IGNORED

Sod New Liverpool Assistant Manager

MC RISK77

Funny how life can turn...for me the worst manager ever to enter Ashton gate has now found himself assistant to one of the biggest clubs in the world....says everything for what I knew, but obviously a tremendous coach....but liverpool will be in shit if they sack Rodgers and he takes the helm....

I think I saw a thread on sod earlier in the week so apologies if this is a duplication but haven't got the time to check

Funny how life can turn...for me the worst manager ever to enter Ashton gate has now found himself assistant to one of the biggest clubs in the world....says everything for what I knew, but obviously a tremendous coach....but liverpool will be in shit if they sack Rodgers and he takes the helm....

I think I saw a thread on sod earlier in the week so apologies if this is a duplication but haven't got the time to check

Could you put your point across in 140 characters?  I haven't the time to check the other words.  Soz.  Just being lazy like.

Just goes to show that SoD is very highly rated and respected within the game - except of course by some on here.

After City he worked at the FA and now is assistant manager at Liverpool.

I hope he doesn't get to do many post match interviews. The scousers are for an interesting time if he does,

SOD and tremendous coach are not words I would put in the same sentence

I think to say he was the worst ever is over the top. He was slightly the victim of all that had gone on before him. Things had started to improve slightly before he left and some of the players he brought in have gone on to do well. Possibly no S O'D = no Flint or JET. Not saying I'm glad he didn't leave as hindsight shows it was absolutely the right decision but not the worst ever for me.

Just goes to show that SoD is very highly rated and respected within the game - except of course by some on here.

I hope he doesn't get to do many post match interviews. The scousers are for an interesting time if he does,

I've always maintained he is a good coach robbo he just is a shit manager

I think to say he was the worst ever is over the top. He was slightly the victim of all that had gone on before him. Things had started to improve slightly before he left and some of the players he brought in have gone on to do well. Possibly no S O'D = no Flint or JET. Not saying I'm glad he didn't leave as hindsight shows it was absolutely the right decision but not the worst ever for me.

Sod didn't want flint and told us we over paid for him

Looks like you can fool some of the people some of the time. For him to be anywhere close to that job is a joke, and rodgers has confirmed his own sacking.

Almost 18 months ago I can well remember the similar and overwhelmingly scathing comments on here regarding the wisdom of SL's appointment of Cotterill. Had he been chief exec rather than owner, you could insert Lansdowne's name for Rogers' and it could have been posted on here back then.

I can also remember  in the years before his appointment, the number of posts on here wishing that SOD would come here, after seeing what he achieved at Donny, in particular the way he got his teams playing. SOD also appears to be well respected within the game, and without wishing to be sarcastic, I doubt he would have been appointed to coach England's U19 unless he has ability. 

Sometimes, as with Cotterill and before him Johnson, the manager and club just happen to come together at the right time for a perfect fit and perhaps SOD and Liverpool might be that. Rogers does appear to be skating on thin ice after last season and appointing SOD is a brave move. If it pays off then it will be seen as an inspired and enlightened decision. If SOD achieve at Anfield what he achieved here, then it could well be P45 time sooner rather than later.

Ex manager?

Who cares?

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

At least they know there won't be a personality clash with O'Driscill, because the bloke doesn't have one.

May be a great coach but I'm not sure about him as a manager; the way he interacted with the fans was appalling

Where's all this 'great coach' coming from? Terrible coach. Some people need to look up the words 'great' and 'tremendous' in the dictionary. I'm guessing the definition doesn't equate to 'leading a football club to the worst set of results in its history'

Where's all this 'great coach' coming from? Terrible coach. Some people need to look up the words 'great' and 'tremendous' in the dictionary. I'm guessing the definition doesn't equate to 'leading a football club to the worst set of results in its history'

Did you see Simon when you were at the same well of ignorance?

SoD is a terrific coach, but then the FA and Liverpool could both be wrong you're right of course.

If you are referring to City in your last sentence City then Gary Johnson led the club to 10 back to back defeats. That has to be close to the "the worst set of results in the clubs history".

Because he is actually a decent coach and does best when he's out of the limelight

The fa wouldn't of employed him if he wasn't

SoD is a terrific coach, but then the FA and Liverpool could both be wrong you're right of course.

If you are referring to City in your last sentence City then Gary Johnson led the club to 10 back to back defeats. That has to be close to the "the worst set of results in the clubs history".

21 games without a win the worst in the clubs history belongs to sod

Not a patch on Johnson

And Johnson didn't have 10 defeats in a row mcinnes has that record which is 7

21 games without a win the worst in the clubs history belongs to sod

Not a patch on Johnson

And Johnson didn't have 10 defeats in a row mcinnes has that record which is 7

Come on now Monkeh, you should know better than letting facts get in the way of RR's GJ arguments!

OK, I have results to back up my argument that he's not a great coach. What do you have to back up your argument? If it's his appointment by the FA, I'll remind you that they've presided over 49 trophyless years.

I despair at how fans purely look at the records of managers at a Club, and blame only them, for results achieved, and don't take into account mitigating circumstances and how a Club is being run.

Take stock of what has happened at our Club since Danny Wilson left, and what managers have been chosen to lead us.

SL has made some crazy decisions over the years. And thrown money around like confetti... all at lost causes.

SL built his successful financial business, on extreme financial caution, and had no debt on his balance sheets. Surrounded his business in people with success and experience.

Yet he never took any of that into running the football Club.

Make Brian Tinnion manager after Wilson! Give Millen a 3 year contract! Fall out with Coppell pretty much straight away. Allow managers to have way too much money and spend it in panic. It's been a mitigating disaster.

Then all of a sudden he takes stock...puts a plan in action with the board. Decides to run the Club prudently and properly, and guess what....things change for the better.

A director of football in Keith Burt...An assistant manager who when coming here said... 'Bristol City as a Club have lost their way', who saw and agreed to the new way of thinking. SoD....a manager to implement the new strategy of running the Club.

Then a decision to bring in another manager, SC, who will agree to work with Burt and Pemberton, and the Clubs new financial restraints and way of running. And guess what....that's working as well....

Our turn around as a Club isn't down to one man, or any one manager....it's down to a whole new philosophy and a way of running the Club.

We would still be struggling if those changes hadn't taken place.

There are so many circumstances as to why managers do well at a Club....success is mainly down to a Club being stable 'behind the scenes'.

Get that right, and bring in a manager willing to work within the Clubs ethos and way of working, and don't allow one man, the manager, to control everything and you'll go some way to gaining some success.

Archived