IGNORED

Yeovil Match Thread

eric04

Not the worse approach in the world.

Rather see the club build in sustainable fashion, even if it is trying, than splurge just to tread water.

That said; would be nice to have some substitutes...

There has to be a happy medium, cause whilst there's no one pushing from the u21's we have too small a squad and no competition, until injuries happen then we don't even have a first team !!

Something will give eventually, maybe our sights are bring set too high !?

Everyone likes to say they're not one of the panickers but seeing that bench with 8 days to go before the start of a Championship season, I would say panic is an entirely reasonable reaction!

It makes no sense that Cotterill would have planned to have played the entire preseason schedule without new recruits (Kodjia aside), having let a handful of last season's squad go. The only conclusion you can come to is that recruitment has not gone at all well, that we have missed out on our primary targets and that we are now chasing alternatives in a race against the clock. That is a legitimate cause for concern and I don't mind admitting that I am worried.

I was very much on the no panic brigade and I know friendlies mean very little but if this isnt a sign we need more players then we are in big trouble this season.

As a team we look way off the squads the big boys have in this division.

We definitely need players but the result isn't an issue. Glorified fitness exercise. But yeah, get some players please Steve + Steve.

SL is being a lot more cautious this time round .

It is well known throughout the club that the 2 young lads SC took to Portugal was done for a reason .

This is slightly worrying - I admire our financial prudence regarding wages but surely all our targets aren't asking for ridiculous money? I imagined KB/SC/JP/KD and SL would be in close conversation all the time about players, fees and wages.

Was bringing the youngsters to make a point then?

SL is being a lot more cautious this time round .

It is well known throughout the club that the 2 young lads SC took to Portugal was done for a reason .

Seems we've gone from one extreme to the other.

In saying that...if you go looking for experienced Championship players, they demand higher wages.

JK will be on lower wages than those with Championship experience.

I get the impression we've missed out on targets because of wage demands, then missed out on others with less experience, because they've already been snaffled up....playing catch up now, is my guess....hopefully he hasn't dropped a huge bollock....as they will have known the budget and what wage demands are in this league.

I agree...There is no one in the development squads ready to play Championship football yet imho fella.

I certainly do...but haven't put it on here, because I thought it would cause too much aggro...not because of the info, but because it came from me.

Some people have it in their heads i'm anti SC, which i'm not, but I've chose not to say anything that could be seen as negative towards him.

However...I've heard the same as you....wants more funds and isn't happy with what he's being asked to work with.

Said this last week, got shot down in flames and criticised by a few. Even mocked by a supposed 'ITK' poster the other day.

You don't even need to be in the know to work it out anyway. The squad is thread bare and the fact we are starting the season with what we have, is a joke.

If Cotterill ever needed a wake up call

Don't think he's the one who needs the wake up call, he's known since Portugal we're nowhere near strong enough for Championship football at present.

Good job there's nine days to go then...

Waiting for comments like 'but Wednesday lost to Scunny' etc

Massive wake up call if one was needed

As if Cotterill needs a wake up call. Without question his is fully aware that this squad is not adequate for the Championship. It's the fact that he knows that and hasn't managed to do anything about it which is the biggest cause for concern.

Who really cares about a friendly result its the games from next week that count towards the final table

I do.

We've not set the world alight in pre season.

We've struggled for goals and we've struggled for clean sheets.

Things don't just suddenly click because it's championship football - let's hope we get some quality in, sooner rather than later, and they start to gel rapidly. Sorry, but i was a Cotterill fan whilst most weren't , but pre season recruitment just hasn't been good enough.

Archived