IGNORED

Steve Cotterill [Merged + Poll]

KeepUpLino

452 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

To be fair Cotterill was tasked with keeping Forest up.. He went there realised they obviously needed some technical coaching so got an out of work O'driscal to come in as help. Surely that was good management from Cotterill? Everyone seems to use this as an excuse to beat him with.

Here at City SOD had full control over the squad and look where that's got us. At Forest he came in as a coach under Cotterill who would have had complete control over the Forest squad. See the difference. Its not like he went to SOD and then SOD came in and took over.

Perhaps in hindsight we should of originally got Cotterill and SOD as his assistant.

I have always thought SOD was the right man at the wrong time, should have came in after Johnson where at least the purse was still open and maybe instead of nicky hunt we would have had billy sharpe (SOD has said he inquired about him). Pat Poor signings have not helped

To be fair it sounds like frying pan in to the fire with this name? a man who asked SOD for help at forest? :read:

frying+pan.jpg

Yes, to me it's like we are at a crossroads and have to choose the right road and by choosing Cotterill we will just be looping around and doubling back on ourselves.

To expand slightly. We're not going to get a class manager - we can't afford one and no one's going to see this as a glorious opportunity.

If we are going to get a third-rater, let's not start with one who will alienate a significant number of fans.

this forum doesn't represent a signifficant number of fans it probbaly on par with 2% of our fan base

Thoughts on Big Joe, Arn? Worth a phone call see if he can help out till the end of the season or maybe beyond, must have learned a thing or two with harry and knows the youth systems since being at spurs? coaching the likes of Gareth bale

Gattuso-420x413.jpg

I would pick him up from where ever.

Now were talking. A man of vast experience, a man in the know and very much a leader. Take him in a shot Sean.

Then i just read that Cotterill is now 1/8 on with Stan James  (uugghhh)

this forum doesn't represent a signifficant number of fans it probbaly on par with 2% of our fan base

That's less than the %age pollsters use to accurately predict elections. There's no reason to suppose that OTIB is significantly different than the mass of City's support.

Thoughts on Big Joe, Arn? Worth a phone call see if he can help out till the end of the season or maybe beyond, must have learned a thing or two with harry and knows the youth systems since being at spurs? coaching the likes of Gareth bale

Gattuso-420x413.jpg

Joe Jordan. Fantastic shout! Get him in JL

I'll be honest I don't want him here, he has always came across in interviews as a complete tosser as far as I'm concerned (get ready for every defeat being the fault of missing a thousand chances and the referee having a stinker) and I would much, much rather SO'D was still here than we'd sacked him and are set to appoint Cotterill.

However I can't get as angry about his appointment as others seem to be. As I said, he isn't someone I'd ideally want as our manager, but once we'd decided to sack SO'D (wrongly in my eyes) out of all the people we could realistically attract to come and manage a team bottom of League 1, and having been in free fall for longer than any of us care to remember, he is a long way from being the worst. Personally I couldn't find one name on the list that I wanted so it isn't even as if I can feel gutted on missing out on someone else.

Will he do a good job for us? I have big, big doubts, but who knows. In the short term he may make us slightly more difficult to beat and a bit nastier to play against (although difficult with the players we have) and that could be what we need from here until the end of the season.

Anyway as ever (unless it was Holloway) once he is appointed I will put my reservations on the back burner and get behind him 100%. They seem to want to make it as hard as possible to do so, but this club needs our support more right now than it has done in a long time. 

A long, long way away from 'In Cotterill I trust', but certainly 'In Cotterill I'll support'. After all, what other choice do we have?

I'll be honest I don't want him here, he has always came across in interviews as a complete tosser as far as I'm concerned (get ready for every defeat being the fault of missing a thousand chances and the referee having a stinker) and I would much, much rather SO'D was still here than we'd sacked him and are set to appoint Cotterill.

However I can't get as angry about his appointment as others seem to be. As I said, he isn't someone I'd ideally want as our manager, but once we'd decided to sack SO'D (wrongly in my eyes) out of all the people we could realistically attract to come and manage a team bottom of League 1, and having been in free fall for longer than any of us care to remember, he is a long way from being the worst. Personally I couldn't find one name on the list that I wanted so it isn't even as if I can feel gutted on missing out on someone else.

Will he do a good job for us? I have big, big doubts, but who knows. In the short term he may make us slightly more difficult to beat and a bit nastier to play against (although difficult with the players we have) and that could be what we need from here until the end of the season.

