IGNORED

Elliott Bennett (MERGED)

True red

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Have you seen Blackburn's reported wage bill (£14m) and ours (£9m), doesn't take Sherlock Holmes, does it?

But why offer him more when it's not needed? Anyone would jump at the chance, better wages or not..

19 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Agreed, debacle is almost putting it mildly, and this is why I'm convinced the board must surely be determined to try and put things right by bringing in the necessary reinforcements in this window.

If bold and decisive action isn't taken now to strengthen the squad, and City are relegated, the club are very likely to lose 5,000 STH's next season.

I'd contemplate not renewing but having to spend those Saturday's with the 'better half' and the little one doing 'family stuff' would quickly swing me back to purchasing one I'm sure! Agree that 1000's will pick and choose though. New stadium is going to be one hell of a white elephant next year at this rate (unless the rugby team go up but that's another debate!) 

17 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Have you seen Blackburn's reported wage bill (in 2014 it was £34m!) and ours (£9m), doesn't take Sherlock Holmes, does it?

It does take Sherlock to understand where their money is coming from though while meeting FFP rules. 

25 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I don't deny that's possible Spudski, but from everything I've seen over the past couple of years I just think it's incredibly unlikely.

You can't have a vibrant and contented dressing room without a manager who is well liked and respected by his players so I would say the commitment, positivity and confidence that we've all seen from the players during his tenure could easily be shattered by his removal.

He's signed most of the players, and even the few who were here before he came have advanced their careers hugely under him. 

So you think if SC were to leave, moral would drop Noggers? As you've implied 'it's incredibly unlikely'...

There have been many cases where players liked a manager, but another one comes along and boosts what was already there.

For example...the players were sad to see SoD go, as they said they were learning a lot from him...he never lost the dressing room...however...SC came along and boosted things. We are in a similar position to when SC took over from SoD...relegation looming...it's just as likely imo, that another manager could come in, bring some new ideas and vibrancy and continue in the same vein as what SC did when he first came here.

What if I said to you, that not all the players are convinced to SC's system, but go out and try there best, regardless....

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

So you think if SC were to leave, moral would drop Noggers? As you've implied 'it's incredibly unlikely'...

There have been many cases where players liked a manager, but another one comes along and boosts what was already there.

For example...the players were sad to see SoD go, as they said they were learning a lot from him...he never lost the dressing room...however...SC came along and boosted things. We are in a similar position to when SC took over from SoD...relegation looming...it's just as likely imo, that another manager could come in, bring some new ideas and vibrancy and continue in the same vein as what SC did when he first came here.

What if I said to you, that not all the players are convinced to SC's system, but go out and try there best, regardless....

I think they are doing it for the team and the fans…they are obviously doing was Cotts tell them because he is in charge.

A shake-up is needed. The whole team set-up seems rather stale and has stagnated.

I think we all need to grin and bear the fact that we are NOT an attractive proposition. I love Bristol and Bristol City (the only team I dreamed of playing for apart from England) but even I would be tempted to hot foot it to Milton Keynes or Rotherham at the moment. AG personifies doom and gloom at the moment.

1 hour ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Im seriously contemplating sending my family season tickets back to the club...Never seen anything like this!!

Make sure you mark it for the attention of Mr S Lansdown

31 minutes ago, lenred said:

I'd contemplate not renewing but having to spend those Saturday's with the 'better half' and the little one doing 'family stuff' would quickly swing me back to purchasing one I'm sure! Agree that 1000's will pick and choose though. New stadium is going to be one hell of a white elephant next year at this rate (unless the rugby team go up but that's another debate!)

@lenred I am the opposite to you as I work away all week so what time I get with my family and my other interests on the weekends are so valuable so dropping the footy could easily been done. I been following this lot for the last 30 years and not a lots changed on the pitch in all that time. I dropped out for a couple of years in the 00`s but came back in about 04 so could easily do it again for a short while and perhaps get back on the golf course.

Drifting gently back to League One. Now have a lesser squad than we came up with and a terrible transfer policy. Add that to a stubborn manager who refuses to change a losing formula and it is looking more and more like a nightmare season.

4 minutes ago, Blazeyrobins said:

Sky just confirmed Bennett has signed for them

Through a friend of an agent he signed for 4 k a week more than city offered . No brainer ... 200 k a year more !!

2 minutes ago, Super said:

This could really push Cotts over the edge.

I think we may have been through the looking glass for a while now.

What confused the hell out of me is that if we ended up getting out bid (and realise there may be more factors, but...) then how on earth do we expect to sign anyone like Kergamont?

Surely he'll be on a bigger wedge?

Massive blow. Him and Smith have been far and away our best players along with Baker since he joined. If we bring no one to fill this position we are as good as down IMO. Mark Little didn't fill me with confidence in L1 let alone champ. 

What an absolutely remarkable **** up this season has been. 

Blackburn were under a transfer embargo for quite some time and have still managed to sign more players than Bristol City. Obviously it is worth FFP sanctions to bring in talent. After all, after you get your embargo you still have the players you signed to earn the embargo. Will SW care if they get an embargo? No because they will still have a squad that can get to the prem of they fail this season. 

I don't even want us sanctioned but we could certainly toe that line a bit better. Everyone else seems to have a clear goal except for us. 

The player did nothing wrong, he was prepared to go out on loan as he wanted to play. He dropped down to a new Championship team, took a gamble. Blackburn did the clever thing, noticed him playing, seized their chance (undoubtedly made easier by our league and financial position ) and offered him a permanent deal.

Good luck to him, I don't wish him any ill. Can't say I'm surprised though.  We lost another first team regular which is going to sting.

Archived