IGNORED

All 2015 Summer Transfer In's And Out's/speculation/rumours (Merged)

rockinrobin

Heard that ipswich are in for flint, don't know if it has been mentioned on this thread already as I haven't read it.

Would be a good move for him imo.

Leave a successful team, great team spirit, held as a legend by fans, a nice city... To go to Ipswich, great move.

I've always liked the look of Jack Payne since gillingham days and now he's been put on list by Peterborough, I think he was be a great addition to our midfield. Also thought Jamie Allen of Rochdale was best midfielder down the gate so wouldn't mind him either. Think we also need a St/winger and a goal scorer in the Adam le fondre mould.

Database? Contacts in the game? Scout?

I'm sorry but no legit 'scout' is going to blow their own trumpet like that on a football forum.

Having said that, you have compiled an interesting looking list which seems pretty realistic from my limited knowledge. I don't recognise a lot of names so presumably they are young, up and coming players from the lower leagues, just the sort of players we should be signing IMO.

I don't think we're going to be looking at the younger players tbh. Ones around 21 to 24 with enough league experience to show they are likely to be able to cope with the Championship seems likeliest. Would live to see Chris Wood come back. His best years are still ahead of him and someone at our level will benefit from that soon. Main problem there will be wages.

Take out Wilbraham and we wont have anyone over 26/27 in the squad. I expect Cotts to bring in 2/3 young gems but also think he'll look to add 2/3 older more recognised pro's who have been there and done it as they will be a big asset to the team.

I don't think we'll only add youngsters as if they can't step up it could be a long season. In the Championship, a few players with Premier League experience is the difference between those at the top and those propping up the league chasing mid table. I reckon we will certainly sign a couple of been there done that's this summer.

Take out Wilbraham and we wont have anyone over 26/27 in the squad. I expect Cotts to bring in 2/3 young gems but also think he'll look to add 2/3 older more recognised pro's who have been there and done it as they will be a big asset to the team.

I don't think we'll only add youngsters as if they can't step up it could be a long season. In the Championship, a few players with Premier League experience is the difference between those at the top and those propping up the league chasing mid table. I reckon we will certainly sign a couple of been there done that's this summer.

Agree we need experience but that's not necessarily meaning we need older players, Chris Woods is a great example of a player with correct experience at a young age.

Good list Harry, not sure about Stevie May at Wednesday but otherwise some very realistic decent targets on there.

Stevie May is much better than his first season at Sheff Weds would have you believe.

Got to remember thats his first season in a much higher standard he's been used to and he's only 22 with much to learn and improve. He will prove himself way above what he showed this year.

Database? Contacts in the game? Scout?

I'm sorry but no legit 'scout' is going to blow their own trumpet like that on a football forum.

Having said that, you have compiled an interesting looking list which seems pretty realistic from my limited knowledge. I don't recognise a lot of names so presumably they are young, up and coming players from the lower leagues, just the sort of players we should be signing IMO.

Nothing to hide here Robbo. All above board. It's a hobby, not a job, so I'm not giving anything away that I shouldn't.

Agree we need experience but that's not necessarily meaning we need older players, Chris Woods is a great example of a player with correct experience at a young age.

100% yorky.

Freeman, Smith, Pack. All signed under the age of 23, but all had plenty of "experience" under their belts.

Chris Wood is exactly that. Young enough to still have huge potential, but plenty experienced too.

Stevie May is much better than his first season at Sheff Weds would have you believe.

Got to remember thats his first season in a much higher standard he's been used to and he's only 22 with much to learn and improve. He will prove himself way above what he showed this year.

Don't see Kyle Lafferty on your list who you were touting for previously

Don't see Kyle Lafferty on your list who you were touting for previously

I mentioned Lafferty previously as someone I thought Cotterill "might" be interested in. He's certainly not in my database but I wouldn't complain if he came and showed his Ireland form.

Good list Harry, not sure about Stevie May at Wednesday but otherwise some very realistic decent targets on there.