Anyway as ever (unless it was Holloway) once he is appointed I will put my reservations on the back burner and get behind him 100%. They seem to want to make it as hard as possible to do so, but this club needs our support more right now than it has done in a long time.

A long, long way away from 'In Cotterill I trust', but certainly 'In Cotterill I'll support'. After all, what other choice do we have?

What he said.

I have always thought SOD was the right man at the wrong time, should have came in after Johnson where at least the purse was still open and maybe instead of nicky hunt we would have had billy sharpe (SOD has said he inquired about him). Pat Poor signings have not helped

Yes may have been very different around that time. Wasn't his stock incredably high then though? Always remember him turning down Burnley in the prem (bet he regrets that) He would of probably turned us down aswell.

I'll be honest I don't want him here, he has always came across in interviews as a complete tosser as far as I'm concerned (get ready for every defeat being the fault of missing a thousand chances and the referee having a stinker) and I would much, much rather SO'D was still here than we'd sacked him and are set to appoint Cotterill.

However I can't get as angry about his appointment as others seem to be. As I said, he isn't someone I'd ideally want as our manager, but once we'd decided to sack SO'D (wrongly in my eyes) out of all the people we could realistically attract to come and manage a team bottom of League 1, and having been in free fall for longer than any of us care to remember, he is a long way from being the worst. Personally I couldn't find one name on the list that I wanted so it isn't even as if I can feel gutted on missing out on someone else.

Will he do a good job for us? I have big, big doubts, but who knows. In the short term he may make us slightly more difficult to beat and a bit nastier to play against (although difficult with the players we have) and that could be what we need from here until the end of the season.

Anyway as ever (unless it was Holloway) once he is appointed I will put my reservations on the back burner and get behind him 100%. They seem to want to make it as hard as possible to do so, but this club needs our support more right now than it has done in a long time. 

One tiny little edit but bearded red has hit the nail on the head for me. Good post sir.

I'll be honest I don't want him here, he has always came across in interviews as a complete tosser as far as I'm concerned (get ready for every defeat being the fault of missing a thousand chances and the referee having a stinker) and I would much, much rather SO'D was still here than we'd sacked him and are set to appoint Cotterill.

However I can't get as angry about his appointment as others seem to be. As I said, he isn't someone I'd ideally want as our manager, but once we'd decided to sack SO'D (wrongly in my eyes) out of all the people we could realistically attract to come and manage a team bottom of League 1, and having been in free fall for longer than any of us care to remember, he is a long way from being the worst. Personally I couldn't find one name on the list that I wanted so it isn't even as if I can feel gutted on missing out on someone else.

Will he do a good job for us? I have big, big doubts, but who knows. In the short term he may make us slightly more difficult to beat and a bit nastier to play against (although difficult with the players we have) and that could be what we need from here until the end of the season.

Anyway as ever (unless it was Holloway) once he is appointed I will put my reservations on the back burner and get behind him 100%. They seem to want to make it as hard as possible to do so, but this club needs our support more right now than it has done in a long time.

Literally agree with every word of that mate.

Well said.

Thank God...that Wednesday have sacked Dave Jones..........hopefully in the nick of time they will snatch Cotterill away and appoint him as their new manager.  I cannot think of a manager (No! Not even Holloway) who I would least like as manager of Bristol City......Cotterill makes Ronald Mcdonald look cool, and has done nothing in his career of any note since 1993.

Thank God...that Wednesday have sacked Dave Jones..........hopefully in the nick of time they will snatch Cotterill away and appoint him as their new manager.  I cannot think of a manager who I would least like as manager of Bristol City......Cotterill makes Ronald Mcdonald look cool, and has done nothing in his career of any note since 1993.

Appleton?

A lot depends on how much SL is willing to pay a new manager and how long a contract.

If word on the street is to be believed, neither Holloway or Warnock would come here, as the financial package isn't enough.

A cheap option is on the cards again I think. Cotterill fits the bill for this as far as I can see.

Feel sorry for the poor bugger tbh...

A lot depends on how much SL is willing to pay a new manager and how long a contract.

If word on the street is to be believed, neither Holloway or Warnock would come here, as the financial package isn't enough.

A cheap option is on the cards again I think. Cotterill fits the bill for this as far as I can see.

Feel sorry for the poor bugger tbh...

Why? Its not being forced on him. If he knows whats good for him he will turn it down, if offered, and do us all a favour including himself.

That may be fair criticism of Cotterill, but in terms of referee blaming he is nothing in comparison to Colin or Hollowhead.

Archived