IGNORED

Sod New Liverpool Assistant Manager

MC RISK77

Several players said, when SoD was sacked, that they were absolutely gutted that he'd left.

We've heard exactly the same quotes from the players for any number of departed City managers.

Contrite for the camera, laughing and joking the next day in training.

'Gutted' for all of 10 minutes. Meaningless.

:facepalm:

I think you'll find the players actually enjoyed playing for SoD and blamed themselves for the performances, not him, as they could see what he was trying to instil in them.

What players and managers find hard to deal with, are stupid fans and media who have no idea about football. :facepalm:

Bugger... I bit...Grrrrrrrrrrr

. The one thing he was successful in instilling in them was how to lose a football match and then talk bollocks about it afterwards. I guess you are labelling the vast majority of the Ashton Gate regulars as stupid! That sort of arrogance and the denial of what you actually witnessed week after week, makes you a perfect leader of the SOD fan club.

. The one thing he was successful in instilling in them was how to lose a football match and then talk bollocks about it afterwards. I guess you are labelling the vast majority of the Ashton Gate regulars as stupid! That sort of arrogance and the denial of what you actually witnessed week after week, makes you a perfect leader of the SOD fan club.

My my, you are an angry boy, aren't you.

That's not what he's saying at all, it's closed minded individuals who believe what they want to believe !

Sod was an awful manager that's a fact backed up by all the stats,

He is a decent coach however and will perform when he doesn't have to be in the spot light

He will do a decent job at Liverpool but will go when Rogers goes

Sod was an awful manager that's a fact backed up by all the stats,

He is a decent coach however and will perform when he doesn't have to be in the spot light

He will do a decent job at Liverpool but will go when Rogers goes

You've said this before Monkeh, but I would argue his coaching skills weren't up to much either

I've said it because it's true,

You don't get to coach at international level by being shite

Stuart Pearce?

I'm only jesting as I do think SOD is a good coach (-ish : I'll explain), but I don't agree with the presumption.

Anyway, to qualify the -ish... Whilst I don't dispute technical coaching etc I do think there are some question marks. Particularly:

- fitness. We did not start the season fit. I think his pre-season approach is commendable, but he went to far the other way. This was a big hindrance to performances and a good coach would have identified this earlier and approached it differently.

- results. I don't think we saw results from his coaching methods whilst here. Many players played within themselves and many regressed. I appreciate things take time to develop but he did have a long time with the likes of Bryan, Reid, Pack, Cunningham etc and they didn't kick on under him, maybe Bryan aside. Bryan and Pack certainly did following but I do have some question marks.

...I acknowledge perhaps the delayed results of SODs methods. For me I'd still caution that took too long.

...Perhaps he had the right methods but although players enjoyed training and thought they were growing, he couldn't deliver it and it needed someone new like

...Or it was Cotts who identified improvements to coaching.

And now we are approx 18 months from him leaving and little shy of 36 months from him joining (I think). The 18 year olds under him you'd no expect to be knocking on the first team door if they were developing. Still ain't happening though.

Say's the man who seems to be speaking for the 'vast majority of Ashton Gate'....now that's what I call arrogant.

Plus your Arrogance that you think you know better than SL and the board who signed him, better than the FA, and better than Liverpool and various other mangers and coaches who work in the game.

Players and managers and coaches all praise SoD...yet you think you know better than all of them that work 24/7 in the game? Sorry fella...but I can't take you seriously.

What I witnessed was a team in transition in total change...trying something totally different. Plus a lot more off the pitch.

Stuart Pearce?

I'm only jesting as I do think SOD is a good coach (-ish : I'll explain), but I don't agree with the presumption.

Anyway, to qualify the -ish... Whilst I don't dispute technical coaching etc I do think there are some question marks. Particularly:

- fitness. We did not start the season fit. I think his pre-season approach is commendable, but he went to far the other way. This was a big hindrance to performances and a good coach would have identified this earlier and approached it differently.

- results. I don't think we saw results from his coaching methods whilst here. Many players played within themselves and many regressed. I appreciate things take time to develop but he did have a long time with the likes of Bryan, Reid, Pack, Cunningham etc and they didn't kick on under him, maybe Bryan aside. Bryan and Pack certainly did following but I do have some question marks.

...I acknowledge perhaps the delayed results of SODs methods. For me I'd still caution that took too long.

...Perhaps he had the right methods but although players enjoyed training and thought they were growing, he couldn't deliver it and it needed someone new like

...Or it was Cotts who identified improvements to coaching.

Pearce is another prime example, decent coach shit manager,

He did a decent job for the under 21s because he wasn't in the media spot light as much,

Anyway was was only being basic with my explanation,

Pearce is another prime example, decent coach shit manager,

He did a decent job for the under 21s because he wasn't in the media spot light as much,

Anyway was was only being basic with my explanation,

Ah ok. My opinion on Pearce has always been all mouth no brain but yeah I could be waaaay off with that.

