IGNORED

Yeovil Match Thread

eric04

With respect....do you understand how the budget works regarding transfer fees and wages within the confines of the regs set out for the Championship?

It's not about transfer fees.

I thought in the Championship it was transfer fees and wages that contributed to FFP (Or in other words, its simply the amount of money you are allowed to lose before being penalised)?

Outside of the Championship (Lge 1 & 2), it's purely about wages.

With respect....do you understand how the budget works regarding transfer fees and wages within the confines of the regs set out for the Championship?

It's not about transfer fees.

I understand it. That's why I'm defending the board who others are claiming are to blame for the current situation. Wages are limited by turnover due to FFP, which isn't their fault. The Kodjia transfer proves the financial backing is there, purely in terms of money available. My point is that I believe the board will back Cotterill as much as they are able to, so it is not correct to blame them.

It'll be interesting to see what SC. has to say after this evenings dour result in what is out last competitive match before the opening game.

Regardless of what people are saying, we're very very low on numbers and have no time to bed then in even if they're signed tomorrow.

The lack of communication has been shocking, been shocking. Even a 'yes we're trying' statement would have been better than the deafening silence.

The clubs lifeblood are worried - speak....someone !??

Ok just looked up how much of a mess Blackpool were in, we aren't that bad apologies but this is truly awful and as I have put money into the club through a season ticket I think we deserve an explanation. We seem to have fallen off the wave we were riding into this league on

Lansdown's put a lot more in. He can call the value for money shots without explanation as far as I am concerned. I'm plenty excited for the season and pleasantly optimistic... Although perhaps my expectations are far lower than many others!

A) Season hasn't started yet. Incoming soon...

B) It's a meaningless friendly

C) A few shaky results at the start of last season (Oxford anyone?) didn't set the tone for the rest of it..

But we were wearing that bogie black kit. Dump it  now!!!

So will SC be thinking (regarding non-use of subs)

(A) ' a great opportunity to put my first choice 11 through 90 minutes and this will be a great advantage come Wednesday (Sheffield) and beyond'

or

(B) 'there is no-one good enough or experienced enough on this bench to justify any substitution unless there is an injury/forced change required'

Might his non-use of subs be a clear statement of his frustration to the board/recruitment staff at the failure to land targets?

We had a 6 page thread on our forum after we lost to Cheltenham last week, at 4 pages you lot are plainly amateurs.

Cotterill needs to resign obviously :)

i think you accidentally left your idiot size font on from when you were posting on slagchat

Amazing how many people know all these facts (as soon as the seal was broken in this thread) about finances, amazing!

People hear things. Just keep them to themselves. Once the cat is out of the bag though.....

I understand it. That's why I'm defending the board who others are claiming are to blame for the current situation. Wages are limited by turnover due to FFP, which isn't their fault. The Kodjia transfer proves the financial backing is there, purely in terms of money available. My point is that I believe the board will back Cotterill as much as they are able to, so it is not correct to blame them.

My mistake fella...I misunderstood your post.

Quiet correct what you say.

A budget will have been given for SC and KB to work with....they would know what they had to work with. It's not the boards fault as you say.

I think there has been a locking of horns.

We should imho, and others, have been looking at promising L1, L2, SPL and Foreign targets.

We've missed out on some real gems to other teams, because imo, we've been looking at the wrong targets in Experienced Championship players who demand high wages.

Hopefully....we can still find some gems.

But at the moment i'm not convinced, and can see the loan market being used heavily.

You're missing the point...Transfer fees are not the problem....wage demands however are.

How are they not the same? If the board are allowing figures like 2.2 mill to be spunked then bringing in exp Championship players on Free's or low fees will surely mean a resonable wage can be meet also..

Im still firmly chilled about the whole scenario anyway to be honest, we will be fine this season.

CALM DOWN. My Christ!

For the record, I've only joined this thread due to the conversation about the budgets/transfers.

I'm not bothered about tonight's result. There's a much much bigger picture.

Would all those losing their nerve be doing so if it was us who slipped in a last minute goal?

Yes.

Writing off the season ahead because of a defensive mistake? Not writing it off just stating the blinking obvious that we are no where near prepared, players will have played 5 or 6 full games in pre season when they would usually build up to full 90 minutes gradually and actually complete about 3 and 1/2 or 4 whole games. Unfortunately I expect tiredness and injuries before the end of August meaning we will need to sign more players than are already required.

Would all those losing their nerve be doing so if it was us who slipped in a last minute goal?

Writing off the season ahead because of a defensive mistake? Oh dear.

The concerns being expressed have very little to do with the result. We were talking about the weak bench long before the goal went in.

How are they not the same? If the board are allowing figures like 2.2 mill to be spunked then bringing in exp Championship players on Free's or low fees will surely mean a resonable wage can be meet also..

Im still firmly chilled about the whole scenario anyway to be honest, we will be fine this season.

It's not that simple. Due to financial fair play, wages are more of an issue than transfer fees as they are limited according to the club's turnover.

I thought in the Championship it was transfer fees and wages that contributed to FFP (Or in other words, its simply the amount of money you are allowed to lose before being penalised)?

Outside of the Championship (Lge 1 & 2), it's purely about wages.

Yes this is correct.

However, SL (and the scribe of the FFP regs John Pelling) will have established a very clear and transparent wage budget which is sustainable for the club. SL wants the wage bill to be in control. We have a reduced capacity again this year. Once that grows (along with more corporate cash when the stadium is completed) that wage budget significantly increases.

SL will no doubt be happy to cover losses and thus happy to fund transfer fees, but he is rightly being very strict on the wage bill. Stepping across that line again is the first step down another very slippery slope.

Wages must be kept in line. We need to shop in the right market.

Yes this is correct.

However, SL (and the scribe of the FFP regs John Pelling) will have established a very clear and transparent wage budget which is sustainable for the club. SL wants the wage bill to be in control. We have a reduced capacity again this year. Once that grows (along with more corporate cash when the stadium is completed) that wage budget significantly increases.

SL will no doubt be happy to cover losses and thus happy to fund transfer fees, but he is rightly being very strict on the wage bill. Stepping across that line again is the first step down another very slippery slope.

Then let's hope that also doesn't lead to us being severely under staffed player wise and being relegated, otherwise he'll have an altogether new financial issue on his hands with a 1/3rd full redeveloped Ashton gate won't he ?

Yes this is correct.

Which is why I'm confused. Whatever our salary scale there will always be players to fit it..... Just shop in the right places. So either we've cocked it all up or SC is being stubborn or well I dunno

Archived