IGNORED

Sod New Liverpool Assistant Manager

MC RISK77

In fairness to SOD he did always say that he was trying to encourage players to make their own decisions. Liverpool players are obviously of a higher caliber than the players that SOD had at his disposal here and will be better at making those decisions.

Also I think the confidence drained from a very young, naive team, who despite starting off playing well just weren't getting results (our season may have been very different if Frankie had lost his head on the opening day) . I don't think it's a coincidence that after some more experienced heads were brought into the squad results started to turn for us.

I do still believe that he is a good coach but there is no disputing that the end of his tenure was the most horrific football that many of us have ever seen here. As a coach he won't be a position where he has to produce the answers when things are going wrong but as manager (head coach or whatever) he was obviously short of ideas on how to address them.

This

Ill summarise the next 5 pages......

Some "in the Know" fans who know all the ins and outs of what goes on behind the scenes, but cant say what or who the know think SOD is the best thing for our club since sliced bread........will big him up.

Then some fans who aren't "in the Know" but go and watch every game think he is one of the worst managers we've had because of the football we watched and the results that followed, while all the time being patronised by a philosophical genius because football wasn't all about results and tables..... will rightfully say he wasn't great for us.

repeat till the next thread pops up.

fact is both is true to an certain extent if you variables that invariably change!!! :blink:

In fairness to SOD he did always say that he was trying to encourage players to make their own decisions. Liverpool players are obviously of a higher caliber than the players that SOD had at his disposal here and will be better at making those decisions.

Also I think the confidence drained from a very young, naive team, who despite starting off playing well just weren't getting results (our season may have been very different if Frankie had lost his head on the opening day) . I don't think it's a coincidence that after some more experienced heads were brought into the squad results started to turn for us.

I do still believe that he is a good coach but there is no disputing that the end of his tenure was the most horrific football that many of us have ever seen here. As a coach he won't be a position where he has to produce the answers when things are going wrong but as manager (head coach or whatever) he was obviously short of ideas on how to address them.

Going by the last day of the season they're barely capable of playing football, let alone thinking for themselves.

And look at what the 'secret footballer' said about Cotts and his man management skills, his ability to harness a good team spirit and his knowledge and abilities.

I'm not being dismissive for the sake of it, just that one man's opinion and certainly when it is attributed to him and publicised cannot be idly taken at face value. It would be absolutely foolish for Derek Williams to say anything other than what he did when asked about the AM at Liverpool.

I just hope he gets interviewed on MOTD after Liverpool lose to Stoke on the opening day and does his usual ".... It's not about results it's about performance, the fans view of performance is clouded by the result... I don't look at the league table... It's not about winning trophys etc..."

I just hope he gets interviewed on MOTD after Liverpool lose to Stoke on the opening day and does his usual ".... It's not about results it's about performance, the fans view of performance is clouded by the result... I don't look at the league table... It's not about winning trophys etc..."

You think brendan ego rodgers would give up any of his time in the spotlight to allow SOD to do so?

Please God no. I have only just stoped having nightmares from Sods riddle strewn interviews. How long before the scoucers see through the bull sh1t.

He never gets enough time to implement his style and philosophy in a club. That's not exactly his fault.

No? Who's is it then?

In any case I strongly disagree with what you suggest. He has form for being a job hopper. He was the one who chose to leave Bournemouth, he chose to walk out on Crawley after no games in charge and he's now walked on the England job. What you suggest, his being ousting before he's had time, can only really be suggested in respect of Forest and here.

Re Forest he was hardly following the same philosophy; he went transfer mad. So what you suggest as a theme throughout his career is really limited to this one job.

Received a nice email back from him, after wishing him good luck with the new appointment etc. Always a Gentleman....

As for implementing a style and philosophy at the Club...his blueprint along with the Clubs is still being used....so all good :-)

Received a nice email back from him, after wishing him good luck with the new appointment etc. Always a Gentleman....

As for implementing a style and philosophy at the Club...his blueprint along with the Clubs is still being used....so all good :-)

That's nice. 

Very well said Spudski.

Mrs Robbo and I bumped into SoD and his wife in a harbour side restaurant and he was very happy to share a quip or two about football. Not like the public ogre he's described on here by some.

This is post of the century

GJ made you shit yourself, and he's a Conference Manager, despite getting us within 90 minutes of the PL

SOD made some idle chit chat with you and he's a top man, despite having us stare Division 4 in the face

I can't work out if you are trying to wind people up, or you just don't get it

I couldn't give a rats arse about SOD, and even less about Liverpool. **** the pair of them, they are welcome to each other

This is post of the century

GJ made you shit yourself, and he's a Conference Manager, despite getting us within 90 minutes of the PL

SOD made some idle chit chat with you and he's a top man, despite having us stare Division 4 in the face

I can't work out if you are trying to wind people up, or you just don't get it

I couldn't give a rats arse about SOD, and even less about Liverpool. **** the pair of them, they are welcome to each other

Go Woodsy Go Woodsy.. Go...... :)

SoD like Millen and Coppell before him could see that the club was being run essentially by amatuers and that was addressed when City appointed Keith Burt as director of football. He was the first "football man" to be appointed in such a position at City. Neither Coppell Millen or SoD had such a buffer.

Cotterill had worked with Burt at Forest and the two of them know each other well. Cotterill gets much credit for Citys achievements last season but let's not over look the very significant role that KB played.

SoD like Millen and Coppell before him could see that the club was being run essentially by amatuers and that was addressed when City appointed Keith Burt as director of football. He was the first "football man" to be appointed in such a position at City. Neither Coppell Millen or SoD had such a buffer.

Cotterill had worked with Burt at Forest and the two of them know each other well. Cotterill gets much credit for Citys achievements last season but let's not over look the very significant role that KB played.

Burt was head Scout here I believe fella....when the Board appointed him Director of Football, so as to act as a buffer between SoD and the board, and allow SoD to focus on other things at the Club as he was doing it all.

It's the best decision the Club has made in many years... the rest of the management structure remained in place when SoD left, avoiding any major upheavals that have set the club back whenever managers have left in previous seasons.

Burt is the glue holding this Club together imho....SC was able to come in and work straight away with him....seamlessly. KB is invaluable.

Burt was head Scout here I believe fella....when the Board appointed him Director of Football, so as to act as a buffer between SoD and the board, and allow SoD to focus on other things at the Club as he was doing it all.

It's the best decision the Club has made in many years... the rest of the management structure remained in place when SoD left, avoiding any major upheavals that have set the club back whenever managers have left in previous seasons.

Burt is the glue holding this Club together imho....SC was able to come in and work straight away with him....seamlessly. KB is invaluable.

I hope in the near future Burt gives the man who gave him his opportunity at AG a phone call and asks if we can take a promising Liverpool youngster or two on loan this season...

Archived