IGNORED

Elliott Bennett (MERGED)

True red

5 minutes ago, djb6162 said:

Striker and more favoured position right wing !

but yes you are right, not natutrally a RWB, but then again nor is elliot Bennet and thats not  where Blackburn will play him !

Id like to see Wes on the right hand side of a front 3, being able to swap around with Kodjia but we all know that will never happen unfortunatly

31 minutes ago, robin4ever said:

Evidently Blackburn have blown us out of the water financially . He wanted to stay but we could not get near the money !!!!!!! Terrible loss and also think we won't get any in. We were an attractive option in may .... Not now !! The board are division one in approach , attitude and financially

Where did you get this information from?

7 minutes ago, Doozerchris said:

Simple really, they will pay what a Championship player what he is looking for 

Good point 

and I think it has to be recognised that Blackburns manager (lamber) will absolutely know what wages Elliot was on at Norwich

he may even know how much of that wage BC were covering during the loan

this will be simple maths

elliot has an offer on the table from blackburn which will be less than Norwich but more than the proportion of the wage we were covering or prepared to cover.

the chances of survival are slightly better, more money, what else is there to consider ?

8 minutes ago, djb6162 said:

Striker and more favoured position right wing !

but yes you are right, not natutrally a RWB, but then again nor is elliot Bennet and thats not  where Blackburn will play him !

hes a striker and his preference is to play up front. He got asked after a wales u21 game after he scored 2 goals. He gave the standard answer of I will play wherever asked but when pushed said he is a striker!

agree with you Blackburn will play bennet right wing.

depressing times ahead for city fans

Just now, Spoons said:

hes a striker and his preference is to play up front. He got asked after a wales u21 game after he scored 2 goals. He gave the standard answer of I will play wherever asked but when pushed said he is a striker!

So you're questioning his dad on his sons favoured position? 

2 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

So based on team spirit alone, and not results, you would allow SC to carry on as normal ? He has shown no signs of ability to adapt to the circumstances or the league. It is a glaring issue and one that cannot be ignored if relegation is to be avoided. Team spirit is created by the manager, no doubt, but I would also doubt it would be lost by a change of manager who try to mould the resources available, maybe attract the players we need (SC will not unless we throw big money at it) to get points in the bag to avoid relegation. I wanted SC to make the jump up, but for me he looks further out of his depth by the week. I do not believe for one minute team spirit, current squad and playing 532 will get us anywhere but relegated. 

No, the squad obviously needs to be strengthened, and very rapidly.

To give ourselves ANY chance it's vital we maintain the team spirit engendered by SC and I don't think you should underestimate the potential damage to dressing room morale were Cotts.to be fired.

They're mostly young lads, SC's led them to unprecedented success, the pressure's on and there's a real possibility that without him they could lose heart and disintegrate.

52 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

IF Bennett signs for Blackburn, then this really does cement what a total shambles we are in. I doubt that is all the boards fault either, Cotts has to be a factor.

In what way exactly?

Club that is managed by someone who Bennett has played for before offers him more money and so he chooses to go there.

Whilst I'd accept criticism regarding his lack of pro activity with his substitutions or possibly even the formation, I'm struggling to see what this has to do the bloke who picked Bennett for every single game that he was with us.

As for the laughable suggestion that we'll suddenly become so much more attractive to players if he isn't in charge, in all probability that would be Warnock not Moyes or Pearson, so I really do doubt that very much.

Anyway, our owner would prefer it if we looking in League One, wouldn't he?

6 minutes ago, Spoons said:

I'm a right back, always have been it's my best position in my eyes. But always get played upfront because I'm a goal machine(in 5 a side). Just because you like a position doesn't make it yours.

Will be mildly amusing if Blackburn use him as a rwb after some of the comments on here. 

9 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Im seriously contemplating sending my family season tickets back to the club...Never seen anything like this!!

9 minutes ago, Spoons said:

You do know who you are giving the benefit of your knowledge to?

1 minute ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Im seriously contemplating sending my family season tickets back to the club...Never seen anything like this!!

Its getting quite bad aint it ... we invest our hard earned into the club with the anticipation of seeing some improvements to the squad and some decent footy to get fed corporate waffle and nothing serious or sensible being said from a club rep of some sorts.

Really thinking this myself and will be hard to justify the renewal next season particularly if we go down , probably pick and choose games if I can be bothered at all. I am sure there will be plenty of room in that shiny new stadium

1 minute ago, Turbored said:

Its getting quite bad aint it ... we invest our hard earned into the club with the anticipation of seeing some improvements to the squad and some decent footy to get fed corporate waffle and nothing serious or sensible being said from a club rep of some sorts.

Really thinking this myself and will be hard to justify the renewal next season particularly if we go down , probably pick and choose games if I can be bothered at all. I am sure there will be plenty of room in that shiny new stadium

That's exactly where me and numerous people i know are at, we've been season ticket holders for the last 10 years but enough is enough.

Like you said if we go down we will be hand picking away games mostly and the odd home game..

I am shocked at the debacle this season, its beyond bad in my eyes!!

