IGNORED

Steve Cotterill [Merged + Poll]

KeepUpLino

452 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think a minute silence thread would be an idea.

Does this mean you don't approve of Cotterill's appointment?

Just checking.  Wanna understand if you'll be jumping ship again in the near future, or are you going to get behind him?

I really don't think it makes a blind bit of difference which manager the board brings in Harry.

I can't see there being any prolonged success with SL and this board in charge... too many issues.

We may stave off relegation... we may get relegated... but I can't see their ever being a long term strategy, only short term fix's...however much they say otherwise.

No, but maybe there isn't another option? We're a poor league one side, Cotterill would say yes to the job but not many other credible managers would. 

Give him a chance if he comes in, although Lansdown said he wanted passion which I fail to see how Cotterill would offer that, which would mean yet another contradiction from the board, who in my eyes are the ones who should be getting slated, not Cotterill!  

I've heard the same from well known poster on here.

I was told Holloway was interviewed as was Warnock but finances dictate neither are heading to BS3.

Hopefully, what I was told is incorrect but where there's smoke etc etc. I've nothing against SC but it's not a particularly inspiring appointment and we are a lower L1 club now. :sad26:

True about Holloway meeting the board. Friday afternoon to be correct

I really don't think it makes a blind bit of difference which manager the board brings in Harry.

I can't see there being any prolonged success with SL and this board in charge... too many issues.

We may stave off relegation... we may get relegated... but I can't see their ever being a long term strategy, only short term fix's...however much they say otherwise.

Indeedy doody.

Hence I care not who comes in, as long as it is not Holloway.

It is just a never ending circle of hyperbole, hot air, bluster and lies.

I may get my passion back whem them pesky Lansdowns are long gone.

We may stave off relegation... we may get relegated... but I can't see their ever being a long term strategy, only short term fix's...however much they say otherwise.

There is a long term strategy.  SOD was not the long term strategy.  The new man has to fit in with the long term strategy.

If I posted like you, I'd now go on a long rant about how people don't get it and how everyone who supports this club is so thick, but I won't.

Do you believe everything you read, written and said by City?

Everything? No. Nothing?  No.  

However, it is pretty obvious from what's been written and said that all the background stuff (academy, youth development etc) is all still happening.  When I see Tinnion, Anton et al sacked I'll start panicking.

We're just changing manager not the strategy. 

TRL....I agree.

They may have plans in place, but those plans will not come into fruition because they ruffle too many feathers with coaches and managers. They make their lives intolerable.

What I heard recently about our new Spanish coach and a few nit picking issues the board had, I wouldn't be surprised if he went too.

They can't stop interfering and making big issues out of little problems that eventually become big problems... seems they can't help themselves and it usually all comes down to small spending issues... Coppell found this and now others are finding it.

As I said to Aizoon on another thread, instead of casting aspertions, prove it. Cheers

Can't remember you castigating sod to be fair. All I see from you is telling the blunt truth which many don't want to see on the whole.

Getting the feeling that our new man will be announced either tomorrow or Tuesday lunchtime, lets hope so ay, if it is Cotterill so be it, nothing worse for a manager than negativity from the fans straight from the appointment. 

Within the next few days, we'll have our new man, and lets hope for a successful new era!

As I said to Aizoon on another thread, instead of casting aspertions, prove it. Cheers

Fair enough - I'm not bothered getting into a debate about it.

Simple question to you then sir ;

Are you in favour of Steve Cotterill being appointed?

TRL....I agree.

They may have plans in place, but those plans will not come into fruition because they ruffle too many feathers with coaches and managers. They make their lives intolerable.

What I heard recently about our new Spanish coach and a few nit picking issues the board had, I wouldn't be surprised if he went too.

They can't stop interfering and making big issues out of little problems that eventually become big problems... seems they can't help themselves and it usually all comes down to small spending issues... Coppell found this and now others are finding it.

I agree with what you say there spudski, I have heard a few stories myself last week. It doesn't sound too good. The board and JL make things very difficult for those who are working for them if things are not going their way. This makes people want to leave. Any new manager would find this out very quickly. As a fan I'll back Cotterill or Warnock to come in. But their is no way I would back Holloway.

Also heard today from a steward (no bull in a carvery shop that has friends at cheltenham who are still connected to the club) that the cotterill deal was done last night and will be announced tomorrow. Oh well, not my choice but the holloway haters will be happy I guess. It would seem that Mr H was never an option (or was he?) and I completely understand the background to Ollie with his MASSIVE rivary with our club, I still would have considered him regardless of the history.  

It appears that Mr Cotterill will be appointed tomorrow but for the laugh I ask you all a question - Who would be your choice Cotterill or Holloway ?

(the deal seems to be done so probably a pointless question),

:laugh:

Also heard today from a steward (no bull in a carvery shop that has friends at cheltenham who are still connected to the club) that the cotterill deal was done last night and will be announced tomorrow. Oh well, not my choice but the holloway haters will be happy I guess. It would seem that Mr H was never an option (or was he?) and I completely understand the background to Ollie with his MASSIVE rivary with our club, I still would have considered him regardless of the history.

It appears that Mr Cotterill will be appointed tomorrow but for the laugh I ask you all a question - Who would be your choice Cotterill or Holloway ?

(the deal seems to be done so probably a pointless question),

:laugh:

Cotterill clearly. I have no qualms Cotterill can do a good job results wise. If he gets it good luck to him. Can't say I will be looking forward to the football on show. That said the football on show hasn't been great since Wilson left (visually).

My nephew is a Burnley ST holder, when I txt him and that Cotterill was favourite for our job, his reply was "oh dear god"!!!!!!

I asked him what he was like at Burnley, his reply was, "boring football,take a one nil lead,get everyone behind the ball and pump it up the channels"

That's from someone who saw 3-4 seasons of Cotterill,

Supposing, just supposing, the deal has been done to bring Cotterill here as numerous people are saying they are hearing. From past experience our next manager been pretty much common knowledge before its announced, so people do have sources of info. From what I am reading he is likely to be one of the least popular choices ever, not a good starting point for anyone. So, if there are board members reading this will it make any difference, can they turn round to him and say thanks but no thanks? I guess until any contract is legally signed they can, but if so what a mess?

Archived