Ah ok. My opinion on Pearce has always been all mouth no brain but yeah I could be waaaay off with that.

His teams are always organised which says he is decent on the defensive side of things,

But you are right about the all mouth bit,

I wouldn't want him managing here but I wouldn't be against him coaching here

:facepalm:

I think you'll find the players actually enjoyed playing for SoD and blamed themselves for the performances, not him, as they could see what he was trying to instil in them.

What players and managers find hard to deal with, are stupid fans and media who have no idea about football. :facepalm:

Bugger... I bit...Grrrrrrrrrrr

Being of the opinion that fans know nothing about football would be intolerably arrogant, whether it's coming from you or SO'D.

Many of us actually sat through all of SO'D's matches and we know exactly what we're talking about when we say the football was dreadful and the tactics were consistently abysmal. He put the whole club into a deep depression and was in the process of strangling the life out of it, not to mention destroying the enthusiasm for BCFC of many thousands of STH's who'd simply had their fill of him and his style of football and stopped attending.

Correct me if I'm mistaken but I'm sure you've said before you work abroad for long stretches of the football season and cannot attend for months at a time.

If that's the case you didn't sit through what many of us did, you didn't see with your own eyes what was happening on the pitch and in the stands and frankly you're not in a position to talk up O'Driscoll or belittle the arguments of those of us that did suffer his atrocious football week after week.

Being of the opinion that fans know nothing about football would be intolerably arrogant, whether it's coming from you or SO'D.

Many of us actually sat through all of SO'D's matches and we know exactly what we're talking about when we say the football was dreadful and the tactics were consistently abysmal. He put the whole club into a deep depression and was in the process of strangling the life out of it, not to mention destroying the enthusiasm for BCFC of many thousands of STH's who'd simply had their fill of him and his style of football and stopped attending.

Correct me if I'm mistaken but I'm sure you've said before you work abroad for long stretches of the football season and cannot attend for months at a time.

If that's the case you didn't sit through what many of us did, you didn't see with your own eyes what was happening on the pitch and in the stands and frankly you're not in a position to talk up O'Driscoll or belittle the arguments of those of us that did suffer his atrocious football week after week.

I mentioned 'Stupid' fans not all fans fella.

I also watched all of SoD's tenure....I was here during that time.

So I am in a position to give debate....and I will debate with anyone who gives good reasons....but if people just come on and say it was 'atrocious' football with no understanding of what he was trying to achieve, or the circumstances, then they will get the response it deserves. Especially if it's just throw away comments and not thought through.

Certain fans saying he is not a good manager or coach....and he was Head Coach here, not a manager as people wrongly think...is a ridiculous argument, when so many people high up in the game hold him in such high regard. In all seriousness....how can fans think they know better than those who work in the game 24/7?

If he was awful, he wouldn't be employed and especially not by the FA or Liverpool.

Say's the man who seems to be speaking for the 'vast majority of Ashton Gate'....now that's what I call arrogant.

Plus your Arrogance that you think you know better than SL and the board who signed him, better than the FA, and better than Liverpool and various other mangers and coaches who work in the game.

Players and managers and coaches all praise SoD...yet you think you know better than all of them that work 24/7 in the game? Sorry fella...but I can't take you seriously.

What I witnessed was a team in transition in total change...trying something totally different. Plus a lot more off the pitch.

Wow, you have a real talent for turning arguments on there head. If you did attend so many of the matches under SOD's tenure you would have witnessed the stadiums displeasure and anger at the end of almost all the home matches. These were the majority of fans you now label stupid. We will never agree on this total failure, so lets leave it there.

I mentioned 'Stupid' fans not all fans fella.

I also watched all of SoD's tenure....I was here during that time.

So I am in a position to give debate....and I will debate with anyone who gives good reasons....but if people just come on and say it was 'atrocious' football with no understanding of what he was trying to achieve, or the circumstances, then they will get the response it deserves. Especially if it's just throw away comments and not thought through.

Certain fans saying he is not a good manager or coach....and he was Head Coach here, not a manager as people wrongly think...is a ridiculous argument, when so many people high up in the game hold him in such high regard. In all seriousness....how can fans think they know better than those who work in the game 24/7?

If he was awful, he wouldn't be employed and especially not by the FA or Liverpool.

Sigh

Results first and foremost yes or no?

If you don't get results you get relegated yes or no?

Stop trying to change history his tenure here is nothing but a failure you can't dress that up or change it,

If it wasn't a failure he'd still be here employed by the club

No amount of you calling the vast majority of the fan base idiots will change that fact

No Amount of lording over mere mortals who want to be entertained will suddenly change the complete shit on show under his tenure

You can't rewrite history to change your argument

What he did off the pitch doesn't matter if on the pitch you can't wins football match

21 games without a win

Be honest, what did you think of the quality of the football?

