like he did really well at Cheltenham. Did well at Burnley considering lack of funds and kept selling their best players. Did well at Notts County (77 percent win ratio). Did rubbish at Portsmouth although difficult circumstances to be fair. Did rubbish at Forrest.

To be honest I'm not overly keen on him but will definitely give him a chance as any new manager deserves. If he keeps us up I will be more than happy with him.

Can't say I'm exactly excited by the news, infanct probably the least excited I have been about an appointment since I started watching city (which was under Wilson) but if he is to be city manager then I'll support him non the less and hope he does well. Anyone who wishes him to do badly just because he is appointed instead of someone else should have a word with themselves really.

Archived