16 minutes ago, sodburyred said:

Will be mildly amusing if Blackburn use him as a rwb after some of the comments on here. 

Seeing as we are the only side in the division that is playing 3-5-2 it won't be amusing, it will be incredible.

39 minutes ago, Spoons said:

opinions on how good he is/isn't. Are irrelevant when you have a squad of 15/16 !

The bloke picked the same team week in week out  whether we won , lost or were  hammered, when he had the loan players here with Cox and Robinson getting no where near the team. So clearly the size of the squad is not relevant to Cotterill

1 hour ago, billywedlock said:

3 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

That's exactly where me and numerous people i know are at, we've been season ticket holders for the last 10 years but enough is enough.

Like you said if we go down we will be hand picking away games mostly and the odd home game..

I am shocked at the debacle this season, its beyond bad in my eyes!!

Agreed, debacle is almost putting it mildly, and this is why I'm convinced the board must surely be determined to try and put things right by bringing in the necessary reinforcements in this window.

If bold and decisive action isn't taken now to strengthen the squad, and City are relegated, the club are very likely to lose 5,000 STH's next season.

6 minutes ago, hortonred said:

The bloke picked the same team week in week out  whether we won , lost or were  hammered, when he had the loan players here with Cox and Robinson getting no where near the team. So clearly the size of the squad is not relevant to Cotterill

100% agree with that. The whole cox thing was so strange! Basically SC is to loyal to his core 13 players from last season. Very hard for any new signing to settle! Ask Ryan Fredericks, little made sure he wasn't staying around for long!!!

This club is plumbing new depths.A shambles does not do it justice.Any club with an ounce of determination to survive would have had some players lined up and on the way in at the start of the window. It sums up what the people who run this club both on and off the field think of supporters who pay good money to follow them.You should be ashamed of yourselves

1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Agreed, debacle is almost putting it mildly, and this is why I'm convinced the board must surely be determined to try and put things right by bringing in the necessary reinforcements in this window.

If bold and decisive action isn't taken now to strengthen the squad, and City are relegated, the club are very likely to lose 5,000 STH's next season.

The problem is though i just can't see BCFC with Cotts in charge being a draw for average players let good one's, this season is fast looking like a lost cause already and thats scary!!

34 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

No, the squad obviously needs to be strengthened, and very rapidly.

To give ourselves ANY chance it's vital we maintain the team spirit engendered by SC and I don't think you should underestimate the potential damage to dressing room morale were Cotts.to be fired.

They're mostly young lads, SC's led them to unprecedented success, the pressure's on and there's a real possibility that without him they could lose heart and disintegrate.

Noggers....How do you know the team spirit and moral is engineered by SC?

He's added signings to a group of players already here.

Plenty of teams have played as a group of lads, who have played for one another...a band of brothers so to speak...but have done it for themselves and not the manager.

Only this week Robinson tweeted that personally City was a bad move, but that he thought the lads were one of the best bunch he'd ever met...no mention of the manager.

If another manager came in, it won't mean moral drops...it might even lift it more for all we know.

Thought I was the only one considering not renewing because of the shambles of this season. If we go down I may not renew and not because we go down but because of the manner. Got me and the misses a season ticket. £860 total which is quite a bit for me. Love watching the quality of the league but this money goes to BCFC. They returned the favor by being cheap and signing 2 players(I'm counting Baker as he seemed an actual target and not a panic). I'll support the team next season but not at £430 a ticket. 

A lot of people seem to have assumed it was a done deal on the basis of one tweet about a kitchen. It could be he wants to hook up with Lambert. It could be his agent playing games and getting us to up our offer. 

Blackburn might be a bit of a dump but there a nice areas around it. 

1 minute ago, spudski said:

Noggers....How do you know the team spirit and moral is engineered by SC?

He's added signings to a group of players already here.

Plenty of teams have played as a group of lads, who have played for one another...a band of brothers so to speak...but have done it for themselves and not the manager.

Only this week Robinson tweeted that personally City was a bad move, but that he thought the lads were one of the best bunch he'd ever met...no mention of the manager.

If another manager came in, it won't mean moral drops...it might even lift it more for all we know.

I don't deny that's possible Spudski, but from everything I've seen over the past couple of years I just think it's incredibly unlikely.

You can't have a vibrant and contented dressing room without a manager who is well liked and respected by his players so I would say the commitment, positivity and confidence that we've all seen from the players during his tenure could easily be shattered by his removal.

He's signed most of the players, and even the few who were here before he came have advanced their careers hugely under him. 

Why is it gospel, again, because one person says so, that this is about Blackburn offering more?

Even if they simply matched our offer, agreed to play him in a position he prefers with a team much better placed in the league, is that not enough on its own?

6 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Why is it gospel, again, because one person says so, that this is about Blackburn offering more?

Even if they simply matched our offer, agreed to play him in a position he prefers with a team much better placed in the league, is that not enough on its own?

Have you seen Blackburn's reported wage bill (in 2014 it was £34m!) and ours (£9m), doesn't take Sherlock Holmes, does it?

Archived