IGNORED

General Election 2015 Match Day Thread (Merged)

Moloch

Majority, but only barely a working majority.

Expect lots of lost government votes, by election dramas, and the ever present spectre of Boris waiting for that moment of weakness. He's behind you!

If DC is true to his word and isn't planning on a third term as PM then I guess he may pass on the role to Borris before the end of this one..

Well certainly going to be a lot of new era's in the opposition.

I see an Andy Burnham is fav for Ed's role..a sort of City fan (played for the London SC team didn't he?!)

I see an Andy Burnham is fav for Ed's role..a sort of City fan (played for the London SC team didn't he?!)

:dunno: Well known to be a lifelong Everton fanatic.

Joint with Chuka at one bookies. Neither fully appeal to me, especially not Chuka who the right-wing press will make a right mess of, no doubt.

Yvette Cooper? Who else is there?

Joint with Chuka at one bookies. Neither fully appeal to me, especially not Chuka who the right-wing press will make a right mess of, no doubt.

David Miliband..

Dan Javis would scare the tories a bit IMO

See your mate Liddell Grainger increased his vote by about 1%. 16% drop in support of the LD's, mainly to the benefit of UKIP.

Labour vote slightly up.

Lib Dems now wiped out in the region, with Tessa Munt (that must be rhyming slang ?) gone.

Yes mate,proof if needed that a completely useless bloke can get voted in.

Donald Duck would win in West Somerset with a blue rosette on.

To be fair, we used to have Tom King as an MP, I totally disagreed with his politics but at least he held surgeries and responded to letters/emails.

Liddel Grainger doesn't and is the worst of the worst kind of Tory.

Waiting for Bridgwater council results now,hopefully they will restore my faith!

Dan Javis would scare the tories a bit IMO

Dan Jarvis is very good actually; former British Army Officer, spends a lot of time in his constituency, is very conscientious. BUT, he's very much a Blairite in his political outlook from what I know of him and while that might win an election, it's not likely to win a Labour leadership contest. I agree though, the Tories will hate him because he looks and like one of them!

I've always been impressed with Chuka Umuna but I think Burnham has to be favourite. I actually quite like him, but I think his association with the Brown era and the fact he's another lefty would make him a bad choice for the wider electorate. Time will tell and since I told my union to. "**** off if they think they're getting any more of my money you useless *****s" about 2 years ago, I won't get a say in it

Archived