Surprised your writing off a player so soon Graham? Not forgetting everything else 'Harry' said but 9 goals in 30+ games (last time I checked) ain't a bad return. He has been played out wide on occasions tbf & not through the middle which he prefers.

So we've had Mawson watched numerous times but is he someone that we realistically stand a chance of getting or will he go higher?

Mawson has been watched by many Championship clubs but Brentford (especially under a new manager) might well decide he the will feature for them next season. Same applies to Jack O'Connor who like Mawson has impressed out on loan.

Having a player watched numerous times doesn't necessarily mean that player is an immediate target. It's all about building up a database and acting as & when. 

Mawson has been watched by many Championship clubs but Brentford (especially under a new manager) might well decide he the will feature for them next season. Same applies to Jack O'Connor who like Mawson has impressed out on loan.

Having a player watched numerous times doesn't necessarily mean that player is an immediate target. It's all about building up a database and acting as & when. 

If Mawson is Flint - like I'd expect Brentford to be determined to keep hold of him.

Part of their philosophy going forward is to put great store on set pieces and to that end they're particularly keen on players who are fearless in the box.

6 goals this season, plus being voted player of the year for Wycombe at 21, indicates to me he's exactly the sort of player Brentford will be looking to build their future on, and very unlikely to be sold unless a big offer comes in.

Probably his most natural position.

I disagree. Ayling is good going forward but he's no Little, Bryan, Murray, Bell who have all played wing back very well for us over the years.

Players that play wing-back are either wingers, who are capable of playing a bit deeper or more defensive at times (Murray), or more commonly full-backs, who are good at getting forward (Little, Cunningham, Bell and Bryan to an extent but he's more arguably a natural wing-back).

You then have full-backs who are more suited to playing as part of a back three and that's where I believe Ayling fits in. He's a full-back by trade and could also play wing-back effectively but I believe in our current system he's most suited where's he played all season, on the right side of the back three.

Shifting Ayling to wing-back would not improve on Little. He would offer us more defensive cover but would weaken us going forward. We need attacking prowess from our wing-backs and so can't see Ayling playing there, other than filling in, or if we are away against a big side in the championship and want to be more solid defensively.

According to this paper we're interested in Walsall keeper Richard O'Donnell http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/sportbcfc/12957893.Games_hold_key_to_new_Davies_deal_with_Bradford_City/[/quote

See on SSN O'Donnell turned down new improved contract at Warsaw - could be a poss runner - would seem to be a good No 2 / competitor with Mad Frank

I disagree. Ayling is good going forward but he's no Little, Bryan, Murray, Bell who have all played wing back very well for us over the years. .

Ayling is a very good footballer with ball at his feet, technically he's not far off Freeman at times , Little's a great athlete , powerful, and provides a threat in a different way

I don't disagree too much with Harry about RWB perhaps being Aylings most natural position - just his physicality for the role would raise a slight concern with me

Ayling is a very good footballer with ball at his feet, technically he's not far off Freeman at times , Little's a great athlete , powerful, and provides a threat in a different way

I don't disagree too much with Harry about RWB perhaps being Aylings most natural position - just his physicality for the role would raise a slight concern with me

Don't get me wrong, Ayling is a good footballer but not in a million years is he technically in the same league as Freeman. Absolute flipping bonkers!! 

Can Ayling cross a ball like Freeman? No. Can he deliver from dead ball situations like Freeman? No. Is his dribbling as good? No. 

Don't get me wrong, Ayling is a good footballer but not in a million years is he technically in the same league as Freeman. Absolute flipping bonkers!! 

Can Ayling cross a ball like Freeman? No. Can he deliver from dead ball situations like Freeman? No. Is his dribbling as good? No.

I agree as technically overall, I meant in some aspects - running with ball at his feet and going past people is one - certainly one of the most comfortable running with the ball

I'm not in any way suggesting he can do everything that Freeman does ;)

Archived