You do remember the boos and shouts at him?

I warned you, spudders :(

Haha...Indeed you did fella...but I've got thick skin, but not quiet hedgehog like ;)

It's just frustrating when people don't read and understand correctly, and just spout soundbites like 'it was rubbish' or 'you could see the players hated him'....like really!!!

I have no idea if the players liked him or not but I do recall very clearly listening to a man go on about a passing game and then same night I'd watch the worst football both entertainment and result wise that I'd seen in a long time.

I have no idea if the players liked him or not but I do recall very clearly listening to a man go on about a passing game and then same night I'd watch the worst football both entertainment and result wise that I'd seen in a long time.

Each to their own fella...I've also spent three seasons as a season ticket holder watching Man Utd...a team that has some of the best players in the world, and has won nearly everything....yet I heard just as many, if not more fans moan about the football and not being entertained...with respect, I don't take much notice of what a lot of fans say...as like the players and managers, I find them frustrating to listen too....because many just don't get it, and don't take into consideration the many facts that contribute to a season.

Each to their own fella...I've also spent three seasons as a season ticket holder watching Man Utd...a team that has some of the best players in the world, and has won nearly everything....yet I heard just as many, if not more fans moan about the football and not being entertained...with respect, I don't take much notice of what a lot of fans say...as like the players and managers, I find them frustrating to listen too....because many just don't get it, and don't take into consideration the many facts that contribute to a season.

Must be hard to hear people have a different opinion to you.

Each to their own fella...I've also spent three seasons as a season ticket holder watching Man Utd...a team that has some of the best players in the world, and has won nearly everything....yet I heard just as many, if not more fans moan about the football and not being entertained...with respect, I don't take much notice of what a lot of fans say...as like the players and managers, I find them frustrating to listen too....because many just don't get it, and don't take into consideration the many facts that contribute to a season.

It's strange how the deep thinking tactical genius contributed in getting us relegated and driving thousands of fans away from Ashton gate with long ball boring football and almost got us relegated

Yet the thick goof ball merchant got us promoted playing the best attacking brand football ever seen at Ashton gate while leading us to our first league championship in 60 years

Majority of Fans under sod upset so just don't get yet the majority of fans under sc are happy and has led to our best season ticket return in 4o odd years

You are in the minoirty because you are wrong the majority can't be incorrect

It's strange how the deep thinking tactical genius contributed in getting us relegated and driving thousands of fans away from Ashton gate with long ball boring football and almost got us relegated

Yet the thick goof ball merchant got us promoted playing the best attacking brand football ever seen at Ashton gate while leading us to our first league championship in 60 years

Majority of Fans under sod upset so just don't get yet the majority of fans under sc are happy and has led to our best season ticket return in 4o odd years

You are in the minoirty because you are wrong the majority can't be incorrect

I think you'll find the majority of football fans are wrong about most things in football fella...that's why managers, coaches and players aren't fond of getting into deep conversations about football with many....and can be dismissive. A minority do enjoy such conversations. Depends what you say and how you come across.

As for your argument of 'I'm wrong because i'm in a minority of football fans thoughts'....ermmmm I think i'll leave that fella...as it's the most ridiculous thing you've said today.

We can agree to disagree :-)

Must be hard to hear people have a different opinion to you.

Nope...I appreciate good debate even if it is a difference of opinion....I just don't suffer fools.

Each to their own fella...I've also spent three seasons as a season ticket holder watching Man Utd...a team that has some of the best players in the world, and has won nearly everything....yet I heard just as many, if not more fans moan about the football and not being entertained...with respect, I don't take much notice of what a lot of fans say...as like the players and managers, I find them frustrating to listen too....because many just don't get it, and don't take into consideration the many facts that contribute to a season.

uote]

1. With respect, how can you be a season-ticket holder at United for three seasons and still claim to watch City analytically?

2. Being rated by other players and managers does not automatically equate to him being a great coach. I've worked with numerous people who have been highly rated by fellow professionals, and who have landed top jobs throughout their career based on that reputation, but who I know to have been useless.

3. As for being appointed by the FA, see point 2. And besides, what do the FA know about football? I mean, really? England have not even come close to winning a trophy for 49 years.

4. You can dismiss fans for not knowing anything about football as much as you like, but the bottom line is that fans were staying away from AG in their droves while SOD was in charge, and that meant he had to go.

This

Ill summarise the next 5 pages......

Some "in the Know" fans who know all the ins and outs of what goes on behind the scenes, but cant say what or who the know think SOD is the best thing for our club since sliced bread........will big him up.

Then some fans who aren't "in the Know" but go and watch every game think he is one of the worst managers we've had because of the football we watched and the results that followed, while all the time being patronised by a philosophical genius because football wasn't all about results and tables..... will rightfully say he wasn't great for us.

repeat till the next thread pops up.

Was I far off?

Archived