IGNORED

Steve Cotterill [Merged + Poll]

KeepUpLino

452 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Who said they're changing strategy? They've said whoever comes in would have to sign up to the long-term plan. That plan was for effecting change at this club, not for offering SOD a job for life.

And our board is famous for keeping its word...

...isn't it?

What word are you saying they broke? Are you saying they said to O'Driscoll "we promise we'll never sack you?"

I was thinking more of the catering and stewarding, myself. I've drawn a line under Sean's dismissal and said all I'm going to say.

I was thinking more of the catering and stewarding, myself. I've drawn a line under Sean's dismissal and said all I'm going to say.

Yep. Never experienced bad stewarding or ate at AG but I hear enough horror stories.

It's hardly up there with the bigger issue the club faces though, ie impending relegation.

Yep. Never experienced bad stewarding or ate at AG but I hear enough horror stories.

It's hardly up there with the bigger issue the club faces though, ie impending relegation.

Anything that discourages fans from coming is bad news at the moment, be it catering, stewarding, Hollowhead or Colin. Although the last two might be more effective deterrents.

Cotterill is IMHO a pillock and not up to the job. However, despite all the complaints here, I can't see many boycotting the home games if he is chosen. This doesn't apply to either Hollowhead or Colin, both of who would drive some fans away.

Not a brilliant basis on which to choose a manager, but it does need to be considered.

Cotterill is IMHO a pillock and not up to the job. However, despite all the complaints here, I can't see many boycotting the home games if he is chosen. This doesn't apply to either Hollowhead or Colin, both of who would drive some fans away.

Not a brilliant basis on which to choose a manager, but it does need to be considered.

You're going well over the top.

SO'D clearly wasn't up to the job - Cotterill, well we'll find out if he gets it.

If Cotterill is appointed I will be a tad underwhelmed I must admit

Big Tone, were you excited by Coppell, Mccinnes, O'Driscoll, David James?

Just asking as I feel alot of people got excited by them signing....... but where did it get us??

Might be different this time.... if people are underwhelmed with Steve Cotterill then it might be just what the club needs.... no expectation, no hype and then we can sit under the radar for a while........ and  :fingerscrossed: move forward and become bigger and better than we have before.

if and when cotterill  is confirmed will the bashing stop, at least for a few games?

or will he keep getting it regardless ?

ok I get that most don't want him anywhere near the club, but everyone deserves a chance no?

Whoever gets the job... we should try something different like getting behind the new man as a whole.... we should take on the siege mentality..... us against the world...... yes we all have our opinions and we will never all agree.... but for once why don't we try the united front and see where that gets us!!

Want to take the club forward Mr Lansdown?

Go with a proven manager, and a manager who has experience. We can't afford to take risks anymore, time is not on our side. This appointment, has to be spot on, or we will see the consequences.

like sod or copout?

The last few manager we've had pretty much had fan backing and the majority were happy with and its turned out to be a diaster so mayber the underwhelming choice might go on and do a johnson

To expand slightly. We're not going to get a class manager - we can't afford one and no one's going to see this as a glorious opportunity.

If we are going to get a third-rater, let's not start with one who will alienate a significant number of fans.

Warnock because you know what yer getting with him. Sadly seems to be dropping out of ther market and Cotterill red hot favourite

Warnock would certainly have been interesting 'til the end of the season.

But what I was asking is if it's not going to be Warnock or Holloway, then who would you go for?

To be fair it sounds like frying pan in to the fire with this name? a man who asked SOD for help at forest? :read:

frying+pan.jpg

To be fair Cotterill was tasked with keeping Forest up.. He went there realised they obviously needed some technical coaching so got an out of work O'driscal to come in as help. Surely that was good management from Cotterill? Everyone seems to use this as an excuse to beat him with.

Here at City SOD had full control over the squad and look where that's got us. At Forest he came in as a coach under Cotterill who would have had complete control over the Forest squad. See the difference. Its not like he went to SOD and then SOD came in and took over.

Perhaps in hindsight we should of originally got Cotterill and SOD as his assistant.

Warnock because you know what yer getting with him. Sadly seems to be dropping out of ther market and Cotterill red hot favourite

Thoughts on Big Joe, Arn? Worth a phone call see if he can help out till the end of the season or maybe beyond, must have learned a thing or two with harry and knows the youth systems since being at spurs? coaching the likes of Gareth bale

Gattuso-420x413.jpg

Thoughts on Big Joe, Arn? Worth a phone call see if he can help out till the end of the season or maybe beyond, must have learned a thing or two with harry and knows the youth systems since being at spurs? coaching the likes of Gareth bale

Gattuso-420x413.jpg

Now that WAS a confrontation. JJ and Gattuso :o

My money was on Big Joe, though ;)

Archived