IGNORED

All 2015 Summer Transfer In's And Out's/speculation/rumours (Merged)

rockinrobin

No player from QPR will join us, the wages they pay are from another universe.

On BT Sport about a month ago, Barton laughed when Savage suggested he was on 60K a week. He said I'm not even on half that.

I would imagine he is a 25/30K a week player, but he's 32 and his team just got relegated. I reckon he would sign a deal for 2 years as club captain if offered 15/20K a week, which he would be worth.

On BT Sport about a month ago, Barton laughed when Savage suggested he was on 60K a week. He said I'm not even on half that.

I would imagine he is a 25/30K a week player, but he's 32 and his team just got relegated. I reckon he would sign a deal for 2 years as club captain if offered 15/20K a week, which he would be worth.

He's on a free and looking for a decent wedge (fair enough), he wanted to go back to ?Monaco ?Marseilles but they couldn't afford him. If he's going to take a pay cut then that's where he'll go as he enjoyed it there.

I too would like to see him here and dislike the knee-jerk "wages" reaction but in this case I think it's correct.

Not for a moment doing more than speculating, but if you'll allow me...

Someone like Barton COULD go for a contract where he squeezes the last big pay off of his career, it's true. But maybe he fancies something different?

He's someone SC will know a bit from QPR, and perhaps that, and Barton's clear desire to often do the very opposite of expectations could see him persuaded to come and help build something here.

Year contract on likely good but not QPR-good money; a fresh start at a club likely looking to maintain some momentum; bunch of younger players needing some leadership; why not?

Actually one move that would interest me too; he'd certainly add some serious experience to the dressing room, and could imagine he'd be worth a few points in the plus column for his ability on the field too.

Still; Compeltely out there in terms of possible signings, that is clear.

I'd be very happy with Joey Barton and Becchio but as they're available on frees I'm sure there's lots of clubs above us in the pecking order who'll be chasing them too.

They'd add great experience to our young squad though if we could afford/attract them.

I think people are hitting the wrong mark in some cases, our main targets will all be young , and players who will improve. The Southend keeper a perfect example. Joey Barton never in a million years. We know we are looking for a keeper, a defender, a midfielder and 2 strikers. I would think the strikers are priority 1 and 2 

don't be suprised if we don't bring in an experianced head, Barton like him or loath him would be a great assist to have,

a player who has won promotion from the championship 3 times experianced and a battler with a high work rate, I wouldn't mind him,

I think people are hitting the wrong mark in some cases, our main targets will all be young , and players who will improve. The Southend keeper a perfect example. Joey Barton never in a million years. We know we are looking for a keeper, a defender, a midfielder and 2 strikers. I would think the strikers are priority 1 and 2

You're ignoring the past - Wilbraham & Elliott were brought in to add experience to a young squad, so he may well do that again. Barton probably is too high profile/cost/maintenance though.

don't be suprised if we don't bring in an experianced head, Barton like him or loath him would be a great assist to have,

a player who has won promotion from the championship 3 times experianced and a battler with a high work rate, I wouldn't mind him,

Agree, in my opinion Joey Barton is like an upgraded version of Wade Elliott, plays in the same position, great morale character, comes across as very well respected at his club, hugely knowledgeable, passionate and lets not forget he is a confirmed leader both on and off the pitch.

He strikes me as exactly the type of player that Cotts likes.

I actually think we would be an attractive proposition to him, and for me most interestingly is how highly Redknapp rates Cotts, and Barton on many occasions said Harry was like a best mate more than a manager to him.

So the big key could be Redknapp and given Redknapp's belief in Cotts, I would imagine Redknapp would give JB a big thumbs up if he asked his opinion.

What I liked most about Barton's eye opening and honest interview on BT Sport was when he said he sacked his agent last year and now represents himself. He doesn't need to be paying someone 10% of his earnings to tell him who wants him, he said if someone wants you they let you know, an agent is more interested in getting himself not his player the best deal.

I used to hate the bloke and thought he was a dirty bellend but in the last year or so I've come to appreciate what he brings to a side. He captained QPR out of the Championship and like Cotts, Joey Barton is a winner.

