IGNORED

Yeovil Match Thread

eric04

That's optimistic, Agard is out for weeks before a ball's been kicked. We got lucky with injuries last year, it's not uncommon for a team to lose 3 or 4 first team players to injury. International breaks means more midweek games so more Sat-Tue-Sat going on, though I suppose we lose the JPT which is a bonus.

I'm not panicking as I'm sure there is plenty going on behind the scenes and there will undoubtedly be arrivals, but that would be a worrying League One bench to be fair!

Although we did get lucky I still think losing three in one match is very exceptional, rarely are teams faced with three enforced changes.

To be honest I prefer a settled 11 with little rotation, and the trade off for that is less quality on the bench because the better players (JET, Osbourne) won't be bench warmers.

I think we do still have a few options to patch together a side to see out 90, and at the end of any game if we need to we can try and get an emergency loan in.

I accept some will consider me lunatic or naive but I think we only actually need two more, although I fully expect us to buy more. There's some serious value in the loan market so rather than get our third/fourth choice now and end up replacing him in a year or 18 months down the line I'm quite patient. We've had a few years with lots of transfer activity and a lot of turnover, I'd rather quality and value for money signings than reactionary signings to the fear of maybe calling on El Abd/ Reid/ Burns on 70 mins

Although we did get lucky I still think losing three in one match is very exceptional, rarely are teams faced with three enforced changes.

To be honest I prefer a settled 11 with little rotation, and the trade off for that is less quality on the bench because the better players (JET, Osbourne) won't be bench warmers.

I think we do still have a few options to patch together a side to see out 90, and at the end of any game if we need to we can try and get an emergency loan in.

I accept some will consider me lunatic or naive but I think we only actually need two more, although I fully expect us to buy more. There's some serious value in the loan market so rather than get our third/fourth choice now and end up replacing him in a year or 18 months down the line I'm quite patient. We've had a few years with lots of transfer activity and a lot of turnover, I'd rather quality and value for money signings than reactionary signings to the fear of maybe calling on El Abd/ Reid/ Burns on 70 mins

You naive lunatic!!

Actually a very sensible post... though I feel the correct place to be right now is about half way between you and the ultra panic merchants.

Archived