IGNORED

Steve Cotterill [Merged + Poll]

KeepUpLino

452 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So the first time, the invisible man makes a move it's to appoint his mate, brave move mr chairman !cotterill will be a total unmitigated disaster IMO, and if by any chance I'm wrong and he has the slightest success then he'll be off like a shot the minute a better offer comes in ! ( just check . his record )

Boring and un-inspiring. This is exactly like SO'D, and exactly what we don't want. You could see O'Dismals personality rubbing off on the players, and Cotterill will do nothing to change that. The board have upset the apple cart, and a big appointment was the only way to escape it. They've failed miserably. 

Oh dear I hope this news isn't true. It's about as inspiring as waking up to find yourself being noshed off by Susan Boyle.

A few of us oldies would n't object (you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're stoking the fire) to that ,especially If it was followed by a Nice cuppa.

Now that truly is sick! Actually, thinking about it for a second, if I was  given the choice of a morning noshing by the aforementioned Susan Boyle or Tony Pulis as manager then there is  actually no contest.  C'mon hither Miss Boyle.

Boring and un-inspiring. This is exactly like SO'D, and exactly what we don't want. You could see O'Dismals personality rubbing off on the players, and Cotterill will do nothing to change that. The board have upset the apple cart, and a big appointment was the only way to escape it. They've failed miserably.

A big appointment? SAF is out of work.

you post this like it's a new thing, the problem is I think a lot of fans don't expect the next manager to last for more than a year and so there is no real connection. I thought So was going to be the man we stick with but now I've just lost faith in our board as they've shown no backbone and sacked the man responsible for the majority of our new staff but still want to keep said staff!? It's a shambles and how can the fans be expected to back a man they deep down expect to be gone next year. The board are responsible for such volatile fans, they make mistake after mistake after mistake which causes the fans to become restless and disillusioned and then when they got Sod in and let him finally start a rebuild everyone has been crying out for they sack him before he's anywhere through it. If we had been relegated under SOD to league 2 I could have accepted it a lot easier but now relegation looks all the more likely with an uninspiring manager coming in to carry on SODs work with SODs staff, no money to spend and our star player obviously unhappy that the manager he signed to play under has gone.

Explain to me how Cotterill is going to be a better option for taking us forward because I just can't see it and if you think that means I have some form of self importance then so be it but as a fan of this club I want what's best for it and I don't see it in Cotterill, I just hope he can prove me wrong.

Sorry but it just drives me mad how people can be so negative before a ball has been kicked. It may turn out that Cotterill (or whoever) turns out to be the new messiah and in 3 years time we are beating Hull Tigers in the Championship play-off final. The board couldn't wait for relegation under SOD before sacking him, his results were awful, the so called passing game was dire and crowds were dropping off at an alarming rate. Star player will get on and play for the new man if he has any sense.

I'm not saying that Cotterill WILL be the better option, just hoping that this appointment works out . COYR  :chant6ez:

Cotterill is now favourite for the Wednesday job as well at 2/1. Not set in stone yet...?

hmmmm

is anybody at AG as we speak

21s are playing west ham in the u21 premier cup  0-0 ht

might be worth a sneaky look who is watching ??

may be too obvious, but if cotterill is a done deal,  he maybe would be watching brundle wynter burns and Morrell ?

all playing

A manager who jumps ship at the first opportunity of something better, and a board who change their strategy at the drop of a hat.

I reckon they're quite well suited tbh...

Who said they're changing strategy? They've said whoever comes in would have to sign up to the long-term plan. That plan was for effecting change at this club, not for offering SOD a job for life.

Archived