I actually reckon if the club approached him, he would take serious consideration. Our stock is rising, and this guy wants to coach and manage and he strikes me as a loyal person who youngsters could learn a lot from. He would have noticed Cotts offered WE the U-21 role after being captain this season, so Barton would know that if he were to come here as club captain for 2 or 3 years, that he would be encouraged to do his badges and could obtain a decent non playing role in 2-3 years time, sometimes players look for their future rather than their wealth.

If we are serious about pressing on and being in the top half of the league, we can't just sign youngsters and hope they make the step up. They need guidance and a leader who has been there and done it.

Joey Barton would be the perfect replacement for Wade Elliott and ticks so many boxes and would be a sensational coup and a massive statement of intent from our club. Also I would reckon if we made a move early and he agreed it would also help us attract other good targets especially youngsters where playing with someone of Barton's calibre and being able to learn from someone like him and having him as a captain would be a huge selling point when trying to convince players to come.

I hope given Cotts history with QPR he is on our radar as for me I reckon he is custom made for our club and would without doubt would be the biggest coup our club has ever achieved. Is he worth 20K a week absolutely and I think he is the sort of player Cotts and Lansdown would take the financial gamble with.

He is exactly the sort of player we should be looking to sign to replace Elliott as captain, as we need a big leader on and off the pitch.

One thing being mostly overlooked here is that Wilbs and Elliot came in to support younger players. Those players proved themselves beyond their years and took adversity in their stride. They are now a year older wiser and more experienced -- not sure we need the experience in the same way as they clearly neede it last year. Ok so it is a league higheer -- but they adapted well in a one off game against WHU and in the crucial games were a match for them all. Stay and develop younger ones is my preferred route now unless there is a really obvious candidate.

Agree, in my opinion Joey Barton is like an upgraded version of Wade Elliott, plays in the same position, great morale character, comes across as very well respected at his club, hugely knowledgeable, passionate and lets not forget he is a confirmed leader both on and off the pitch.

He strikes me as exactly the type of player that Cotts likes.

I actually think we would be an attractive proposition to him, and for me most interestingly is how highly Redknapp rates Cotts, and Barton on many occasions said Harry was like a best mate more than a manager to him.

So the big key could be Redknapp and given Redknapp's belief in Cotts, I would imagine Redknapp would give JB a big thumbs up if he asked his opinion.

What I liked most about Barton's eye opening and honest interview on BT Sport was when he said he sacked his agent last year and now represents himself. He doesn't need to be paying someone 10% of his earnings to tell him who wants him, he said if someone wants you they let you know, an agent is more interested in getting himself not his player the best deal.

I used to hate the bloke and thought he was a dirty bellend but in the last year or so I've come to appreciate what he brings to a side. He captained QPR out of the Championship and like Cotts, Joey Barton is a winner.

I actually reckon if the club approached him, he would take serious consideration. Our stock is rising, and this guy wants to coach and manage and he strikes me as a loyal person who youngsters could learn a lot from. He would have noticed Cotts offered WE the U-21 role after being captain this season, so Barton would know that if he were to come here as club captain for 2 or 3 years, that he would be encouraged to do his badges and could obtain a decent non playing role in 2-3 years time, sometimes players look for their future rather than their wealth.

If we are serious about pressing on and being in the top half of the league, we can't just sign youngsters and hope they make the step up. They need guidance and a leader who has been there and done it.

Joey Barton would be the perfect replacement for Wade Elliott and ticks so many boxes and would be a sensational coup and a massive statement of intent from our club. Also I would reckon if we made a move early and he agreed it would also help us attract other good targets especially youngsters where playing with someone of Barton's calibre and being able to learn from someone like him and having him as a captain would be a huge selling point when trying to convince players to come.

I hope given Cotts history with QPR he is on our radar as for me I reckon he is custom made for our club and would without doubt would be the biggest coup our club has ever achieved. Is he worth 20K a week absolutely and I think he is the sort of player Cotts and Lansdown would take the financial gamble with.

He is exactly the sort of player we should be looking to sign to replace Elliott as captain, as we need a big leader on and off the pitch.

I never had you down as Joey Barton's agent !

Archived