IGNORED

Yeovil Match Thread

eric04

First XI looks good, and other than Agard for Wilbs that has to be the strongest team we can field. Hopefully some new recruits before the opener - that bench just proves how threadbare the squad is. Swap Flint for El Abd, Kodjia for Burns and Reid for Freeman and it looks a different team, and not in a good way.

First XI looks good, and other than Agard for Wilbs that has to be the strongest team we can field. Hopefully some new recruits before the opener - that bench just proves how threadbare the squad is. Swap Flint for El Abd, Kodjia for Burns and Reid for Freeman and it looks a different team, and not in a good way.

Worryingly spot on...

There is no way in the world they'd have let Osbourne out on loan and Cunningham leave if they weren't 100% certain new players were joining. Would they?

Of course they would.  If they don't feature in the long term plans and an offer comes in they would let them go.  If we can't fine permanent improvements then we can bolster with loans.

Helluva way to run a railroad though.  Seems a high risk strategy.

Yeovil has signed 14 players - boy they must have a strong team..

Not sure anyone is suggesting to sign anyone for the sake of having numbers, but if you can look at that bench and tell me you're comfortable, should we get 3 or 4 injuries to key players, you're a braver man than I.

True.... But I'm not sure it is quite so drastic. We're unlikely to lose more than one in any given game, and even then it's unlikely to be for a significant number of minutes. Any prolonged absence then there is the loan window.

I don't think we are in such a catastrophic position as many. As said strong starting 11, few lads on the bench who you hope can step up and take their chance,,, a big one right now.

Of course though we need to make some signings. I just don't see it as impending Armageddon.

True.... But I'm not sure it is quite so drastic. We're unlikely to lose more than one in any given game, and even then it's unlikely to be for a significant number of minutes. Any prolonged absence then there is the loan window.

I don't think we are in such a catastrophic position as many. As said strong starting 11, few lads on the bench who you hope can step up and take their chance,,, a big one right now.

Of course though we need to make some signings. I just don't see it as impending Armageddon.

That's optimistic, Agard is out for weeks before a ball's been kicked. We got lucky with injuries last year, it's not uncommon for a team to lose 3 or 4 first team players to injury. International breaks means more midweek games so more Sat-Tue-Sat going on, though I suppose we lose the JPT which is a bonus.

I'm not panicking as I'm sure there is plenty going on behind the scenes and there will undoubtedly be arrivals, but that would be a worrying League One bench to be fair!

Archived